What powers the destiny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What powers the destiny.

How did the ancient power the destiny? I've seen the concept art and it looks really old, so what did power the destiny and the gate delivery ship? It seems unlikely the ZPM was invented at that time.

Also I wonder if the ship hasn't decayed over all those years.

A sub space tap was sugested, if humanity could invent a functinal model, then the Acients with their 25-30 mil+ of technology should too.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that is is powered by love and cheese....

Or maybe alot of solar panels, and it parks next to a sun once a month or something

But the love and cheese scenario is the most likely

Go Green

Comment

Possible Superpower Powersource List:

-Hamster
        -Hamster on a threadmill
        -Hamster On a threadmill and a can of beer.
        -Hopes and Dreams
        -Hopes and dreams of Children
        -Humans
        -God
        -Ascended Beings
        -Faith.
        -Singularities
        -MegaZPM
        -Unobtanium
        -Handwavium

Realistic Powersource List:
        -VEG[Vacuum Energy Generator]
        -Really Big Naquahdah Reactor
        -Really Big [Naquahdah Enhanced] Fusion Core
        -Subspace tap
        -several Arcturusses each activated after Eachother, only running for 3 seconds, comes with supercooling
        -AR Arcturus [Ala" Mckay and Ms Miller"]
        -Several Dozen ZPM's.
        -Geothermal Heat from the core of planets.
        -Solar Energy
        -some kind of new element
        -Antimatter[highly unlikely]

cant think of anything else.

Comment

I think VEG's, Subspace Tap, Mega Fusion reactor or Black holes are the most likely.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

It has to be something sustainable and also very powerful seeing as the ship has to litterally traverse the universe, it must have a mighty fast hyper drive.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              It has to be something sustainable and also very powerful seeing as the ship has to litterally traverse the universe, it must have a mighty fast hyper drive.
              i say subspace tap that let's a steady amount of power into the ship.

also hyperspace speed could be goa'uld speeds. remember the ship takes millions of years to travel around. star after star, galaxy after galaxy.

Comment

Millions of baby gerbils.

Visit my Website

Comment

Naquada generators-makes sense since the ship is carrying several million gates (I presume-to cover several galaxies worth) and the Stargates are made of Naquada.

Comment

It could be ZPMs. The ship may have been build before Atlantis, but we don't know how long ago the Ancients invented the ZPMs

Originally posted by jnadreth
                    Naquada generators-makes sense since the ship is carrying several million gates (I presume-to cover several galaxies worth) and the Stargates are made of Naquada.
                    Isn't the Destiny the following ship? It was my understanding that there are two ships, one that seeds the stargates, and that the Destiny is the ship that follows. I might be wrong, are there two ships or one?
                    sigpic

Comment

What powers the destiny?

Fate.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                        It could be ZPMs. The ship may have been build before Atlantis, but we don't know how long ago the Ancients invented the ZPMs

Isn't the Destiny the following ship? It was my understanding that there are two ships, one that seeds the stargates, and that the Destiny is the ship that follows. I might be wrong, are there two ships or one?
                        There were originally supposed to be 2 ships but the 2nd was cancelled when the Ancients got busy with Ascention-Destiny is the gate dropper so to speak.

Comment

AA Batteries or failing that some great whoping subspace tap

Comment

Hopfully something you cannot just unplug. I mean if you can unplug it then they do not really have leave anyone behind because when they enter into planetary orbit they simply disconnect the power and then only reconnect once the team is back on board.

A black hole is a possibility, you could not just shut that down.

Or subspace tap, Where push it power into buffer which then power the hyper drive. Obviously the tap cannot be shut off and so if the buffer not emptied its goes bang. The only system the buffer is connected to is the hyper drive.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 25 October 2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

It flies on the wings of imagination.......................

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Working...
                              X