Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny Concept Art

It's not much, four imges, but still.

Does it lok a little too retro to anyone else?

edit: that is clearly not a jumper, way too big.
    Last edited by Crazy Tom; 24 October 2008, 12:54 PM.

I dont like the smaller ship idea.

overall, intresting.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Cheers for making me aware there's concept art for Universe Crazy Tom I had no idea it was out there.

I never thought it was gonna look as advanced as Atlantis and I like it.
      I like the idea of the crew having access to a shuttle, but I'm wondering if it will be hyperdrive capable, what do you think?

The halls look reminiscent of the Ori ships to me, what's everyone else think?

Comment

For a society millions of years old, it look lke it speped out of a bad 1980s sci fi movie.

I'm unhappy with the use of buttons. You think they developed touchscreens before intergalactic hyperdrives.

Comment

Where are the concept drawings?

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
            Where are the concept drawings?
            http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=61531

It's......purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              For a society millions of years old, it look lke it speped out of a bad 1980s sci fi movie.
              You are of course entitled to your own opinions , but how often do concept designs and artwork follow to the letter in the actual production of the final thing?
              I'm sure people thought that the Aurora's would look more like Atlantis's architecture than they did before the first one was shown.
              I know I did.

I'm unhappy with the use of buttons. You think they developed touchscreens before intergalactic hyperdrives.
              Atlantis and the Auroras have those unusual dial things on their consoles and their Stargate dialing devices feature buttons so why would Destiny be that much different?
              Destiny may still have the same neural control thing that the Auroras and Atlantis's chair control system has, after all it was designed to be used by the Ancients.

The technology doesn't have to look highly advanced for it to be effective.

Comment

actually it goes well with ancient tech. the rounded doors are characteristic of stargates. The control panels are similar to our own without the refined systems of Atlantis.

Comment

The Bridge looks kinda like the Ancient Repository of Knowledge(You know, the style of panelling) crossed with the doors and display's from a Star Wars ship. I swear if you look at the Trade Fed Battleships bridge doors from Episode 1 they are near identical-heres a harrowing thought, the Imperials actually beat the Alliance and millions of years later there were only humans who evolved (Of course forgetting their history) and then we had the great Alteran/Ori split.

Comment

this would be the oldest ancient form of technology out there since it was sent out to seed the universe with stargates.

So its suppose to look "retro" but the concepts look out of Startrek and not stargate. But its concept art and not production art so I'll wait for my final judgments to be said.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

It would be nice to see some of the earlier ancient tech, and this ship kind of gives an earth made feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                        The Bridge looks kinda like the Ancient Repository of Knowledge(You know, the style of panelling) crossed with the doors and display's from a Star Wars ship. I swear if you look at the Trade Fed Battleships bridge doors from Episode 1 they are near identical-heres a harrowing thought, the Imperials actually beat the Alliance and millions of years later there were only humans who evolved (Of course forgetting their history) and then we had the great Alteran/Ori split.
                        If your going to go that far why not have the jedi and sith battle so much that everything in that galaxy is killed. They finally realize the true path settle down only to start fighting again, a million years later under new names alteran and origin?

Please tell me I just didn't start a fanfic idea?

Comment

actually, we go to the galaxy far far away, and we discover the Starwars universe is real.

good thing we brought asgard beam weapons along.

as to the Shuttle: i think its a medium sized ship. like an alkesh.

also, i hoped they would go with the MW style.
                          i imagined the ancients WOULD use touchscreen. as long as its not voicecommand. buttons are so...earth. also, i notice a trend of making the ancients more humanlike.
                          atlantis was cool, but human. Auroras were initially straight from earth and now still look quite human [mainly due to the doodads on the ship]
                          Jumpers look ancient. thumbs up.
                          and then we get this even more human style stuff. why all the human stuff? touchscreen is nice. our Deadalus has tons of touchscreen. atlantis has. so can we spend some extra bucks on Destiny and make it touchscreen.

Comment

why are you lot complaining, this is around 2-3million years old, things change. from then to now, IE atlantis layout.

Comment

What is wrong? The set might look way diffirent from concept art...

Go Green

Comment

Working...
                              X