X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New shows that I don't light my fire

New shows that don't light my fire:
    1)Chuck (what a load of re-hashed BS). My guess is there must be a younger crowd that sees this new and fresh, where some of older viewers have seen most of the older (similar) shows in their hayday.
    2)Eleventh Hour. The original was also boring and stale.
    3)Life On Mars (The original was good) It is just the re-hashed of other shows with a similar twist.
    4)Santcuary (I am trying to watch it, but just can't seem to really, really like it). I also agree the British Accent is a mistake. Bleh! As others have said. Besides, Torchwood and X-files already did these.
    5)Knight Rider (just sucks) The orignal was good,.... way way back when... (When I was a young teenager).
    6)Ghost Hunters. (like someone else said, somewhere, plumbers with buttcracks who see ghosts). Just a load of BS.

I am sure there are more that are a waste...

There are many, many shows that went on for several years, then were cancelled. Many of those shows still had many more years of life in them. Even the re-runs of those shows could play in the place of these new (crummy)shows and be very good for ratings.
    Last edited by retiredat44; 24 October 2008, 10:25 AM.
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

I love Chuck! When my husband and I started watching it last season when it first aired we stopped watching after a few episodes. We just didn't get into it. But then I went to my dad's and watched one of the last episodes last season, and it got me interested in it. I watched the rest of the episodes online. Now I watch every episode.

I have to admit, I feel the same way about Sanctuary. I am trying, but I feel no pull to watch it.

Knight Rider, what a joke. I didn't even believe it when I heard they were re-making it. I wasn't even much into the original, but my husband was.

I haven't watched the others, so I can't comment.
    sigpic

Comment

The only one I've seen out of those is Sanctuary, and I feel the same as you two. Bleh indeed.

Comment

1)Chuck
        never watched it, don't care that i'm missing it

2)Eleventh Hour.
        watched it once or twice, but don't really remember it

3)Life On Mars no inclination at all to watch

4)Santcuary
        THis i like and enjoy

5)Knight Rider
        the movie sucked, so this had to be worse. ain't even wasting my time on what is basically a 44 minute infomercial for a car....and val kilmer ain't no kitt

6)Ghost Hunters.
        it's on scifi, thus it must be crap. i'll watch a documentary on history channel first
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          6)Ghost Hunters.
          it's on scifi, thus it must be crap. i'll watch a documentary on history channel first
          You know the best show on SciFi? ECW Wrestling XD
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            1)Chuck
            never watched it, don't care that i'm missing it

2)Eleventh Hour.
            watched it once or twice, but don't really remember it

3)Life On Mars no inclination at all to watch

4)Santcuary
            THis i like and enjoy

5)Knight Rider
            the movie sucked, so this had to be worse. ain't even wasting my time on what is basically a 44 minute infomercial for a car....and val kilmer ain't no kitt

6)Ghost Hunters.
            You say that like it's a bad thing...

Comment

chuck
              i love this show, all the guest stars, the comedy, infact everything about it is just awesome

eleventh hour
              meh, i heard this is a remake of a british show that starred patrick stewart so that makes it an instant fail

life on mars
              well well, another remake of a british show, colm meany was in the pilot and never returned, thus my interest in this is no more

sanctuary
              i love this show, i didnt think i would but it really is an awesome show.................... so far

knight rider
              ................................................................................ ......

ghost hunters
              ive never seen this show so i dont know what im missing thus i dont care
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

I wouldn't have called Ghost Hunters new. It's been on for a few years now, hasn't it? They just keep "reinventing" it. GH International, GH College, GH Bad Acid Trips... Whatever.

I kinda resent the implication that only youngsters can like Chuck. The recycled nature of the material doesn't bother me too much and yes, I have seen some of the original shows from which it draws influence. I can understand why folks- of any age- wouldn't like it, though, as I came close myself to not even giving it a chance. *shrug*

I don't mind Sanctuary, although I think it tries to hard sometimes and can get a bit full of itself. The show airing on SCIFI seems to be a lot more coherent than the webisodes, which I couldn't follow at all. My biggest problem right now is remembering to watch it. LOL! I've gotten used to Fridays being a dead time for TV.

Anyway, I think it's a fact of life that good stuff tends to get canceled faster than bad stuff. Or it certainly seems that way sometimes. Most of my absolute favorites barely lasted a season while crap seems to go on for years and years. I'm kinda past the point of getting upset about it. Especially since I've noticed that when some of my "good" shows do last I usually wind up regretting it. LOL!

Good shows getting canceled too soon is a terrible thing, but good shows lasting long past their expiration date is worse, if you ask me. I'd rather see a show die while still finding its potential than to watch it get dragged through the gutter and become an embarrassment.

Comment

Chuck- I like Chuck! I haven't been watching it lately because I found a different show that caught my eye, but it's cute and fluffy, and okay it is a little silly sometimes, but it's not a show that really takes itself too seriously.

Eleventh Hour- I don't know what this show is even about. It looks cheesy.

Life on Mars- I haven't gotten around to seeing the original yet. I don't even know when this is on.

Sanctuary- I'm only watching it because nothing else is on after Atlantis. It's getting better over time, but not much.

Knight Rider- I saw like half an hour of the movie. Boring. I don't even get what was so amazing about the original. It's a talking car, so what? (The only thing going for the new show is that David Hasselhoff isn't in it.)

Ghost Hunters- Not exactly new, and it'd be easy to just ignore if it weren't for all the stupid ads that take up a large chunk of the screen while I'm watching a show.

Comment

Chuck-Awesome, never miss it

Eleventh hour- no inclination to watch it

Life on mars- havent seen the original but the new one is quite watchable and i see it having a good run.

Sanctuary- the concept itself isnt my cup of tea, I try to but mostly fail to watch it.

Knight rider- didnt even bother

Ghost hunters- I see the appeal and have a friend who is addicted but again, not my thing.

Comment

I can't even believe they remade life on mars. that has to be the most blatent attempt of some american producer rubbing his hands and wanting to cash in on british success that I've ever seen. Completely idiotic since they would never be able to recreate how good the original was from the off.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Oh, it doesn't bug me that they tried to redo Life on Mars. I mean, we have a pretty long history of cannibalizing British shows into American ones (and a few Canadian ones, too). What bothers me is that they did such a piss-poor job of it.

If you're gonna remake a show, you need to make it your own. From what little I saw it seemed as if they were just copying the original without adding much of their own stuff. I'm kinda glad Lenny Clarke seems to have been the victim of recasting as it means I don't have to feel guilty about not watching the show.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                          New shows that don't light my fire:
                          1)Chuck (what a load of re-hashed BS). My guess is there must be a younger crowd that sees this new and fresh, where some of older viewers have seen most of the older (similar) shows in their hayday.
                          2)Eleventh Hour. The original was also boring and stale.
                          3)Life On Mars (The original was good) It is just the re-hashed of other shows with a similar twist.
                          4)Santcuary (I am trying to watch it, but just can't seem to really, really like it). I also agree the British Accent is a mistake. Bleh! As others have said. Besides, Torchwood and X-files already did these.
                          5)Knight Rider (just sucks) The orignal was good,.... way way back when... (When I was a young teenager).
                          6)Ghost Hunters. (like someone else said, somewhere, plumbers with buttcracks who see ghosts). Just a load of BS.

I am sure there are more that are a waste...

There are many, many shows that went on for several years, then were cancelled. Many of those shows still had many more years of life in them. Even the re-runs of those shows could play in the place of these new (crummy)shows and be very good for ratings.
                          Don't watch it if you don't like it?

You could try watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles if you like the movies.

Comment

Wow I must be the only one who likes eleventh hour, imho its better than fringe, they just try to hard. so far I only missed one and that was last week b/c it was thursday and its college.

Santcuary dose'nt seem to bad even though I have seen a combined 30 seconds.

Chuck is pretty good from what I remember last year

Watched a bit of Kight Rider, its like a bad D movie.

Comment

can't believe the moronic kooks who run Sci-Fi channel wasted Holloween night (all day and night) running the plumbers with butt-cracks who see ghosts...) Ghost Hunters..... While we wait another week for SGA to return..
                              My Story:
                              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Working...
                              X