This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILER Cult Times #111 - Amanda Tapping on the cover

THERE IS A SPOILER IN THIS INFORMATION -- READ WITH DISCRETION!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D...197.html#aC111

(Cult Times #111 is a UK based scifi magazine. In the US, you may
    order online from the URL above. Or, check with your local Borders or
    Barnes and Noble Bookstores for the magazine. Allow time for the
    magazine to be shipped across the pond.)

Issue #111 • ships from Nov 18 2004
    News-stand Price • UK £3.99 / US $7.99

Stargate SG-1

• Colonel Sam Carter is getting married! We got hold of the delightful Amanda Tapping, who plays Sam, to get her thoughts on the happy event, Season Eight's top-name guest stars and her changing home life…

Malcolm in the Middle
    • Actor Bryan Cranston discusses the hugely successful family comedy which has been compared with The Simpsons, and offers his thoughts on why it hits home…

The Dead Zone
    • With Season Three over, star and producer Anthony Michael Hall looks back at what the show has accomplished so far, and looks forward to the future and its fourth season

Justice League Unlimited
    • Overseer Bruce Timm on the next phase in the evolution of the Justice League, featuring more heroes and tougher villains, and why Batman can't always be doing something cool

Arrested Development
    • As BBC2 screens the quirky comedy, we speak to star Jason Bateman about playing Michael Bluth, a man trying to hold his family together after his father's arrest, even though he really shouldn't try

Times Past
    We look at the future of British Cult TV. Can Spooks and Hex revive genre fortunes, or is the only hope to fund US-made shows like the revamped Battlestar Galactica?

Out of the Box
    Everything you need to know about the Christmas and New Year period on TV

You Should Be Watching…
    Teachers
    Arson, mortar firing, students dating staff: it's all just an average day for the staff of Wattkins Comprehensive School

File Under…
    Blackadder's Christmas Carol
    A festive FU this issue, as we visit kindly soul Ebenezer Blackadder, who on being visited by a dread spirit decides that maybe being nice isn't the best way to live after all…

The Guest List
    David Nykl reveals how he picked up a recurring role in Stargate Atlantis, and Ellen Dubin expresses her joy at being able to fondle the chest of Forbes March in Mutant X

News – behind the screens
    Rumours of an Angel revival

The Daleks get a 21st Century upgrade

Six Feet Under is given one more year

Kolchak's return is prepared

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

*tries to stop the urge to hurl*

This can't possibly be good..... for anyone
    *crawls off to rock and moan in the corner*

Thanks for the heads up morjana!

Comment

I don't believe it. It's inconsistant with earlier spoilers and reaks of a red haring. My guess is that it might even related to something from the funky AU/Time Travel story.

Comment

Could well be a red herring . Only way to find out is to buy the mag,so I'll try to get one tomorrow.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Probably is only a red herring. Affinity just aired in Ireland and the UK and this is a UK magazine so I think it is nothing. It is probably just getting a reaction to Affinity so the fans who just after seen it can get a sort of comment from AT on the engagement.

Comment

....Thats the best they could do with AT on the cover?! That's horrible. My dog could put together a better cover. And what's with the comic book look!?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

If its UK based, maybe they're just mentioning
              Spoiler:
              Affinity, since it just recently played over there

At least one could hope, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                ....Thats the best they could do with AT on the cover?! That's horrible. My dog could put together a better cover. And what's with the comic book look!?

hey man dont give amanda tapping a hard time...she's gorgeous and deserves all the credit. yeah so just leave her alone...rock on AT

sam

Comment

Thanks, Morjana. I'm also hoping that the article is based on "Affinity" rather than the second half of S8. Possibly, the "Moebius" loop also ... it all depends on when the interview was given ....

Are we having fun yet? Shippers' thread should be exploding right about now ....

I want to see "Proof Positive" only if Jack fits into the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Thanks, Morjana. I'm also hoping that the article is based on "Affinity" rather than the second half of S8. Possibly, the "Moebius" loop also ... it all depends on when the interview was given ....

Are we having fun yet? Shippers' thread should be exploding right about now ....

I want to see "Proof Positive" only if Jack fits into the equation.
                    LOL! The shipper thread's not exploding, as we all think as you do that it's publicity for Affinity as it's just been shown here.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sam_carter_oneill15
                      hey man dont give amanda tapping a hard time...she's gorgeous and deserves all the credit. yeah so just leave her alone...rock on AT

sam
                      ....I'm saying they are doing her an injustice! They should just do a photoshoot and not some damn comic book look. She looks horrible, and greasy, when she isn't. She has very smooth and nice skin, not oranged smears. I'm sorry, but that cover is horrible.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Well,I went.I bought.I read !
                        No mention of Sam/Pete,Sam/Jack whatsoever.....and the only "Happy Event" discussed was Amanda and Alan's baby !

Nice cosy Thomasina /Amanda chat.Couple of funny little anecdotes.
                        Minor spoiler for S8 Affinity :
                        Spoiler:
                        Only sign of ep Affinity was 2 screencaps with "Sam and Pete:What will the future hold" (Park bench scene) and "Aside from a lot of snogging,obviously..." (Pete/Sam kiss)

Aside from the AT piece,some rather good newsy bits,so it was worth buying.

(For me,that is ! )
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 November 2004, 04:55 AM. Reason: Sorry ! Forgot to describe a couple of screencaps .

Comment

If you go to this link there's a bit of the interview and it hints at some scenes that were being shot about two weeks before the end of the season.
                          Spoiler:
                          Sounds like some fun stuff with Sam and Daniel involving lots of "brown" hehe.
                          Obviously, some very vague spoilers about one of the last episodes *and* a pic of Sam and Pete from Affinity. So beware.

http://www.visimag.com/culttimes/c111_feat01.htm

FHB - did the interview identify which episode they were shooting?
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Not as such,but that doesn't surprise me !
                            I'll hazard a guess at Mobius or Citizen Joe ?

Please note Speculation only !
                            Spoilers/spec for Mobius/Citizen Joe
                            Spoiler:

Little funnies about wearing lots of brown clothes/sensible shoes between AT and TG,...I'll quote TG.
                            "You'll have to wait to see the episode,to understand how "wrong" the look is for both Tapping,and co-star Michael Shanks ".

To me ,that could allude to time travel or AU/Humour ep ? Pure speculation,though,as TG went on to say next :
                            "Shanks and Tapping get in touch with their inner geek with hilarious results".

All I know for sure is that the shooting schedules were hectic again in S8 ,with some eps being shot out of sequence.

Also the last part of the interview centred on Amanda's "Bump" and the need for "Creative camera shots"...and she stated she was 16 weeks into her pregnancy.

Any help ?
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 November 2004, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Well i got hold of my copy first thing this morning and hid myself in the staffroom after
                              telling my colleges that i've got to get up to
                              date with my paper work!
                              No word on Sam getting married but Amanda talks
                              of her being married for ten years and after her photo shoot with Femme Fatale Alan had lot's of phone calls from their friends asking if that was his Amanda and tellig him no wonder
                              you're still married! I just loved that bit.

I'm happy with the interview and would have
                              bought it anyway as Amanda is my favourite but
                              just how Cult Times got that headline has gone
                              passed me but i'll bet their sales will go up
                              because of it!
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                              X