This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E4's "Dead Set"

Just wondering if any body will be watching E4's Dead Set, the 5 part Zombie miniseries airing daily from this coming monday through to Hallowe'en (Friday).

http://www.e4.com/deadset/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Set_(TV_series)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OErUbThn4pg
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285482/
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

It's written by Charlie Brooker. Oh, i'll be watching alright.

I read an interview with him in the metro the other day, looks to be pretty epic.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

It's starring the slut from Kidulthood. Brilliant.

Comment

did noone watch the first ep? did noone find it utterly brilliant, hilarious, exciting and scary all in one? i did
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Oooh me me! I recorded it & watched it this morning. It was fab wasn't it? I must admit I giggled a bit when Davina got bit but it didn't last long. I can't wait for the next ep.
          Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I recorded it, but probably won't get around to watching it for a few days.
            sigpic

Comment

remember it's on every night this week!!
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              Quotes!
              sigpic

Comment

I think I set it to tape all of them but now you've said that I'm not sure. I'll have to remember to check it when I get back in.

It got good reviews in the Metro.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                  I think I set it to tape all of them but now you've said that I'm not sure. I'll have to remember to check it when I get back in.

It got good reviews in the Metro.
                  i thought it was really good, very "28 days later" inspired with fast running zombies, but with some very funny humour mostly revolving round the housemates and the nasty producer
                  Spoiler:
                  ie, hiding in the disabled toilet after pushing a wheelchair guy into an oncoming zombie, then later escaping by walking round the wheelchair zombie who hasnt worked out how to use the wheelchair yet, then running away from zombified davina lol!!
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

I forgot to watch it, was watching Most Haunted Live.

Comment

i used to watch most haunted, kind of got bored of it after a while, i thought they normally do it halloween weekend
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      Quotes!
                      sigpic

Comment

Do they still have Derek on most haunted, or has he left? He was brilliant; I remember one time he pretended to be possessed so he could get a feel of Yvette... I'm going to have try that with women and then claim it wasn't me it was the ghost of Henry VIII.

I heard Derek and Derren Brown almost got into a punch up once...

But as for Dead Set, it was great. Well worth watching if you're a fan of the George Romero zombie films; like those it's a mixture of horror and satire. Charlie Brooker is a... genius, maybe. Although it's not like he's cured any diseases or designed a warp drive... he's a darn good writer though.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                        My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

lol, i stopped watching shortly after derek acorah left, it wasn't as funny without him,
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coutelier View Post
                            Do they still have Derek on most haunted, or has he left?
                            think he was kicked off
                            he got proven a fake
                            he was fed WRONG information and claimed to be possesed but someone who didn't exist
                            i thought he was over the top and don't trust the show to be real
                            still watch it sometimes though

so annoyed i missed dead set! as i missed the first one don't want to watch the others.
                            "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

I watch MH cos out of interest but it's fascinating, the medium bit is kinda BS imo, but they do flesh out a building out further with colourful history even if it's made up or researched online before hand.

Derek was weird, I hated his voice and his odd possessions, they say their spirit guides protects him, if he gets possessed what exactly does his spirit guide do? But I'm glad he got kicked out, after the whole "Mary loves Dick" shenanigan.

Comment

Working...
                              X