X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping - Ghost Hunters Live!

From NBCUMV:

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...ersscares.html

(Please follow the link for the complete press release.)

Next week, fans can look forward to a double-dose of Ghost Hunters. First, on Wednesday, October 29 @ 9 PM, the team investigates the USS Hornet in San Francisco with three special guests: west coast TAPS members Amy Bruni and Britt Griffith, along with Colin Ferguson, star of SCI FI's hit series Eureka.

Then, on Halloween night, the team heads back to the historic Fort Delaware for the 3rd annual Ghost Hunters Live event, LIVE from 7pm-2am on Friday, October 31. Hosted by Josh Gates (Destination Truth) and co-hosted by Steve Valentine (SCI FI's Estate of Panic), the special will feature TAPS members from both Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International as well as special guest investigators Amanda Tapping (Sanctuary) and ECW Superstar The Miz.

Once again, SCIFI.COM will also serve as the online destination on Halloween night, offering a multilayered digital experience for fans including an exclusive, multi-camera online video feed and thermal imaging camera views, exclusive access to photos from the live event, live Q&A with the TAPS team members and the return of the "Panic Button" for web watchers to alert the team of something they are seeing live on TV.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

from hunting aliens to hunting ghosts... this could be interesting.

Comment

For Canadian fans, Space will be showing the GH show that features Amanda. It will be on Friday night.

Checked the Space website. It airs at 6 Central and 7 Eastern.
      Last edited by EH-T; 25 October 2008, 08:00 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yikes!

Will Ferguson and Tapping have to spend all night in the creepy locale??

I could never do that.

No way.
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

surrounded by a crew of 50????? why not?

and it's likely in the name of PR and pimping the show
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            For Canadian fans, Space will be showing the GH show that features Amanda. It will be on Friday night.

Oh wow, thanks so much .

Comment

Originaly posted by morjana
              From NBCUMV:

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...ersscares.html

(Please follow the link for the complete press release.)

Next week, fans can look forward to a double-dose of Ghost Hunters. First, on Wednesday, October 29 @ 9 PM, the team investigates the USS Hornet in San Francisco with three special guests: west coast TAPS members Amy Bruni and Britt Griffith, along with Colin Ferguson, star of SCI FI's hit series Eureka.

Then, on Halloween night, the team heads back to the historic Fort Delaware for the 3rd annual Ghost Hunters Live event, LIVE from 7pm-2am on Friday, October 31. Hosted by Josh Gates (Destination Truth) and co-hosted by Steve Valentine (SCI FI's Estate of Panic), the special will feature TAPS members from both Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International as well as special guest investigators Amanda Tapping (Sanctuary) and ECW Superstar The Miz.

digital experience for fans including an exclusive, multi-camera online video feed and thermal imaging camera views, exclusive access to photos from the live event, live Q&A with the TAPS team members and the return of the "Panic BOnce again, SCIFI.COM will also serve as the online destination on Halloween night, offering a multilayered utton" for web watchers to alert the team of something they are seeing live on TV.
              I was woundering will the live feed on the net be avilable to anyone within US ,Canada and other countries ? becase i would realy love to watch it the reason i'm asking is evan watching Sanctuary i can only acces varouis things i have to watch trailer and that on youtube .
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                I was woundering will the live feed on the net be avilable to anyone within US ,Canada and other countries ? becase i would realy love to watch it the reason i'm asking is evan watching Sanctuary i can only acces varouis things i have to watch trailer and that on youtube .
                OK, here's the schedule for next week, you'll see Amanda's name in there as a guest, and that she'll be joining the hunt .

Space Schedule

Comment

Awesome!
                  sigpic

Comment

From SciFi.com's e-mail newsletter week Oct. 26 '08:

NEW THIS WEEK

Ghost Hunters Live!

Friday (Halloween), beginning at 7/6C.

As TAPS prowls Fort Delaware LIVE for 7 hours will they find tricks or treats? Josh Gates and Steve Valentine host, with special guest Amanda Tapping.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Amanda Tapping - Monsters & Critics: Ghost Hunters Live :

At Monsters & Critics:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

'Ghost Hunters' interview: Sci Fi's live Halloween show Friday night

By April MacIntyre Oct 28, 2008, 0:09 GMT

Sci Fi series, "Ghost Hunters" takes us along on adventures with a dedicated team of Rhode Island plumbers who moonlight as real paranormal investigators by night.

The group of real-life researchers investigate haunted houses, churches, schools and hotels throughout the country, encountering every type of unexplained presence and haunting.

Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson are real plumbers by trade, and head up TAPS — The Atlantic Paranormal Society — a group of ordinary people who have dedicated themselves to validating or de-bunking what goes bump in the night in your home.

Now Grant and Jason return for their third annual Ghost Hunters live event this Halloween. It will begin at 7:00 pm et and go for seven hours live on Halloween night, October 31, this Friday evening.

The seven-hour event will be an interactive one for Sci Fi viewers. Not only can viewers tune into Sci Fi to see the events unfolding on-screen, they can also log into Sci Fi’s web site for thermal imaging camera footage, exclusive question and answer sessions and a chat room to alert the team if they spot any ghosts during the live event.

In September, Monsters and Critics had a chance to catch up with Jason and Grant at the historic Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado for a three-day ghost hunt.

It was there that Sci Fi Channel hosted a weekend of news conferences for digital press to promote its slate of reality programming, including "CHA$E," "Estate of Panic," "Scare Tactics" and "Destination Truth," as well as "Sanctuary," starring Amanda Tapping, who joined us for the hunt.

**snippage**

What will we see over the course of that long time on the air live?

Jason Hawes: We’re going to head around. We have ‘Sanctuary’ star Amanda Tapping with us, the rest of the TAPS guys, some of our close friends from GHI, Ghost Hunters International.

I think it’s just a really interesting location and a lot of ground to cover. So I think it’s going to be a good night.

Whether we catch something or not, it’s just going to be a wild night.

Grant Wilson: I think it’s going to be an interesting location because it is on an island so we have to barge everything over there. So once we’re there we can be completely uninterrupted.

There’s no chance of any kind of contamination or anything like that. But as far as how we’re going to spend the time, I don’t know, maybe we’ll play some cards. I don’t know. We’ll see.

Jason Hawes: I believe a part of the episode the first hour -- because it’s a total of seven hours long -- I think they’re going to show what it took to make this happen, be able to get in there and do this live show.

SCI FI is going to show how much chaos trying to get the actual trailers over to the island and everything else. So that should be interesting.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

At ACED Magazine: This Week on TV

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

This Week on TV

ACED Bloggers - Television Blog

Written by Jenna Bensoussan
                        Monday, 27 October 2008

**snippage**

Friday is Halloween!!! SCI FI will host a special LIVE Ghost Hunt, hosted by Josh Gates (Destination Truth) and Steve Valentine, with the famous spook spotting duo, along with actress Amanda Tapping (Sanctuary, Stargate SG1). The team will return to Fort Delaware once again for this haunted holiday.

Commonly referred to as the "Black Hole", Fort Delaware was used during the Civil War as a POW camp that housed over 33,000 Confederate soldiers. Ravaged by epidemics and torture nearly 2,400 failed to escape and died on the island. The restless spirits have never left.

Join the exclusive seven-hour hunt from home with access to thermal imaging camera feeds and live Q&A with TAPS team members. Watch carefully for anything out of the ordinary — you'll be able to send instant alerts of any sightings you make straight to the Ghost Hunters!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Cool thank's morjana
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I love AT and most everything she is in. It's the program I have problems with. And I think it's the whole "Blair Witch" effect that bores me. This type of effect is just so phony to me. If there is anything to this whole ghost thing, why would they need these kinds of effects to help it appear scary? To me it seems completely staged from start to finish. It's about as real as wrestling. And to me that's about a phony as you get.

So I'd like to know what the draw is for this kind of program for others?

Thanks,

~Dave

Comment

What does TAPS stand for?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X