They should name it Below scifi

Below Scifi as in
      ratings
      budget productions
      standards
      the bar
      20 other networks I'd rather watch

Comment

if they poured all the money they wasted into those absolutely pathetic and awful C-movies (not even worthy of B-movie status), maybe they could do some more advertising and put money into the shows that do draw crowds and ratings (NOT GHOST HUNTERS)

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          if they poured all the money they wasted into those absolutely pathetic and awful C-movies (not even worthy of B-movie status), maybe they could do some more advertising and put money into the shows that do draw crowds and ratings (NOT GHOST HUNTERS)
          I couldn't agree with you more, my friend.

As for a possible name change, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. As of late, they have been airing more and more non-sci-fi programs. Way too many for me.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

yeah i am till wondering how wrestling ended up on sci-fi.

you know. it all doesn't have to be original programming either.
            people EAT UP syndication.
            bring back older shows, bring back all the star treks, knightrider, airworlf, stargates, X-FILES, futurama, quantum leap, etc etc, that you can run in synidcation. people will watch. and run your original programming during primetime as per usual,

but for the love of god advertise EQUALLY.

I'll tell ya, i see 1 ad for Atlantis all week, maybe 3 or 4 for galactica when it's on - 2 for eureka, and 6,000,000,000 for Ghost Hunters (STUPID SHOW), and 9932084932893457457348957489573249857430958740 for their retarded "original movies"

there's plenty of sci-fi out there to fill the gaps. between random movie presentation (real movies, not the junk Sci-Fi makes), syndicated shows, and new shows, they could easily fill their slots.
            also not to mention that "SEASONS" of a show should be NO LESS THAN 24 EPISODES.
            no more of them 10 - 13 episode bullsh-

god, i swear, i have 0 experience in this business, but i bet i could successfully run a network without a sweat.

Comment

Alas, gotta admit I don't really care. I'd be happier if the SG repeats went to USA Network (Sanctuary and Eureka too) and then they can fill Skiffy with ghost hunter clones galore.

Comment

i dont really get the need for this change, beyond what?

beyond ****?
                beyond stupidity?
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

uhhhh.....no. that's dumb.
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

Sci Fi consistently improve in the ratings department, and consistently prove they know what they're doing. They may not make the decisions we'd like them to, but they run their business well no matter what anyone says.

Comment

sci-fi is just nbc's beaten redheaded stepchild. they keep it around, but don't really care enough about it to really make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Sci Fi consistently improve in the ratings department, and consistently prove they know what they're doing. They may not make the decisions we'd like them to, but they run their business well no matter what anyone says.
                        yeah, but it woud be dumb to change the name.
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                          yeah, but it woud be dumb to change the name.
                          Why? You don't think the name Sci Fi might put a lot of people off?

Comment

Some of you hammer the scifi channel as lame, stupid, horrible blah blah blah. They saved Stargate from being shelved by Showtime, they brought us Eureka and Atlantis, not to mention Sanctuary and new Dr. Who episodes. Sure they show some pretty crappy movies and sometimes have a bomb show (which Network doesn't), but life without the scifi channel would suck. Show some appreciation.
                            The USS Defiant Rocks!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

The idiots over there must be on crack. Just plain stupid to change the name. Especially to a stupid name.
                              My Story:
                              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Working...
                              X