Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Day the Wratih Kissed their corpse white behinds goodbye...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day the Wratih Kissed their corpse white behinds goodbye...

Imagine...Atlantis, 3 ZPMs with a half dozen to spare, Full shields, a full compliment of drones, and easy replenished, thanks to the Asgard replicator technology on Odyssey, 4 304s armed to the teeth with Asgard weapons and sensors, each with a full compliment of 302s...

Now Imagine them in space, taking the fight to the Wraith, the destruction of the cloning facilities, the fast and easy protection of every human planet on the grid. Especially now with all the chaos, dont you think Atlantis belongs in space, a moving base of operations, able to leave if the battle is too hot, to regroup. We all know the writers dont want that, I just want to hear what you guys think, what you think might come out of Atlantis becoming a true force to recon with, the way it should have been when the Ancients were still in the city.
    "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
    "Yes, I was there."
    "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
    "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
    "No I was chus wondring"
    "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

would have to find the technology or facilities that would have to still be functional to make those extra ZPMs...

Comment

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
      would have to find the technology or facilities that would have to still be functional to make those extra ZPMs...
      And if they did, Imagine, but I was thinking more along the lines of finding them elsewhere in the PG. Wouldnt that be a site though, fully functional city with Asgard weaponry guarding your every move?
      "Yes, I was there."
      "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
      "No I was chus wondring"

Comment

would be cool. ask a fan fic writer to write it out as a preliminary idea to check if anyone likes it then go from there. although i would rather have an Asuran's city ship rather than an Ancients frankly they have been quoted to have been more advanced than the ancients (reffering to city ships not the race in general)
        sigpic

Comment

I think the humans on the show have enough unjustified over the top technological advantages against their opposition, and that adding more is hardly going to make the show better or more interesting.

Comment

Ouroboros has got, I think. Whilst being able to level the Wraith would, in reality, be handy, its not entertaining. I, personally, find asgard beams too much.

"Oh, look, we have the best weapons humanity can muster, but we can't put a dent in the enemy. Oh, wait, we now have the best weapons ANYONE can muster, and now we are invincible. no more fun space battles, because three shots and *boom* we win"
            That don't entertain me. Whilst I have never liked the idea of 'untouchable' aliens (eg Daleks, War of the Worlds, etc), I like the idea that whilst we can take them on, its a bloody tough scrap. Ori ships that can't be beat until u get the most horrible asgard weapons ever? Noooooo

Now, the 3 ZPM idea, I agree with. Atlantis not in a constant state of panic because they can't do sweet FA gets tired after 4 series.
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

The Daleks are made untouchable because they are, it's part of the thing, it's kinda logical.

The Tau'ri? It's just pure fan wank.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

we have the tech from the asgard, not tech of the ancients. that tech would be uber.

it has been demonstrated that ancient shields are much better than asgard, partially probably due to ZPMs.

Comment

You'd have to have some sort of computer to continually update the gate such that a gate can be called at anytime when in space. That's my only downside, Stargate is about people who go through a gate, I have no problem watching special effects of drones ripping enemies to shreds, but I think having a ship go through space to wherever they needed it would kinda defeat the purpose of adventuring when if you need something you walk 100 feet to the base of the landed Atlantis to pick it up.

Comment

a true force to be reckoned with or a tyranical despot with power that no one can stand up to them

"power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
                    Well kick an ancient up the backside because the only good thing ever to come out of an ancient is Life Force- May the Life Force be with you

Comment

Originally posted by ASAKATA View Post
                      Imagine...Atlantis, 3 ZPMs with a half dozen to spare, Full shields, a full compliment of drones, and easy replenished, thanks to the Asgard replicator technology on Odyssey, 4 304s armed to the teeth with Asgard weapons and sensors, each with a full compliment of 302s...

Now Imagine them in space, taking the fight to the Wraith, the destruction of the cloning facilities, the fast and easy protection of every human planet on the grid. Especially now with all the chaos, dont you think Atlantis belongs in space, a moving base of operations, able to leave if the battle is too hot, to regroup. We all know the writers dont want that, I just want to hear what you guys think, what you think might come out of Atlantis becoming a true force to recon with, the way it should have been when the Ancients were still in the city.
                      I think this would be cool to see, maybe in the Atlantis movie, or Enemy At The Gate the team finds an Ancient stock pile of drones and ZPMs.
                      What about a dead secret ship yard or construction facility that the Ancients thought was destroyed in their war with the Wraith that has a couple of untouched Auroras or some other brand new Ancient ships designed to take advantage of the so called 'weakness' in the Wraith's technology that was mentioned in Aurora.
                      It could've original been near an Ancient colony that was culled during the war and the Ancients were forced to abandon it as it's location was compromised by the Wraith before they were able to completely finish their new ships.
                      Apart from (Spoils Of War spoilers)
                      Spoiler:
                      the Wraith cloning facility(s)
                      losing this could've been a deciding factor for them to leave the Pegasus galaxy.

It would be sweet to see a huge armada of Wraith ships take on Atlantis and our ships in space.
                      Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 26 October 2008, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                        I think this would be cool to see, maybe in the Atlantis movie, or Enemy At The Gate the team finds an Ancient stock pile of drones and ZPMs.
                        What about a dead secret ship yard or construction facility that the Ancients thought was destroyed in their war with the Wraith that has a couple of untouched Auroras or some other brand new Ancient ships designed to take advantage of the so called 'weakness' in the Wraith's technology that was mentioned in Aurora.
                        It could've original been near an Ancient colony that was culled during the war and the Ancients were forced to abandon it as it's location was compromised by the Wraith before they were able to completely finish their new ships.
                        Apart from (Spoils Of War spoilers)
                        Spoiler:
                        the Wraith cloning facility(s)
                        losing this could've been a deciding factor for them to leave the Pegasus galaxy.

It would be sweet to see a huge armada of Wraith ships take on Atlantis and our ships in space.
                        Exactly, the Wraith still have somewhat of an advantage. We want them to group up and unite, easier to take them all out in one huge battle the likes of which have not been seen in 3 galaxies, the end all. We offered to help them find an alternative to their need to feed, now its not an option, take it or die, no more humans will die to feed your vile need for immortality
                        "Yes, I was there."
                        "No I was chus wondring"

Comment

Exactly, the Wraith still have somewhat of an advantage. We want them to group up and unite, easier to take them all out in one huge battle the likes of which have not been seen in 3 galaxies, the end all. We offered to help them find an alternative to their need to feed, now its not an option, take it or die, no more humans will die to feed your vile need for immortality
                          That would be so sweet.
                          We say "Lock and load you damn sons of b*****s, oh and by the way you're gonna die" to the Wraith.
                          We could hand some Auroras over to the Travelers, with loads of drones and power them off of ZPMs as well as our ships.
                          Even with 50 Hives and 150 Cruisers against our 4 304s (powered off of ZPMs), a few Ancient ships (newbies that look like the Ancient city ships architecture with their beam weapons that are just raw power) also with ZPMs (2 a piece for that extra bit of kick) and drones, not forgetting those 2 Traveler's Auroras (we give them to them just to seal the deal of them becoming our true allies in the Pegasus galaxy ) and a ZPM a piece would annihilate the Wraith.

Don't forget Atlantis fully kitted out with some independently powered Asgard plasma beam weapons on each of the towers, piers and belly of the city ship.
                          Full complements of drones and a means to instantly make more (say we've built them virtually in a few Asgard cores around the city and use matter converters to just beam more out if we get low during the battle ) and a dozen spare ZPMs along with the 3 brand new ones we found in the Ancient ship yard/construction facility.

That would absolutely rock for a finally.

I don't wanna forget Todd and his friends (potential spoilers for Enemy At The Gate I hope )
                          Spoiler:
                          just to define how I think a Wraith presence could remain in Pegasus after Enemy At The Gate:
                          Todd convinces a group of new queens to become members and the new figure heads of his Alliance (thus removing Teyla from the equation and putting the power back in the hands of the Wraith, plus they still need a way to breed and maintain their population) and they no longer want things to remain as they have for the last 10,000 years, if they do then the queens (for sure, not a as a ruse, well maybe one them wants all the power for herself, just to make things a bit more interesting) the Wraith are heading for extinction, but through taking Keller's treatment they keep all of their super powers, but don't need to feed off of humans any more.
                          After taking the treatment they decide to unite as a peaceful coalition that will isolate themselves from the rest of the Galaxy in a remote location and build a new society of Wraith.
                          Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 26 October 2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Not going to lie, this scenario playing out on the big screen would probably cause me to cry tears of joy and it may even cause inappropriate excretions in my pants. I would worship Stargate forever.......amen. lol
                            "Yes, I was there."
                            "No I was chus wondring"

Comment

Not going to lie, this scenario playing out on the big screen would probably cause me to cry tears of joy and it may even cause inappropriate excretions in my pants. I would worship Stargate forever.......amen. lol
                              I'd be right there with you, (doing the same thing as you at least if I got to see this ).
                              Can you imagine if MGM gave a movie based on this like a 30 million dollar budget (which I think is about the standard price of a basic Hollywood movie) the current team could do soooo much with that much dough.
                              It'd have to be a cinema release first for sure.
                              Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 26 October 2008, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X