This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anne McCaffrey Fandom

The official website, annemccaffrey.org, is closing down its live chat and bulletin board functions on 15 Dec. 04. If you want to stay in touch with fellow AM fans, alternate sites are listed at
    http://forum.annemccaffrey.org/showt...threadid=20586

Gilder
    *McCaffrey fan for over 30 years*
    Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Originally posted by Gilder
    The official website, annemccaffrey.org, is closing down its live chat and bulletin board functions on 15 Dec. 04. If you want to stay in touch with fellow AM fans, alternate sites are listed at
    http://forum.annemccaffrey.org/showt...threadid=20586

Gilder
    *McCaffrey fan for over 30 years*
    Any idea why they're doing it? I'm not a big fan of hers (I tend to get annoyed at the fact that many of her books read (to me) like a harlequin romance in places, with the sf elements thrown in just for fun), but she's been one of the major contributors to the field for quite some time. Is it just that her webmaster is getting tired of running things?
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I love Anne's books but it just annoyed me that we can have any fanfiction posted online on her books and that bboard roleplay isn't allowed either. I lost a lot of great Dragonriders of Pern fics when she got ff.net to erase all the fics. I'm still pissed off at her for it.
      Ah, well..."the kitchen table" wasn't any good anyway, the crowd wasn't half as fun the people here and many were pretty stuck up IMO.

Still, I've read practically all her books. They are pretty good. All the Pern books, the Talents series, the Freedom series (my fave series), Nimisha's ship (my fave book)...
      I used to RP Pern a lot. Was Weyrwoman on several and queen rider more often than not (Queens are my fave, can't you tell I love how they can me so egotistical sometimes It's cute).
      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
      X