Episodes not as good as they used to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episodes not as good as they used to be

Anyone else noticed the episodes are a bit... uninteresting lately I mean i was shocked with the lost tribe and a bit surprised with Rainbow sun francks appearing in Search and rescue but the rest have been rather ya know...boring the first half hasnt done it for me!I am hoping that the second half is good and it does look good i hope it doesnt dissapoint
    Tst

That's one opinion.

Plenty other people think they've been better than before. Like me.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

As things stand, season 5 looks set to replace season 4 as my favourite season, so I'd have to disagree.

Comment

I can't say that season 5 has been 'stellar,' for lack of a better word. If I find myself rewatching any episode, it's "Search & Rescue," but otherwise, I am hoping the second half of the season surprises.

Comment

So far this has been the best season by a long way IMO
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            Anyone else noticed the episodes are a bit... uninteresting lately I mean i was shocked with the lost tribe and a bit surprised with Rainbow sun francks appearing in Search and rescue but the rest have been rather ya know...boring the first half hasnt done it for me!I am hoping that the second half is good and it does look good i hope it doesnt dissapoint
            Sadly, I have to agree.

For the first eight years I read complains about SG1 that I didn't shared.

Regarding SGA however, I was forced to concur with most complainers that season 4 has the biggest ammount of terribly bad, boring, pointless episodes ever. IMO! For what I've read, season 5 follows the same trend so, I don't have much hope about it.

Comment

NS Sherlock? SGA Season 5 is a master class in how to write a show into cancellation. 75% of the episodes rank as the worst ever shows in the Stargate universe.
              sigpic

Comment

For me the series jumped the shark, nuked the fridge and beyond boring to utterly ridicules and eyeball rolling. I have been completely turned off from the series by the 3 way triangle which did nothing but make Ronon look like a total moron.

I did enjoy seeing RSF and the the identities of the lost tribe but found the context a bit out of whack. There was little follow through with the tribe, I mean we didn't even get the leader's name.

The series has also been riddled with a few major plot holes, like where the world is Col. Caldwell?

I find Sheppard even less appealing and when tptb tried to make him "darker." It was done in such a way the character came across as unstable IMO. After 5 years we still know very little about the main character. Or is Rodney the main character now? Or Keller?

The series also lacked showing emotion in general, unless it's McKay's emotions or Keller who is all over the spectrum. No grieving period for lost comrades (not to mention means of death reduced to laughable--exploding tumors!), the city is ALWAYS saved by Rodney in the end.

Yep, I find it kind of boring. However, talking about it very interesting.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

On the whole, I think they have been much better.
                  You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Season 5 in a nutshell..

Spoiler:
                    Season 5 Intro

The rescue of Teyla with a surprise cameo by Ford in Sheppard's dream adding to his character the guilt of losing friends. Pretty powerful stuff.

Introduction of Richard Woolsey

as base commander. Well Weir is still my favorite but Woolsey runs circles around Carter, imo. This coming from a huge Sam Carter fan!! Woolsey has added so much more to the leadership role, he has the comic relief, the drama, and he is far from boring.

Return of Carson Beckett

Who has developed so well even for being a clone. Carson has continued his passion to help others but had grown a tad darker when he took the life from some of Michael's guards to try and save Teyla and recently killed a Wraith but took great risk in his life to try and save others.

Dynamic episodes

like "Daedalus Variations" and "The Queen" kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next.

Power Character eps

that proves to me that these characters are NOT 2D and far from it. We had eps like Broken Ties, Ghost in the Machine, The Shrine, The Queen, and most recently "Outsiders" which showed how this show can be charcter driven and not only story/plot driven.

In Todd we Trust

Todd F****** Rocks! Case closed on that!

An Epic 2 part episode

Action, drama, suspense,mystery, adventure, Sci Fi,and comic relief all in the 2-part episode. Can you ask for anything more?

Also, Continuing NOT rehashing a story arc where SG-1 left off. One of my favorite races returns but in a darker tone. I am still shocked at the revelation.

This Season has continued many story arcs and has created more opportunities for future story arc. You still have Michael out there, we found out what the Wraith have been up to since the Post-Michael outbreak of the Hoffen Drug, there are rogue Asgard out in the galaxy now, who would of guessed, plus Todd is being Todd, who knows what will happen with that little alliance which has gone kinda sour. We've also seen the characters grown and have seen some classic Stargate Atlantis character moments. We have seen long time friends say good-bye once again. What will the remaining 8 episodes have to offer? We shall see.

I cannot think what anyone else could want in this show??? Character moments, Action, Comic Relief, Science Fiction themes, Adventure, Suspense, mystery, and great Special Effects? Am I missing something? No, I am not, I see it all and am loving this season.

the above post has been approved by Briangate78.
                    Last edited by Briangate78; 21 October 2008, 06:27 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

i have to some what agree with you i've been re-watching the early days and i do find those eps more exicting and tend to stay in the back of my mind more then the recent seasons.

i still like the show and all but i did enjoy the orignal cast and the dynamic
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i have to some what agree with you i've been re-watching the early days and i do find those eps more exicting and tend to stay in the back of my mind more then the recent seasons.

i still like the show and all but i did enjoy the orignal cast and the dynamic
                        Problem was, Season one was great. But Season 2, imo lost a lot of steam. I actually like Ronon better, so it wasn't him. I just felt the spark from Season one was not as strong in Season 2. When Season 3 came along I was like wow, the show got better. Then Season 4 had so much excitement it became my favorite season. The Weir and Carson eps for an example in Season 4 were just done so well. Season 5 still has to prove itself before becoming my favorite.
                        sigpic

Comment

S4 and S5 brought some life back life to the stale Atlantis of S2 and S3.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

This season's episodes have been a big step up from previous seasons, IMO. The best has probably been The Shrine.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

well there is one think that is missing they seem to have stop making episode that they just go offworld and explore, there is one and one but that was what made stargate, stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X