Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can BC 304 manually fire railgun outside the bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can BC 304 manually fire railgun outside the bridge?

First Tribe spoiler
    Spoiler:
    When Ronnon damage a few computer , Daedulas lost all weapon system, Asgard beam ,Railgun ,Missile

The Missile require radar tracking and fire control ,and computer system, and Asgard beam require more coputer power .I understand that.

But Rail Gun, i remember the Rail gun that were send to Atlantis , it was going to use in the refit of Prometheus.It look like a mini Artillery cannon gun.

If the bridge is damage, somebody must be still able to manually fire the smaller railguns.
    Like Goa'uld staff cannon , it can remove from glider and fire like manually by hand.

Many Earth's destoryer has artillery gun , it doesn't require the bridge to control the gun , people are station on other gun batteries place and fire during the battle.

Like Star War,Millennium Falcon it has gun station , it can be manually fire by a person

If he knocked out the power array for the weaponry then they would not be able to fire them, plus there is also the fact they are on the hull of the ship and so not able to be reached without a space walk to manually fire them. Then there is also that they are motorised and to manually fire them it probably took a bit of reconfiguring.

Comment

I suppose you can reroute a railgun sensors to a computer terminal.

I think they were doing that during the "Daedalus Variations". Thats why they missed a lot with the railguns.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
        First Tribe spoiler
        Spoiler:
        When Ronnon damage a few computer , Daedulas lost all weapon system, Asgard beam ,Railgun ,Missile

The Missile require radar tracking and fire control ,and computer system, and Asgard beam require more coputer power .I understand that.

But Rail Gun, i remember the Rail gun that were send to Atlantis , it was going to use in the refit of Prometheus.It look like a mini Artillery cannon gun.

If the bridge is damage, somebody must be still able to manually fire the smaller railguns.
        Like Goa'uld staff cannon , it can remove from glider and fire like manually by hand.

Many Earth's destoryer has artillery gun , it doesn't require the bridge to control the gun , people are station on other gun batteries place and fire during the battle.

Like Star War,Millennium Falcon it has gun station , it can be manually fire by a person

those ones from the siege were mounted so that they could be fired from the ground. the ones on the ships are designed to be controlled by the computer and opperator so they would not have the same manual controls.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Nope, it would not be very useful, someone could end up shooting one of our own ship by accident. Computers are much more effective and flawless. Also if we had gunners, they would be at risk when firing the railguns, if possible without entering the vacuum of space.

Comment

computers are far from flawless and you could fire the gun from anywhere as long as you have a connection to the on site computer (like a sentry gun)
            And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Well yes, but you would be either in space and vulnerable. And a computer isn't completly flawless but can be set not to fire when an allied ship is in the line of fire, while humans might fire accidently.

Comment

why not use advanced interfaces tied only and wirelessly to the railguns. pick a target to attack, and railguns which can fire at it fire

Comment

Working...
                X