Asgard-Replicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard-Replicator

well, i was thinking. the asgards were suffering from a degenerative condition that ultimately led to their destruction. well, since when the asgards conciousnesses are transfered from one body to another they are put into the computer, then why not just instead of using cloned biological bodies, just upload their conciosnesses into a body made out of replicators? i mean the form of replicators could most likely be manipulated so that if they wanted to, they could continue to look like asgards, or they can take human form if they chose to. i mean basically, the replicator mind is a really big computer and it would be more than capable of holding the asgards complete conciousness and then some. plus, since the asgards mind would be in controll of the body, theres no possibility of the replicators going wacko and doing anything bad. this would also allow them to keep their measure of immortality and give them all the time they need to solve their genetic problem and then if they chose to, return to the use of biological bodies, or just stay in the replicated ones forever.

what do you think?
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

I think the asgard were capable of creating a robot body of their own since they studied Reece's dead robot body. Then from the game coming out, with the drones.

But I think you meant nanite replicators, and not the block replicators.

I think it would be totally against what the Asgard would of wanted since they spent a long drawn out war that decimated their race.
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
      I think the asgard were capable of creating a robot body of their own since they studied Reece's dead robot body. Then from the game coming out, with the drones.

But I think you meant nanite replicators, and not the block replicators.

I think it would be totally against what the Asgard would of wanted since they spent a long drawn out war that decimated their race.

yes, i meant the nanite replicators.

and if it meant living longer to find a cure to their problem and then going back to the way things were(biological bodies) then i dont think they would have cared all that much. i mean sure, they had a war with the replicators but it would be like creating a fran, without the artificial conciousness and using themselves as the conciousness. basically what weir did in ghost in the machine. i really dont see why they would rather die than create artificial bodies to use temporarily untill they fix their old ones.

just because nanite technology fought against the asgards isint really a reason to just never use the technology, i mean it is amazing technology and they wouldnt actually be creating replicators, just more like artificial bodies made out of nanites to use untill they fix their old ones. the bodies wont have any control at all the asgard conciousness will assume total control. and they wont be able to replicate hence why they wont really be "replicators".
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Tell me that was a joke the Asgard spent years trying to kill the Replicators, why for the love of god would they turn themselves into them. The only time there has been a benefit from a Replicator was Fran.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

I'd say that they probably thought about that when they learned more about the Replicators : surely someone saw the sheer advantage that even the block-based bugs had over them and talked about the possibility of uploading a consciousnness in it and try to control them (or at least spy on them and try to refrain them long enough).

But IMHO, whoever said that would be considered as a potential security risk because I suppose the Asgard knew also about the subspace link between the nanites/bocks. So nothing can guarantee that the uploaded Asgard mind could retain enough control over the bugs. It would be like having thousand of virus/malware/ trojan and so on infesting your computer. And if he fails to resist, they would have access to more than simple technology...

Nevertheless, I think that now that the Replicators numbers have been significantly reduced, there is less risk of the collective taking over a single mind. So maybe worth the risk...
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

the asgard are dead. they were happy to die. they had peace with it. they were satisfied it was THEIR descision to die, and not because of some other race. what does it matter, in the end, there's never enough time. and getting extra time was what took the solution from them. and the possibility of ascension. they died with dignity. and lived for hundreds of years, if not thousands. they are clones of clones of clones going back so many generations, for them death doesnt matter. we're always buisy surviving. but old people dont care anymore. they arent afraid of death, embrace their death, are happy with it. why is it treated like something horrible?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              why is it treated like something horrible?
              for the sake of discussion...
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                Tell me that was a joke the Asgard spent years trying to kill the Replicators, why for the love of god would they turn themselves into them. The only time there has been a benefit from a Replicator was Fran.

they wouldnt really be replicators. for all intensive purposes it would be just like what wier did. she used the machine to make a nanite body, and then uploaded her conciousness into the body. she had total control of the body. why is it that people only see mean evil replicators that do notheing but cause destruction. these bodies would not have the ability to self replicate and if the asgard conciousness ever left the body it would destabalize and turn into dust. replicators in the tradtional sense have artificial conciousnesses which these bodies wont have. all they will be able to do is hold the form their programed to do. thats it. the asgard conciousness controlls everything, just like the the artificial one would if they had been programmed to have one but they wont be.

essientally all they would be doing is using an artificial body composed of nanites untill they can fix their biological ones. i really dont see the problem.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

its not because replicators are dangerous. its because they are replicators. its like transferring your consciousness to hitlers body.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    its not because replicators are dangerous. its because they are replicators. its like transferring your consciousness to hitlers body.

they wont be replicators. they will just make new bodys that look exactly like their old one, but instead of them being biological, they would be made of nanites. the replicators are replicators because they have artificial conciousnesses, these nanites wont have them. they will just have basic instructions like" hold this form " thats it. the asgard conciouness will control every thing else.

and if you are still to inept to see what im trying to explain then heres another possibility.

why didint they just make really advanced androids that look like asgards and transfer their conciousnesses into them?
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Well the technology hasn't been that dangerous at all, when the right person is in control. Let's face it, Niam and his group (except Koracen) were quite peaceful and were in control, untill Oberoth and the others changed Niam. Niam didn't want to kill and peacefully achieve his peaceful goal. Only because there are some bad examples with flaws , it doesn't mean the tech is not useful. I think the Asgard should have done it. It is just the way you look at the technology. Same goes for the Dakara device, for some a weapon for others a device of creation.

Comment

Working...
                      X