Using Replicators to build everything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Replicators to build everything?

If we just took a bunch of replicators from that replicator manufacturing machine, and did a basic programming allowing it to build other objects, could we potentially use that to manufacture ships or ZPMs? Currently we have no clue how the Ancients made ZPMs, so it could be possible replicators could be used to build it. Yes, no?

Originally posted by cegrocks View Post
    If we just took a bunch of replicators from that replicator manufacturing machine, and did a basic programming allowing it to build other objects, could we potentially use that to manufacture ships or ZPMs? Currently we have no clue how the Ancients made ZPMs, so it could be possible replicators could be used to build it. Yes, no?

no. replicators are too dangerous to be used and hopefully the people in stargate have learned that.

plus, making a zpm requires more than just making the physical zpm casing. i mean the asgard core could do that but since a zpm draws its power from a self contained pocket of subspace time untill that pocket is depleted of energy to extractand is depleted, you cant just make a zpm. its got to undergo some sort of special process where its filled with the pocket of subspace, and with out that pocket, its just a useless hunk of crystal like material.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Sure why not, it is just the programming that was wrong about them. If we had a programm like Niam, before the other reset him, we would have no problem.

Comment

Or Dr Weir?????

This links nicely with my Would you become an Asuran Thread, the Asurans were obviously capable of making ZPM's and reconstructing very quickly after 6 MKIX's were dropped on them. Humans who become Replicators are the best kind of Replicator cuz were understand humans cuz they used to be them. I wonder why the Asgard never went down that route after the Replicator War-Before anyone say yeah but they were enemies, well those replicators had only one goal-to replicate while the Asurans had way different goals. The Asgard should have at least considered it!

Back to topic the Asurans had early Wraith war Lantean tech and were able to build at an incredible rate.

Comment

Why would humans who become Replicators be the best. If a terrorist like Bin Laden or Bush would become one, I rather prefere Niam or any of it's group

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            no. replicators are too dangerous to be used and hopefully the people in stargate have learned that.

plus, making a zpm requires more than just making the physical zpm casing. i mean the asgard core could do that but since a zpm draws its power from a self contained pocket of subspace time untill that pocket is depleted of energy to extractand is depleted, you cant just make a zpm. its got to undergo some sort of special process where its filled with the pocket of subspace, and with out that pocket, its just a useless hunk of crystal like material.
            i chould not agree more

Comment

Build another FRAN and ask her to make some for you

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                replacators are bad news in every way

Comment

You run the risk of having a seemingly innocent 'person' turn into an uncontrollable killer like Reece, but at least she could be killed.

Comment

It's a good idea, replicators are the peak of robotic evolution, even if we don't make real replicators, we have a lot to learn form their design, technology tha tcoudl be used to create alll sorts of things.

Comment

FRAN could do a lot of things for me....

Comment

Replicators are not bad news, they simply possess AI and use it for their survival. The replicators have an exceptionally strong sense of self-preservation and reproduction, and use any means to those ends.

Problematically, this makes them very ornery, and difficult to reprogram.
                        To be snarky is to be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post

Dirty, dirty mind-- and I like it, it makes me giggle.

Hayley
                          To be snarky is to be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post

Damn, beat me to it.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

if we could find a way to make human form replicators

if we could find a way to guarentee that there is no way to be connected to the "old" replicator network

if we could limit its function/ability by programming

then i would say go for it.

my problem is, i wouldnt trust the ability to do all 3

Comment

Working...
                              X