This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA- Basically over as of now. [SPOILERS]

I may have the shortest membership to any forum ever for posting this. I have been reading this forum, and site in general for years as a lurker.

I have enjoy most of the episodes from both SG1 & SGA.

I was very disappointed in the decision to cancel SGA (as is just about everyone except the PTB, but that is for another thread.)

I really enjoyed this week's ep, the Lost Tribe, and enjoyed seeing the Asgard back in some form, especially as a more evil version (but then, I really liked the idea of replicator Carter, and was disappointed to see that went basically nowhere.)

The week's show was a decent climax, but, looking at the rest of the shows for the remainder of the season, I must say, they all sound very sub-par.

Lets see:

Outsiders- We get to help a group who is getting kicked out of a world. Whoopie, sounds exciting.

Inquisition- We get placed on trial, probably by some low end world that we could just beam out people out of, and never care about again. whoopie.

Prodigal- Tired old Mike again. He could have been a good enemy, but he has been neutered and is lame. Unfortunately, this seems like the best show remaining, which is depressing all in itself.

Remnants- New bad guys on our world, cool! But wait, we are going to spoil it with the doofus Kolya who we should just beam into open space.

Brain Storm- sheesh, can you guys just avoid Earth? Every EP that was based around regular old earth has been so lame- trying to tie mundane elements of every day earth life into sci-fi. Let it go.

Infection- oh joy, sounds like a rip off of BSG when the base ship is infected by a old satellite. Didn't like that premise on that show either.

Identity- pull this out of the recycler of how many shows? How about a little originality.

Vegas- oh joy, lets dump the sci-fi in our sci-fi show and turn it into a CSI show.

Enemy at the gate- We get to hear from Carter (nice), but we already know they don't defeat the Wraith, as that would kill the upcoming movie, so, what do we have to look forward to?

Basically, what I am saying, is SGA has already blown it's wad, and in my opinion, the rest of the series is a must-miss.

Perhaps TPTB saw the scripts from all these shows, and decided, if this is the best they can do, time to unplug the life support.

Shame, with the new Asgard, a good incarnation of Mike, a new big-bad, perhaps even bring Replicator Carter to this universe and let her be a bad-a$$, this show could have pumped. As it is now, it's totally flat.

Just my opinion, you are welcome to yours.
    Last edited by drakba; 11 October 2008, 06:30 PM.

There is a complaints thread above.

I disagree with you and think there are some great episodes coming up in the 2nd half. I think next week's ep looks exciting, plus we have other stuff going on that looks really interesting.

Also, I would suggest you use Spoiler Tags.
    sigpic

Comment

I look forward to the rest of this season too, Brian.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by drakba View Post
        Shame, with the new Asgard, a good incarnation of Mike, a new big-bad, perhaps even bring Replicator Carter to this universe and let her be a bad-a$$, this show could have pumped. As it is now, it's totally flat.
        How would this work? RepliCarter was destroyed in Reckoning.

Comment

Personally I think every episode to come looks really good. Usually there are one or two that I don't look forward to as much, but not this time. IMO season 5 has really stood out as being the best SGA season by miles.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree with the OP, none of the spoilers for the remaining eps have made me interested enough to watch them live. I might tune in for the finale just because, but otherwise meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              I agree with the OP, none of the spoilers for the remaining eps have made me interested enough to watch them live.
              Especially Cor-Ai Revisited.

Comment

Rawr. SGA already ended at Sunday and First Strike for me. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  Especially Cor-Ai Revisited.
                  I seriously never get this? For ages, there were cries of "how come the Expedition get away with thsi? Shouldn't people be more pissed off at them?" And now we finally get an episode where they are to stand trial for their questionable actions over the past 5 years, and people are *****ing?!?

It is absolutely impossible for Stargate producers to please everyone. Absolutely impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    I seriously never get this? For ages, there were cries of "how come the Expedition get away with thsi? Shouldn't people be more pissed off at them?" And now we finally get an episode where they are to stand trial for their questionable actions over the past 5 years, and people are *****ing?!?

It is absolutely impossible for Stargate producers to please everyone. Absolutely impossible.
                    I'd like it if it weren't a rehashing of an early SG-1 episode (especially since the early SG-1 episodes weren't that great to begin with).

Comment

Thats because fandom is filled with double standards and hypocrites.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The only episodes I'm dreading are:

1.Remnants - Shouldn't Kolya be dead? How many times does he have to come back? This episode is pretty predictable with it will be a Shepard vs Kolya with one trying to outwit the other like every other episode with the two of them. It'll probably be quite predictable.

2.Identity - Yay another episode focused on Dr Keller. Like we haven't had enough of her this season.

3.Vegas - This episode sounds like a filler for somewhere mid-season and not something right at the end unless something major is revealed.

Other than the above I don't have a problem with the rest. I think it's best to wait it out before assuming it's going to suck. We might get a few surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                          I'd like it if it weren't a rehashing of an early SG-1 episode (especially since the early SG-1 episodes weren't that great to begin with).
                          Oh, yeah, because putting people on trial was practically invented in Cor-Ai...

For me, there's a few episodes that have the potential to go either way, but I'm not one to say that they definitely will...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                            Oh, yeah, because putting people on trial was practically invented in Cor-Ai...

For me, there's a few episodes that have the potential to go either way, but I'm not one to say that they definitely will...
                            So you are saying because someone is going on trial it's not original since we do that in the real world?

Anyway, getting back to the original topic. I love this show and love how the eps have become. The show has never lost my interest, well except for any of them with Lucious in them. I have been warned by my peers here not to say their name.

I think the series finale will be spectacular and we are going to get some other great eps along the way.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drakba View Post
                              I may have the shortest membership to any forum ever for posting this. I have been reading this forum, and site in general for years as a lurker.

I have enjoy most of the episodes from both SG1 & SGA.

I was very disappointed in the decision to cancel SGA (as is just about everyone except the PTB, but that is for another thread.)

I really enjoyed this week's ep, the Lost Tribe, and enjoyed seeing the Asgard back in some form, especially as a more evil version (but then, I really liked the idea of replicator Carter, and was disappointed to see that went basically nowhere.)
                              Wait RepliCarter went nowhere? Did you see Reckoning?

The week's show was a decent climax, but, looking at the rest of the shows for the remainder of the season, I must say, they all sound very sub-par.
                              I couldn't disagree more.

Lets see:

Outsiders- We get to help a group who is getting kicked out of a world. Whoopie, sounds exciting.
                              I suggest you properly understand what an ep is about before you make wild accusations. We go to help a group of people that we helped resettle to another world from being sacrificed to the Wraith. Sounds interesting to me.

Inquisition- We get placed on trial, probably by some low end world that we could just beam out people out of, and never care about again. whoopie.
                              *sigh* Ok so first people complain that no one holds Atlantis responsible for their actions and now that someone is people are still complaining? I give up.

Prodigal- Tired old Mike again. He could have been a good enemy, but he has been neutered and is lame. Unfortunately, this seems like the best show remaining, which is depressing all in itself.
                              What? Mike a lame enemy? I beg to differ. And an ep that involves him infiltrating Atlantis sounds very cool to me.

Remnants- New bad guys on our world, cool! But wait, we are going to spoil it with the doofus Kolya who we should just beam into open space.
                              Um first Koyla was one of Atlantis' best enemies and second he isn't real.

Brain Storm- sheesh, can you guys just avoid Earth? Every EP that was based around regular old earth has been so lame- trying to tie mundane elements of every day earth life into sci-fi. Let it go.
                              I disagree.

Infection- oh joy, sounds like a rip off of BSG when the base ship is infected by a old satellite. Didn't like that premise on that show either.
                              Not to me.

Identity- pull this out of the recycler of how many shows? How about a little originality.

Vegas- oh joy, lets dump the sci-fi in our sci-fi show and turn it into a CSI show.

Enemy at the gate- We get to hear from Carter (nice), but we already know they don't defeat the Wraith, as that would kill the upcoming movie, so, what do we have to look forward to?

Basically, what I am saying, is SGA has already blown it's wad, and in my opinion, the rest of the series is a must-miss.

Perhaps TPTB saw the scripts from all these shows, and decided, if this is the best they can do, time to unplug the life support.

Just my opinion, you are welcome to yours.
                              Spoiler:
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X