This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Lost Story Opportunities

Still very much upset with the cancellation of Atlantis, I was recently wondering what lost stories we now will never see. A movie will never be able to accommodate lesser more character filled moments the way a full TV series can.

One such storyline I've always wanted to see was a closer examination of the pros and cons of working within such an international expedition. What tensions would have arisen between so many different nationalities with different languages, cultures and politics? This has only very briefly been touched on by the writers to date and now probably never will be.

Another interesting viewpoint might have been a similar "Sunday"-like story but of seeing the world of Atlantis through the various support staff, ie the kitchen staff, the gate-room guards etc.

Perhaps I'll have to rely on the fanfiction medium now for such tales.

Joe Mallozzi posted a general speculatory episode list for season 6 on his blog

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-au-season-6/
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

While I share your interest in learning about the pro's and con's of an international expedition, it seems TPTB are more interested in other things. Such as sticking the team inside a hamster ball.

Trust me: at this rate, you wouldn't want to see.

Comment

I think as well that there are tonnes of story arcs that might be left hanging now with the cancellation of the show. The most recent one I think was the mention of new advanced races in the Pegasus galaxy that are now emerging after the Wraith got weakened.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
        X