this is what we need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is what we need

i was just watching duet and noticed that for the first time, they actually had a land vehical with a driver. here take a look( see images below)

well i was thinking that we should like mount some sort of plasma wepons on this thing and maybe some beaming tech and maybe a small shield and it would be a nice asset in the field for missions in atlantis where there isint eneough room to land a puddle jumper or in sg1 since they dont have any puddle jumpers. this way they could have cover in the event they are attacked. plus its better than walking long distances when the pjs cant be used or for sg1.

what do you think?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stargater1990; 05 October 2008, 04:16 PM.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    i was just watching duet and noticed that for the first time, they actually had a land vehical with a driver. here take a look see images below)

well i was thinking that we should like mount some sort of plasma wepons on this thing and maybe some beaming tech and maybe a small shield and it would be a nice asset in the field for missions in atlantis where there isint eneough room to land a puddle jumper or in sg1 since they dont have any puddle jumpers. this way they could have cover in the event they are attacked. plus its better than walking long distances when the pjs cant be used or for sg1.

what do you think?
    is it not kinda much haveing a sheild and a plasma weapon on a small ground vehical

Comment

You can't shove a weapon on everything that goes through the gate. It's a transport vehicle used for moving large objects. It'd be like bolting a .50cal to a forklift and sending it through with a small-scale tactical nuke missile launcher duct-taped to the roof.
      "You wanna run this ship?"
      "YES!"
      "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

so your saying that the x699 wouldnt be able to be mounted onto the back? or maybe a couple of them. and as for the shield, i said maybe if they could make the generator small eneough and be able to be powered by a naquada generator. i dont think thats too much. and as for the beaming tech, thats only if they ever make it small eneough but mckay was talking about making it small eneough to fit into a puddle jumper but said it would take some time and if they ever do then they can add it. and the vehical could proboly be lengthend a little to add some extra room but at the very least they could mount a few x699s on it to provide tactical support.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I'm not saying that.

I do think a good old-fashioned ground-based vehicle could be useful, but the point of the vehicle in "Duet" was to transport large objects and cargo short distances, it's not an offensive ATV nor does it really look like one. Upgrading it would change what it is, but along the same lines I always wanted to see a light-armored ground-based vehicle in Stargate SG-1; something like the Warthog from the Halo games.
          "You wanna run this ship?"
          "YES!"
          "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

Originally posted by dropstitch View Post
            I'm not saying that.

I do think a good old-fashioned ground-based vehicle could be useful, but the point of the vehicle in "Duet" was to transport large objects and cargo short distances, it's not an offensive ATV nor does it really look like one. Upgrading it would change what it is, but along the same lines I always wanted to see a light-armored ground-based vehicle in Stargate SG-1; something like the Warthog from the Halo games.

well, i dont really think it needs to be upgraded because it would work pretty well the way it is. i mean it would be designed to work with a shield and since the goauld and most likely the asgard were able to make small personel shields then it wouldnt be that much of a stretch to make one slightly bigger and power it with a naquada generator. and if its shielded then it wouldnt really need armor in the conventional sense. yes it would have to be enlarged to maybe hold an sg team but that really wouldnt be too hard. i just dont want it to be like a tank, with the team enclosed in metal but rather have a more open design protected by a shield and then have them all be able to shoot pursuers with their machine guns as well as some mounted x699s that could be used at anti aircraft wepons, or anti personel wepons if they ran outta ammo.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I think we have plenty of fire power going through the gate. So it would be a bad impression for us to go through with mini tanks and stuff to brand new worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
                I think we have plenty of fire power going through the gate. So it would be a bad impression for us to go through with mini tanks and stuff to brand new worlds.
                well i mean we send through the puddle jumpers loaded with a small arsenal plus drones so why not this vehical. plus its only for protection and defense against the wraith or any violent humans we might come across, ie the genii and their allies or the goauld or the lucian alliance or unfriendly jaffa etc. and it could always be used as a reinforcement vehical. like if our team is penned down we send through a couple flash granades to stun the enemies guarding the gate and send through the vehical and activate the shield in the time it takes for the enimies to get their sight back and rescue our team. im not saying we should use it on every mission but on some it would make things alot easier.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
                  I can just imagine a great big tank coming through the gate and everyone running away scared, then a hatch pops open and Daniel sticks his head out and yells something like "wait, we are peaceful explorers from the planet Earth"
                  sigpic

Comment

well as a war vehicle, i think a MALP with a mark I and a mini-railgun on top, or an x-699 on top, coated in ceramic polymer should be enough firepower. though we already have enough. but if you need an unmanned killing machine

Comment

The real question is: how did they get that car into the Atlantis gateroom?
                      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                        The real question is: how did they get that car into the Atlantis gateroom?
                        well it is not that big, i wonder why havend we seen more of it

Comment

there is a winch in the jumper bay its mentioned in grace under pressure

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by dropstitch View Post
                            I'm not saying that.

Exactly what i was thinking also
                            Spoiler:
                            we already have the Spartan II's and in-system jumps from Halo, why not vehicles? , Also we should put MAC guns on our ships and a Super Mac over Atlantis or 2

KEEP IT CLEAN
                            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

We should give them grappling cannons, we need them very often

Comment

Working...
                              X