Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about beaming position

Anyone know this? Has it been specifically addressed?:

There have been times when there is someone sitting in an F302 cockpit, then beamed aboard the Daedelus and they are standing. Or in Off the Grid, SG-1 is tied up and sitting down, then when the Odyssey beams them up they are standing. Yet, in and SGA episode, McKay is crouched down protecting his...uh, delicates?...and when they rematerialise he is still crouched down.

I believe one commentary said something about the beam being able to read body position, but then what specifically would happen in these two circumstances?:

1. In The Shroud, Daniel is beamed aboard while sitting in the Prior chair unconscious. Well, you wouldn't want the beam to rematerialise him in a standing position, or he would fall over to the floor.

2. Also in Search and Rescue
    Spoiler:
    You wouldn't want Sheppard beamed up standing when he is severely injured.

Perhaps this is one of those things that's left up to the audience to decide. - Just like why people and objects out-of-phase can walk through walls but don't fall through the floor.
    "You wanna run this ship?"
    "YES!"
    "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

Perhaps they can make them do funny poses When they beam them. It's necessary to be able to change a persons direction when beaming them, since a ship could be in orbit upside down (relative to the planet) which could cause a few injuries. Ahh, what's my point... Umm, it appears to be possible to manipulate a body while beaming it.
      Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense cause it would be extremly bad to not be able to change body positions and stuff.

Comment

well there are a lot of situations where this happens and i have to say the asgard would have made somthing like this considering they were able to make a matter converter....
          and the matter converter works in a similar way so if you can move atoms around it wouldn't be that hard
          "The chinese government does not believe in hiding secrets from it's people"

Comment

Working...
          X