Could the Attero device affect MW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Attero device affect MW?

Tried to find if anyone else mentioned this and couldnt find anything so sorry if someone has. But did they mention attero would only affect Pegasus galaxy? All I can remember them saying basically is it's supposed to destroy wraith hyperdrives but than but it also makes any stargates activating to blow up. So what do people think, is it possible stargates could start blowing up in Milky Way Galaxy by them turning on the Attero device in the Pegasus Galaxy?

Doubtful, that would mean the thing had one enormous range, and I can't see that happening.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

that range would be too much. it already used tons of power, exceeding ZPM's. to do that, it would be many trillions time more [inverse square law. to double the range, you'd need exponentially more energy].

so the energy requirements would barely be met by an arcturus device

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        that range would be too much. it already used tons of power, exceeding ZPM's. to do that, it would be many trillions time more [inverse square law. to double the range, you'd need exponentially more energy].

so the energy requirements would barely be met by an arcturus device
        Wasn't the whole point of an Arcturus generator that it would draw infinite energy...?
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

it would generate the power of 25 ZPM's. it could access infinite power, thus sustain the 25 ZPM rate near indefinite

Comment

maybe in the movie the Attero device does not affects anything outside the galaxy.

but...if the device produces that static similar to radio static that prevents you from listening to a specific station, it should have far greater range. A radio wave keeps traveling until it bumps into something. Does the supspace wave that creates the static, bump into something in subspace?

Comment

it takes power to make and sustain the static. MW is 3 MILLION lightyears away from pegasus. its at the edge of the local cluster, we are at the centre. besides, inverse square law would make the static, if any at all, in the MW too weak.

its effective range is pegasus

Comment

just curious but wat in gods name is the attero device
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  it takes power to make and sustain the static. MW is 3 MILLION lightyears away from pegasus. its at the edge of the local cluster, we are at the centre. besides, inverse square law would make the static, if any at all, in the MW too weak.

its effective range is pegasus
                  wat r u 2 talking about?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                    attero could translate from lating as: impair. so...impairing device

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                      spoilers for First Contact
                      Spoiler:
                      its the device made by janus that disrupts subspace and makes wrath hyperspace windows explode.
                      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

attero means "to destroy"

Comment

But I'm sure if you brought the device back to the MW and calibrate it, it can disrupt enemy ships... maybe could have helped to destroy some Ori ships a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
                            spoilers for First Contact
                            Spoiler:
                            its the device made by janus that disrupts subspace and makes wrath hyperspace windows explode.
                            the thing is ive only just finished watching season 4, season 5 hasnt even come out in New South Wales, Australia yet. not until about mid next year.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                            X