New Gate (First Contact Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gate (First Contact Spoilers)

Do you think the new Atlantis gate will have an iris or a shield ?
    I'm asking this because, if they could make a gate shield like the one on the original Atlantis gate then why didn't they put one on the Earth gate ? So I think the new gate will have an iris.

I hope the new Atlantis gate has the manual Iris and not the energy shield cos I think it'll look so much cooler and sounds kinda cool too. Any alien who thinks they could bypass the Atlantis gate shield, oops sorry, they no longer have the energy shield but a nice tight titanium one.

But I just realised, they may need to create a stand for the new gate cos if they place it at the same location then the manual iris won't work cos the bottom is covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
      Do you think the new Atlantis gate will have an iris or a shield ?
      I'm asking this because, if they could make a gate shield like the one on the original Atlantis gate then why didn't they put one on the Earth gate ? So I think the new gate will have an iris.
      They will prolly use the Reset button. They were busy with menages and love triangles, we cannot build our own gate. We can't do jack after 11 SG1 seasons and 5 SGA ones.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
        I hope the new Atlantis gate has the manual Iris and not the energy shield cos I think it'll look so much cooler and sounds kinda cool too. Any alien who thinks they could bypass the Atlantis gate shield, oops sorry, they no longer have the energy shield but a nice tight titanium one.

But I just realised, they may need to create a stand for the new gate cos if they place it at the same location then the manual iris won't work cos the bottom is covered.
        The SG1 gate looked incomplete and a rough draft with that iris. I prefer the Atlantis one. Love the chevrons, adore the shield .

My opinion. (c)

Comment

I like the MW gate, I love the dark smooth to the touch but rough-looking, that I imagine is cold to the touch as your hand glides through the edges, the inner ring and the monster of the chevrons as it glows. Rawr.

But, the PG gate looks cool too and the shield is nice but what happens when there's a power drain on the city and the Wraith dials in. Not pretty.

Comment

it would look just the way it was with a shield. Don't you know about the giant reset button?
            supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Well if we ignore the fact of there being a reset button, they're only gonna have this new setup for the gate for half a season + movie. Stop trying to burn the guy's fun, and lets have some speculation.

They might have to do something about that crater they have(from the explosion, duh), I'm thinking filling it with concrete, and adding stuff so it's basically like the SGC one.
              Has anyone been trawling through Mallozzi's blog for clues yet?
              I remember the pics with Dawn Olivieri having no difference to the Gate http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ests-and-pics/ but i'm not entirely sure for the ground (no good shots showing area around gate.) This pretty much says that a reset button is plausible.

In another thought for FC, i'm thinking Sheppard and Zelenka went up the stairs to the Jumper Bay to escape some of the blast (or all, if getting in a jumper.)

I wonder what happened to Woolsey's office and the photos there.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven6666 View Post
                Well if we ignore the fact of there being a reset button, they're only gonna have this new setup for the gate for half a season + movie. Stop trying to burn the guy's fun, and lets have some speculation.
                Thank you

They might have to do something about that crater they have(from the explosion, duh), I'm thinking filling it with concrete, and adding stuff so it's basically like the SGC one.
                Has anyone been trawling through Mallozzi's blog for clues yet?
                I remember the pics with Dawn Olivieri having no difference to the Gate http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ests-and-pics/ but i'm not entirely sure for the ground (no good shots showing area around gate.) This pretty much says that a reset button is plausible.
                Well even if the new gate will be identical to the old one, with a shield, I'm still curious to know how they (in the show) will explain it. McKay will probably say they made a virtually identical shield for the new gate using schematics from the database or something, but I wonder if he will mention why they don't put a shield on the SGC gate. Personally, I hope they put an iris on the gate... it looks a lot cooler

In another thought for FC, i'm thinking Sheppard and Zelenka went up the stairs to the Jumper Bay to escape some of the blast (or all, if getting in a jumper.)
                Either that, or they went to the transporter.

I wonder what happened to Woolsey's office and the photos there.
                It's probably been destroyed... Woolsey is going to be so pissed

Comment

well, they CAN make gate shields. but the sgc's iris works fine. they have to do with powerfailure. the iris has never been breached, so it works just fine

SG1=iris

SGA=shield

Comment

The question is how far from the event horizon is the shield vs. the solid iris. I'm thinking you could vary the shield distance. Maybe bringing it closer so you don't have an event like where Anubis just kept pumping energy directly into the gate... or where Sokar was trying to burn through the iris itself.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      well, they CAN make gate shields. but the sgc's iris works fine. they have to do with powerfailure. the iris has never been breached, so it works just fine

SG1=iris

SGA=shield
                      SGU=wall of gerbils
                      Visit my Website

Comment

aww, that'll be so cute!

Comment

They will use the weir reset button.

They will "rescue" replifranweir and ask her to use her nanites to repair the damage done. She will then use build herself a new human body and take over woosley's job as he sucks at it. Thus ending the series similar to how it began. Wih wier in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                            They will use the weir reset button.
                            They will "rescue" replifranweir and ask her to use her nanites to repair the damage done.
                            For a reset button, that's plausible, however, do we know how much time elapsed between Progeny and The Return pt2? If that time period is longer than between now and GitM, then yes, a RepliWeir/Fran redo would be possible, however, they could just use the replicator machine to build some nanites to do the job that a full replicator could do. Hence no need to bring back RW/F.

I don't recall an episode where McKay said he can re-make a gateshield, perhaps someone can point me towards the episode?
                            I'm thinking the space between the Gateshield and the Event Horizon is probably more than a few cm, however, we never got a good explanation, so it might be closer than the physical iris is in the SGC. If I remember correctly, wasn't it 3 micrometers or something between the Iris and the EH?

For SGU, i'm thinking they'll be able to disable their gate instead? Or, theres a program that disables it until they have to dial another gate.

Comment

This is a wild shot, but how do we know the physical 'Gate exploded? There could have just been a massive release of energy from the event horizon leaving the physical ring intact. Again, wild, but hey, it might work!
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                              X