Handheld Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handheld Stargate

Do you think we'll one day see a portable Stargate that could fit in the pocket of an SG team member? The way I see it, the smaller the Stargate, the less power it should need to use. They could use it to transport additional ammunition or food or medical supplies, or to send written reports back to their superiors.

It would have to be a small one to fit in their pockets. I don't know how they'd send things through it if it was that small though. It's a very interesting thing to ponder!

Sig by me

Comment

You pull it out hit it in the center and it creates a holographic Stargate and the mini Stargate-ish device also creates a holographic DHD. That would be cool to see
      This isn't Atlantis?
      I don't think so.
      If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
        You pull it out hit it in the center and it creates a holographic Stargate and the mini Stargate-ish device also creates a holographic DHD. That would be cool to see
        ...and how does the hologram create a wormhole exactly?
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
          ...and how does the hologram create a wormhole exactly?
          magnets will be involved obviously
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
            Do you think we'll one day see a portable Stargate that could fit in the pocket of an SG team member? The way I see it, the smaller the Stargate, the less power it should need to use. They could use it to transport additional ammunition or food or medical supplies, or to send written reports back to their superiors.
            I assume since the addition of the supergates into stargate, their size really doesn't matter. I'm sure you could make a handheld one, but it would be difficult to make the components small enough to function.

Although i hate the thought of the gate "splash" going off in your pocket
            Ouch!

Comment

I like the concept of this!! I think its something well worth exploring =P

It could like out of TimeSplitters Future Perfect when colonel Cortez has the hand device look-a-like thingy and uses it to travel through time creating portals infront of him.

Comment

It wouldn't be very practical or carry along a pocket sized handgate. If someone else tried to dial in from another planet, say the Goauld dials in to prevent escape while attacking that planet the mini kawoosh could obviously do some damage to the carrier (like Alan Wake pointed out above).
                1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

I feel that they should make a hand held DHD, so that they don't have to worry about a gate not having a dhd, the dhd being blocked/guarded, etc etc.

You know what would be cool, getting back to a portable stargate (or miniature one for that matter) but in 'First Contact', we see the aliens take out several pieces to construct the circular shield/floor cutting elevator device (needs a better name, that's for sure). But what I'm getting at is that each team member has a section of a mini gate (probably around the same size that Orlin built his, in Sam's basement). This way if they have to do a survival/evasion kind of thing (like Jaffa holding down the gate area) they could just move to a safe place and put it together.

The trick is recovery of the device. Although, it could be used just to get someone back to the SGC so that they could lead a more well organized and equipped counter-strike against given enemy force.

A hand held/holographic stargate would work if the stargates worked like they do in 'Flash Gordon', were, if I remember correctly, you could open up a [wormhole] (rift from the show??) and go right through.

But alas, the ancients weren't that good

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                    magnets will be involved obviously
                    that's a given. how about toasters and mics. parts ordered online.

Comment

Why would you want a hand held Stargate to perform such menial tasks?

I can certainly see the merit of having a portable gate that was large enough to fit team members through as a sort of emergency backup if they were prevented from going through the normal gate, or for tactical uses, but to send paperwork or ammunition? That'd be a waste of money.

It'd be cheaper just to fly a UAV through and have it either drop supplies or simply crash near the team than it would be to do the R&D to develop a hand held Stargate. If the Stargate wasn't overrun, then simply sending a MALP through or just tossing the supplies through would be fine.

Comment

A handheld Stargate would be cool if you could dial it similar to a rotary-style phone.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Well it would be alright if it folds up. Then when opened you can allow people to escape through it (diving through if they must)

Comment

Turning stargates into hula hoops would just cheapen them. There's better things to expand a franchise than being a lazy douche and making out ridiculous stuff like that.
                            I sincerely hope we never see that, unless maybe from the Lanteans themselves.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

the only way it would be cool was if it was made by the Goa'uld or Ori to prevent an attacked planet to dial out.

But well I'd rather see something between a stargate and an attero device that just prevent wormhole activation and hyperspace window formation around the said planet/solar system. You could then take your time to subdue the local population .

THAT would be awesome (and a bit vicous MBWAHAHAAAAAAA )
                              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Working...
                              X