Earth stargate iris/platform ponder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth stargate iris/platform ponder

Well, I think i have a question and an answer her. So here I go.

Basically, first of all, why doesn't the iris disintegrate and the platform break in half when a stable wormhole forms? It's always boggled me...

BUT

This may be a stupid answer, but the Stargate is a super-conductor, and any conductor need to be made of a metal, and it this case it needs to otherwise it would fry. So, since the iris and platform are both made of metal, and are both touching the Stargate, shouldn't they become part of the superconductor, and so the platform is part of the Stargate and the Iris just flattens or disconnects the stable event horizon/wormhole thing.

(P.S : If what I say makes sense, and the producers just happen to be reading GW, fingers crossed this appears in a film! Like never!)

electricity takes the easiest way. in this case, through the gate, not the iris/platform

Comment

Are you asking why the Kawoosh doesn't destroy the iris?
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

he is and that makes alot of sense i agree but what about stone steps i think you can put stuff at the bottom

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

no, he means the power running through the gate

Comment

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
            Well, I think i have a question and an answer her. So here I go.

Basically, first of all, why doesn't the iris disintegrate and the platform break in half when a stable wormhole forms? It's always boggled me...

BUT

This may be a stupid answer, but the Stargate is a super-conductor, and any conductor need to be made of a metal, and it this case it needs to otherwise it would fry. So, since the iris and platform are both made of metal, and are both touching the Stargate, shouldn't they become part of the superconductor, and so the platform is part of the Stargate and the Iris just flattens or disconnects the stable event horizon/wormhole thing.

(P.S : If what I say makes sense, and the producers just happen to be reading GW, fingers crossed this appears in a film! Like never!)
            fooled me

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

It's because the iris is less than 3 millimetres from the event horizon so the destructive particules (kawoosh) can't form and the incoming traveller can't fully reform so theres your answer
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
              god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Working...
              X