Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gates

I alwasy thought that gates basically formed a wormhole between the two and then you went thru the wormhole from one gate to the next..?

Yet in SGA4.17 during the intro Rodney goes on about how this macro of his gets the gates to store you in its buffer and then passes you to the next gate and so on....

Normal gate travel
    Object steps into event horizon, pattern gets stored in buffer, then transmit via wormhole to the buffer of another gate, which then materialises the object.

IMO The Macro Overrides the re intergration and tells the gate to re dial and send the pattern again.

Wait a sec, if the gate re dials wouldnt that wipe the pattern from the buffer.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
      Normal gate travel
      Object steps into event horizon, pattern gets stored in buffer, then transmit via wormhole to the buffer of another gate, which then materialises the object.

IMO The Macro Overrides the re intergration and tells the gate to re dial and send the pattern again.

Wait a sec, if the gate re dials wouldnt that wipe the pattern from the buffer.
      It probably shifts your pattern from the Receiving Crystal to the Outgoing Crystal when it redials. The Gate things you've stepped out, then back in again. But you haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
        It probably shifts your pattern from the Receiving Crystal to the Outgoing Crystal when it redials. The Gate things you've stepped out, then back in again. But you haven't.
        But "48 Hours" stated that any energy stored in the crystals was wiped by the Kawoosh
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
          But "48 Hours" stated that any energy stored in the crystals was wiped by the Kawoosh
          Yes, when dialing. But the gate, before it dials, transfers the pattern to the Outgoing Crystal, to send it along. The Receiving Crystal's still wiped, but the pattern is saved elsewhere.

Comment

there's no need for a kawoosh though since there's no need for an event horizon. Now granted, in midway we heard the gate dial and the kawoosh occur (I think) on the planet where the wraith were monitoring the transfer. But I'm willing to ignore that myself. I mean if the gate doesn't need to create a event horizon then it would just send the pattern straight on without it. Hence no kawoosh.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

we have seen several instances of an event horison forming without the unstable vortex as it's properly known forming so no "kawoosh" no crystal wipe and pluss i think the vortex on the wraith gate was the incomming wormhole we never saw the outgoing.
              And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

yeah he gets the gates t transfer ur pattern to the next gate.... pretty genious
                sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Working...
                X