Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any other races have a MALP equivilent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any other races have a MALP equivilent?

As far as I know the SGC and Atlantis are the only ones to use MALPs to look at what is on the other side of the gate. Other races use the two gate systems so what do they use?

One could say that the Gou'ald just chuck Jaffa through gates and see if they come back but what about other advanced races?

And really, even though the Ancients built the gates and put them on planets themselves wouldn't they build some kind of remote survey drone with a camera? Surly they didn't explore every corner of every planet. Ok, they may have had time to do that if they were in the MW for millions of years but planets will also change over millions of years.

Furthermore, couldn't they have built a camera system into the gates themselves? Surly they knew all the different signals that can go back and forth through an active wormhole.
    sigpic

the goauld have a malp like machine. we see it in the episode heros, but its also equiped with shields and wepons so its like a malp on steroids.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The Goa'uld send Jaffa through stargates. That's how they scan.

Otherwise, some drop a Voc'ume that scans around, but it's not mobile at all.

Anubis' droid was a new addition.

The Asgards may use robots as well, expanding a bit on what was seen in Stargate Worlds' trailer.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

What about the Asurans though? I mean wouldn't they be advanced enough to send a so called malp thourgh the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
          What about the Asurans though? I mean wouldn't they be advanced enough to send a so called malp thourgh the gate?
          why? if they just send through a replicator they can see if its safe and communticate it back to the others via their link. and if they dont make it they can just replicate that particular replicator again. i mean weve seen them sacrafice themselves before, although it would proboly be pretty rare for them to really use the gate as they seem to be content on their home world.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The Ancients used the satellites we saw in The Game to observe worlds. With those bad boys(which I hope is something we sent back from the Ancient database on Atlantis when the Wraith were attacking in The Siege), they could observe quite a bit about a world without having to risk any resources whatsoever.
            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

The Wraith use a small spherical probe, seen in Childhood's end.

Comment

The Goa'uld have a modified TAC or Shock grenade tha can scan nearby object. Remember on the first episode of SG-1, the first time apophis come to earth and kidnap an air force sargent? She is scanned before Teal'c steps trough the gate and grab her.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

God, after reading the responces I realize how much of Stargate I have forgotten!

If you'll excuse me I have a date with my DVDs...
                  sigpic

Comment

What if the gates have some sort of detection device in them? We just don't know it exists as we've not got into the full capabilities of the gates yet.

Comment

I think Carter and McKay have been all through the stargate's code and internal components. If it was there I think they would know about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X