Clear All

First Contact tech (spoilers)

Watch this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7vj...eature=related

And this video:
    http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=677842

Spoiler:

I think those shields look really cool!
    And some sort of weird bubble looking beaming technology.
    Does anyone know what the dude says in the first video? I got "It could open the door to...." kinda sounded like armagedin or something similiar.

All I can say is that it looks awesome. Yeah, I mean it. Generally episode ads don't interest me, but this one seems to have enough cool stuff revealed and possibly people thinking intelligently for once?

Todd's stunner is impressive as well. The soldiers have that shield they activate, placed on their forearm (there's an obvious vulnerability then), they can travel in a kind of energy capsule that goes through matter or something, possibly a form of very advanced ring platform, there's the shield raised over the stargate, it's been expanded and therefore is larger than usual, and apparently contains a blast which may be the very stargate going off.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

wow, i like what i saw. there is going to be some awsome technology in first contact. and i must say, i love that new enemy, i mean did you see that forcefield he made. and todds stun sticks, it seems the wraith have a whole bunch of ways of stunning people, i never realized how inventive they were.

oh and on a side note id like to thank you for torturing me with those spoilers. now i cant wait for friday, i am so gonna be in front of my tv on friday at precicesly 9:00. this episode looks like the best episode since rising.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I can't stand that we finally get a cool enemy that uses thier tech inteligently; powered suits with shields, a shielded transport platform that can go right through the floors of the city, and who knows what else, only for the series to end in another ten episodes.

Comment

I've said it on other threads but this episode does look awesome.
          I wasn't too sure when I first saw the pics of those aliens, but in the trailer they look really cool.
          That shield the guy in the hallway puts up reminds me of Goauld tech, I wonder if slow moving objects can pass through it.

I bet their ships are gonna be pretty powerful especially if they're an enemy of the Wraith.

I didn't know that the Wraith had those kinds of stunners and it doesn't seem to affect Todd so obviously designed to knock out humans.

I just can't wait to see this episodes it's gonna be legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantien84 View Post
            I can't stand that we finally get a cool enemy that uses thier tech inteligently; powered suits with shields, a shielded transport platform that can go right through the floors of the city, and who knows what else, only for the series to end in another ten episodes.
            There's a possibility they could be in the Movie.

Comment

By the end of that movie we'll discover a weakness and exploit it and triumph.... just won't happened over several seasons...

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
                By the end of that movie we'll discover a weakness and exploit it and triumph.... just won't happened over several seasons...
                Have you seen the pics flying around GW?
                There's one with one of the aliens on a table and (I think) Zalenka's trying to get the thing's helmet off so I think they're gonna find a weakness at least in the soldier.

Comment

easy weakness: roll a grenade over the floor.

i cant believe it. looks like we get balanced KULL V2.0

Comment

Ironic that you misspelled "intelligently"
                    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Don't be afraid, they'll all be dumbed down soon enough before the end of the show.
                      Remember Unending, Ark of Truth and Continuum, brains fall apart, it's in the formula.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Well I think the shield looked like the Goa'uld personal forcefield.

Also I'm curious how Todd makes it onboard our ship. Maybe he has some nice story for us.

Comment

I think they are an offshoot of the Ancients who didn't ascend.

The suits look hoaky but the tech looks nice.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Well first things first, we can tell why the gate has bene shielded, according to spoilers the attero device causes stargates to explode, which is why the shield is raised and expanded around the gate (most likely because the deadalus isnt there to beam it in to orbit cos its overrun by todd)
                            The soldiers look really cool, like a Spartan from Halo. Im really impressed with the shield, didnt think that would come up considering most baddies just require extra bullets and most overblown stunts, this could finally be an enemie worth fighting. Cant wait. Shame it has to end so quickly.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

First thing I thought when I saw the new enemy, was finally a enemy who will out match us in infantry combat, it only took them 13 years to do it. And I hope it not just in the technology area either, I hope one of them floors Ronon big time, and slap him around a bit whiles doing it .
                              Last edited by knowles2; 25 September 2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X