X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eleventh Hour

http://www.trektoday.com/news/311205_01.shtml

While many Star Trek actors have protested that they felt pigeonholed by the television roles that made them famous, Patrick Stewart (Picard) says he has a different problem: he's typecast in Shakespearean roles as much as sci-fi.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

he's typecast in Shakespearean roles as much as sci-fi.
    Really, that's shocking.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      Really, that's shocking.
      Yeah, I wonder why he thinks that?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Please enlighten me, what is the point of this thread?
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
          Please enlighten me, what is the point of this thread?
          The same point of any thread. To discuse an issue.
          In this case Qasim was kind enough to link us to a Patrick Stewart artical, because some of us like Star Trek or are eagerly awaiting X3 so we are interested in what Mr Stewart says.

Although I do find the following qoute disturbing, mainly because I like my superhero movies to be the standard bubble gum, happy American fair and hate angsty stuff... I guess I am not as eagerly awaiting X3 as I thought I was.

Stewart warned that the upcoming film has "a number of quite significant deaths." He added that from the footage he has seen, "it's likely to be extraordinary" and that fans have no reason to be nervous.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Can't wait for X3.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              Can't wait for X3.
              Boy do I second that. X3 is going to be awesome. I just have that feeling.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

http://www.trektoday.com/news/170106_02.shtml

Advance reviews of Patrick Stewart (Picard)'s Eleventh Hour have begun to appear, praising the veteran actor's screen presence and noting the strongly scientific focus of the new show.

"Playing a man of science is no stretch for Patrick Stewart, and he brings all the authority of his roles in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' and 'The X-Men' to the part of a professor who investigates spooky goings-on for the British government," wrote Ray Bennett at Reuters. He said that the show was well-filmed and paced but "it needs all of Stewart's gravitas...to overcome some clunky scripts."
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Hmmm...finally got round to watching this recorded with Mum. Put it this way, Mum was only willing to give it 6/10 and I think I've mentioned what she's like with Patrick Stewart!

To be honest she was right, character wise Rachel was nothing particularly unique, though Hood was better. The show wasn't zzz worthy but though the plot was solid enough, the show lacked any real buzz.

6-7/10 depending on my mood.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Saw this spot, for what looks to be a pretty interesting new series...

I really like the idea of a show dealing with what they're calling "science-fact". Of course as a sci-fi fan...I'll take anykind of science, I can get...but, it's cool that they'd take a stab at a series and story lines that are actually somewhat possible.

Has anyone else heard anything about it??

Comment

I haven't heard a thing about this show ...I don't think. I watched the vid and ...eh. I'm not a fan of Rufus Sewell so that puts me right off. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be about. Is it anything like Fringe? That show I like, it's great.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

i know it's airing on CBS
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          i know it's airing on CBS
                          Yeah, that I got from the vid.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

god, a remake of OUR 11th hour.... staring PATRICK STEWART!!! why didn't they just renew our version instead of making a US vers

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462097/

even though it was only 4 feature length ep's it was darn good
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                              I haven't heard a thing about this show ...I don't think...Is it anything like Fringe?
                              Not really "like" it, I don't think. Guess we'll all know for sure, after the premiere tomorrow night!!

But, comparatively I think where Fringe is more about "out there" science-fictional cases and premise, Eleventh Hour deals with factual occurrences that would actually be possible, and could happen.

AvatarIII, would you say that applied to the UK version, as well??

Comment

Working...
                              X