Merlin (BBC version) Spoilers abound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin (BBC version) Spoilers abound

Did anyone watch this on Saturday night? (BBC1)

A bit slow IMO.. but it was a first episode and these kind of things take a while to get into gear, none the less I thought it was pretty good and has the potential to become really something
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

I missed it unfortunately. I want to try and catch it at some point though.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I saw bits of it looking over my shoulder while I was on the comp, and it looked not bad. P-90_177, it should be available to watch through BBC's iPlayer. I'm going to try and catch the full ep this week before it expires.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I quite enjoyed it, even though I couldn't help but think of SG-1's The Quest when I saw the cave / dragon set up!

Comment

Colin Morgan was wonderful. The rest, unfortunately, was bloody awful.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Absolutely awful. Even worse than Robin Hood.

Comment

Wait! It's started? Bugger, I was going to watch that. Does anyone think it's worth taking time out to watch it on the iPlayer?

Comment

I like it
                you need some regular BBC cheese be is docter who, robin hood or this
                "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

I watched about 5 mins of it, then turned it off. Silly me thought it might actually have some real elements of the Camelot myth, Arthur's ledgend, and
                  well, a fully grown version of Merlin just like the stories I read in my youth.

Comment

i just watched this..............MEH

it was alright, but it could have been alot better

Originally posted by Frozen Serpent View Post
                    I quite enjoyed it, even though I couldn't help but think of SG-1's The Quest when I saw the cave / dragon set up!

i too thought of the quest when i saw the cave, maybe it was the same set
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                      Did anyone watch this on Saturday night? (BBC1)

A bit slow IMO.. but it was a first episode and these kind of things take a while to get into gear, none the less I thought it was pretty good and has the potential to become really something
                      I watched the first episode and
                      Spoiler:
                      it was even more boring than Robin Hood, i will not be watching the second episode

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      I missed it unfortunately. I want to try and catch it at some point though.
                      Spoiler:
                      Consider yourself blessed, I only wish i could unwatch it!
                      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Have you watched Merlin? It's a new british show. I watched the first episode and it was really good. The camera and style look similar to Xena and not wery proffesionally done but the story was fresh and unusual.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59388

A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Not sure if other countries get the programme but in the UK there is a series on BBC One - Merlin.
                              I was watching last weeks episode (The Gates of Avalon) and noticed that it had some things very similar to stargate -

1. Reference to Avalon
                              2. Staff very similar to an Ori Staff
                              3. People trying to 'ascend' to a life of immortality

This might be because both sg1 (season 9 and 10) and Merlin both draw from the legend of King Arthur and Merlin - Does that mean both production designers got the design for the staff weapon from a real source?

Has anyone else noticed the similarities to stargate?
                              Are the makers fans of Stargate?
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X