Kawoosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawoosh

Okay i really didnt use the search function... its late and im not in the mood, but the kaswoosh destroys all matter in its path, right? does that mean if i dial a planet enough i could completely deplete the planet of atmosphere? I know that if it was true it would be a plot hole because then like every planet would be uninhabitable.

Well that is probably true BUT:

I vaguely remember seeing that whenever a stargate activates there is a transient windy moment almost as if the kawoosh pushes air away (this doesnot apply to non-gaseous states as they are not moved away and actually destroyed)

Secondly if we assume the kawoosh has a volume of 5x5x10m (estimating) then it has a total volume of 250m3. Now divide that by Earth's atmosphere and that suggests how many kawooshes/gate activations are needed to deplete a world of air. That and we are assuming the same amount of particles are destroyed each time (ie the air molecules sit right in front of the gate instead of dispersing evenly to areas around the planet.

Comment

You would have to dial the planet billions upon billions of times to take away all the atmosphere.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
        You would have to dial the planet billions upon billions of times to take away all the atmosphere.

i agree, unless it was a planet the size of a bedroom dialing a planet wouldnt deplete the atmoshpere, unless you did it billions of times
        Last edited by stargater1990; 19 September 2008, 08:04 PM.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
          i agree, unless it was a planet the size of a bedroom dialing a planet wouldnt deplete the atmoshpere, unless you did it billions of timesand considering theres trees that continually replenish the air, thats still no garentee.
          Go read a science textbook before you embaras yourself furhter.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            Go read a science textbook before you embaras yourself furhter.

what are you talking about, i never put that in my post
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

what are you talking about, i never put that in my post
              Ooooo Your edit log says otherwise.

Comment

Ooooo Your edit log says otherwise.
                i was just fixing a spelling error....
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Surely something must make/replenish the atmosphe (meaning all gasses involved), i assume the atmosphere of earth didnt just appear out of nowhere?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

You cant. Most gates were customized by the Ancients so they don't teleport gas. And even if they did, nothing would happen (or maybe not?) Good question though.

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                      Surely something must make/replenish the atmosphe (meaning all gasses involved), i assume the atmosphere of earth didnt just appear out of nowhere?
                      No you're right it didn't. Much if not all of it came from volcanic outgassing during the formation of the planet.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

i was just fixing a spelling error....
                        That's what she said.

Comment

That's what she said.
                          Good god. Grow up. LOL

Comment

You only annihilate the matter that is at the same space as the kawoosh, it is not like matter is suck towards it. Otherwise it would be a bad idea to stand in the gateroom.

Comment

just place a ori supergate on a planet it get the job done alot faster better yet stick a few sublight engines around it and use as a net collecting the atmosphere
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X