Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next: SG1 Season 10?! I hope so!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's next: SG1 Season 10?! I hope so!!

Season 9 couldn't be any better: semi-absent Carter (my least favorite of the 4, followed by O'Neil), moslty absent Jack, and Teal'c & Jackson in full force. And...no plans of bringing that substitute character of Jonas back!

As long as Shanks plays Jackson, this show is worthwhile to watch - remarkable actor/character. Teal'c is good as long as he complements Jackson, but not by himself.

Season 8 saw lots of reduntant and boring Teal'c episodes, just Season 7 was for Carter. It would be nice if Jackson would have his spotlight at least evenly with the other 2.

I do hope however that the storylines would be more interesting and elaborate. I hope there won't be an episode again like there was at the beginning of this Season, when SG1 was captured by BAAL and all that was shown was activies at the base! BAAL captured SG1?? Where was it addressed?? I can't believe that episode got high ratings! That episode was even worse than SGA for that matter....

...Speaking of which..... What's up with SGA? Why waste energy on that offshoot series instead of focusing on SG1? I hope it does not go beyond season 2. After watching a couple of ep's I totally boycotted it. What a load of lame @#$% that show is!

Anyway, I am very glad that this nevereding SG1 saga got extended by yet another year of stories (hopefully decent ones). I say let's go SG1 - Season 10!

Just a quick correction. In Zero Hour the team weren't captured by Baal, that being the whole point, they got themselves locked in a lab and couldn't get out for the duration. Baal overheard the radio traffic and guessed they were missing so played up to the part.

I hope that SG1 goes on for many more seasons too.
    jan t
    jan t

Comment

My bad. I posted the thread in the wrong forum. Damn.

Comment

Well, personally I'm thrilled with the S9 announcement, as long as it ties up some more plot lines and is able to keep up to SG-1 quality. What I'd like to really see in S9 is more team episodes. Ok, RDA is on a low shooting schedule, but I'd still like to see more of the other 3 characters together on the main storyline. It seems like a number of season 7 and 8 episodes have been somewhat of a solo flight for each. Is there a shooting conflict there, or do the producers just want to get more character development for each individual?

Also, who else thinks they should bring in a new character to the series? If RDA goes the recurring route and with AT taking time off for the baby, we'll literally have just 2 main characters to go around for the first parts of the season. The credits sequence would also feel empty with 3 actors in it, that blank spot where DSD used to be already feels somewhat awkward, but that's a off-topic point to say the least.

Anywho, I'm glad we're getting 2 seasons of our Stargate fix with SG-1 and SG-A going another year (I like SG-A, it's good, McKay rocks. I just wish the Wraith would be a little better developed as a menacing threat apart from "Jaffa wraith" getting shot down in almost every episode. I guess The Siege may help with that.)

Comment

I would like to point out that no one, anywhere, has said that AT will be on a low shooting schedual. They've moved the production start time later this year, and there are just about a dozen shooting techniques to work around her condition.

Comment

I agree, team episodes would definitely be nice. But apparently that is not feasible. Seasons 3-5 were the best in that sense.

As for wraith....they look cheap...as some buffy-vampires. Very unconvincing. Unas were much more convincing, I think. But then the latter idea came originally from "the outer limits".

Things like Jonas and SGA are real digressions from the real stragate - SG1 - with all 4 of its members (even if I don't like half of them ) I personally will not embrace everything that this production team decides to spit out in the course of experimentation. Once again, stargate is SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              I would like to point out that no one, anywhere, has said that AT will be on a low shooting schedual. They've moved the production start time later this year, and there are just about a dozen shooting techniques to work around her condition.
              Yes, I wasn't entirely certain of that myself. I should have made it more of a "what if" than what I did say there. If they are able to work AT into the early episodes, then that's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob
                As for wraith....they look cheap...as some buffy-vampires. Very unconvincing. Unas were much more convincing, I think. But then the latter idea came originally from "the outer limits".
                EVERYTHING is from "The Outer Limits". The props, the Goa'uld, the plots, the sets, the actors, the writers, the producers, the studio....

That being said, Atlantis is very different from SG-1 and so far good. The Wraith are too weak of an enemey and I don't like that Atlantis doesn't have some Zats and Staff Rifles. Hopefully the Wraith will be portrayed better in future episodes, but the city itself is amazing. It will take several seasons to show us everything and touch upon all of the aspects. It also gives us the opportunity to learn more.. a lot more... about the Ancients (which I thought everyone would be excited for). We have a lot to learn about Ayinia (sp?).

I do think that the wraith with the weird mask thingy look cheap and fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                  Yes, I wasn't entirely certain of that myself. I should have made it more of a "what if" than what I did say there. If they are able to work AT into the early episodes, then that's great.
                  Maybe Sam can have some kind of leg injury that requires her to stay in the lab for an episode or 2--still present for a couple of scenes but not out with the team. I hope they re-sign the whole team--it wouldn't be the same without them all.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                    I don't like that Atlantis doesn't have some Zats and Staff Rifles.
                    That was done on purpose by the writers as to differentiate Atlantis from SG-1.

In a neat little piece of irony, does anybody remember the Brad Wright interview from the "Beyond The Gate" series where he goes "this thing could go for... 10 SEASONS!" or something like that... It's a Season 3 interview I think, nice little bit of foreshadowing?
                    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

about the season 10 thing, i highly doubt that there will be one. im pretty sure that there will be a season 9, but the cast have lives, other than stargate. i would have to admit, though, i wouldnt complain about one.
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I'll reserve judgement on this until after I see some of season 9. But I'd be glad to resume the topic upon that occasion!

Comment

I doubt it, let's see how season 9 goes before we start wishing for a season 10, shall we?
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Season 9 couldn't be any better: semi-absent Carter (my least favorite of the 4, followed by O'Neil), moslty absent Jack, and Teal'c & Jackson in full force. And...no plans of bringing that substitute character of Jonas back!

As long as Shanks plays Jackson, this show is worthwhile to watch - remarkable actor/character. Teal'c is good as long as he complements Jackson, but not by himself.

Season 8 saw lots of reduntant and boring Teal'c episodes, just Season 7 was for Carter. It would be nice if Jackson would have his spotlight at least evenly with the other 2.

I do hope however that the storylines would be more interesting and elaborate. I hope there won't be an episode again like there was at the beginning of this Season, when SG1 was captured by BAAL and all that was shown was activies at the base! BAAL captured SG1?? Where was it addressed?? I can't believe that episode got high ratings! That episode was even worse than SGA for that matter....

...Speaking of which..... What's up with SGA? Why waste energy on that offshoot series instead of focusing on SG1? I hope it does not go beyond season 2. After watching a couple of ep's I totally boycotted it. What a load of lame @#$% that show is!

Anyway, I am very glad that this nevereding SG1 saga got extended by yet another year of stories (hopefully decent ones). I say let's go SG1 - Season 10!
                            Yeah, OK I agree with your thinking of season 10, but season 9 asnt even come on TV (have they even started filming season 9?), but SGA (I thought) is good, the episodes Ive seen that is.

I hope it does continue to other seasons, because we would learn more about the ancients and alot of other things that have not been explained much.

Comment

Well in that case, why not call the show Teal'c and DANIEL JACKSON's adventures?...

I became addicted to SG-1 because of the whole TEAM dynamic, not specifically because on *one* character. I think they're all good as long as they work together as a team. I like season 7 and season 8 so far, but it lacked something, or rather someone, and that someone was O'Neill... Not only as the character, but as a member of the team.

I for one am a bit perplexed at this whole season 9 stuff. Of course there are still stories to be told, and with a little imagination you can keep things running, but - once again IMHO - only so far...
                              I'd rather they did a mini-series with LOTS of team moments, with the WHOLE SG-1, or a movie, than an average season 9 or 10 or...

I love this show and I'd really hate it if it became a mediocre one, which I fear *might* happen with season 9... Or not?
                              Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                              ............oo0oo............

Comment

Working...
                              X