• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Dean Anderson promotes the Geek Squad

http://sev.prnewswire.com/computer-e...6092008-1.html

Richard Dean Anderson

MultiVu Video Feed: Best Buy Launches Geek Squad Black Tie Protection In
    Star-Studded Manhattan Event

Steven Seagal, Richard Dean Anderson and Tanya Roberts will be descending on
    the 62nd Street and Broadway Best Buy store to kick off the national launch of
    Geek Squad Black Tie Protection, the next generation of protection service
    plans, featuring support to help activate, protect and maximize their
    technology. The celebrity "Icons of Protection" will make their grand entrance
    in black Denalis flanked by Geek Squad Agents and black and white Geekmobiles.

Geek Squad has more than 20,000 technicians available nationwide who support consumers with install, optimization and repair for computing, home theater, auto electronics, mobile devices and appliances. Never before have so many protectors from the past and present gathered together in one place. And now here they are, ready to tackle technology malfeasance.

For more visit geeksquad.com.

SATELLITE FEEDS:
    Tuesday, September 16th, 2008 Tuesday, September 16th, 2008
    3:30 PM - 3:45 PM ET 6:30 PM - 6:45 PM ET
    AMC 3 AMC 3
    C-Band C-Band
    Transponder 3 Transponder 3
    Downlink Freq. 3760 Horizontal Downlink Freq. 3760 Horizontal

Wednesday, September 17th, 2008
    3:00 AM - 3:15 AM ET
    AMC 3
    C-Band
    Transponder 3
    Downlink Freq. 3760 Horizontal
    NEWS: Steven Seagal, Richard Dean Anderson and Tanya Roberts Join Best Buy &
    The Geek Squad in Launching New Service Plans to Help Keep Technology Safe for
    Humankind

FORMAT: B-roll and Soundbites

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: Video, contact information and more available at:
    http://www.prnewswire.com/broadcast/34909/press.html

GO THE LINK ABOVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO WITH RDA - he's in both videos

SOUNDBITES:
    * Steven Seagal
    * Richard Dean Anderson
    * Tanya Roberts

B-ROLL INCLUDES:
    * Geek Squad B-Roll
    * Event Footage
    VIDEO PROVIDED BY: Best Buy, Inc.

Contact: FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL: MultiVu Media Relations,
    1-800-653-5313 EXT. 3

it's funny as jack is is horrible with tech and RDA is always promoting tech causes
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      it's funny as jack is is horrible with tech and RDA is always promoting tech causes
      I thought the same thing. Here's a man supporting Geek Squad which the character I know him as most is the least technical man on the planet. Then I remember he was MacGyver and then it all made sense, although not sure why Seagal or Tanya Roberts would support it (although when I think her, I think Midge from That 70s show so that makes it more confusing).

sigpic

Comment

jack o'neaill is the reason Geek Squad exist
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Best Buy is a Minnesota based company, and RDA is from Minnesota, so it makes sense to me. No different that Microsoft and Bill Gates getting Jerry Seinfeld to promote Windows and other Microsoft products.

Comment

those comercials make no sense to me

Comment

Me either....

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I thought the same thing. Here's a man supporting Geek Squad which the character I know him as most is the least technical man on the planet. Then I remember he was MacGyver and then it all made sense, although not sure why Seagal or Tanya Roberts would support it (although when I think her, I think Midge from That 70s show so that makes it more confusing).

I guess because Best Buy has been here since it started (Northeast) it make sense. There's RDA, who used to play MacGyver, saying basically you don' thave to try to be MacGyver fixing your PC. Call the Geek Squad (which, according to one co-worker, is pretty good)

Comment

Another article.

http://www.switched.com/2008/09/17/m...squad-service/

(picture of RDA and others)

excerpt:
                  On Monday, Best Buy tech-help division Geek Squad launched its new Black Tie Protection service, which covers home theater, mobile tech, gadgets, and more, in addition to computers. Naturally, the electronics retailer decided that it needed some star power to kick off its new product, so it invited three celebrity "icons of protection": Tanya Roberts of 'Charlie's Angels' and 'That '70s Show', MacGyver (aka Richard Dean Anderson, and Steven Seagal), a musician who's made some martial arts movies (or is it the other way around?).

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Nine (9) photos of RIchard Dean Anderson from the event are up at

http://rainbow.unoriginal-sin.org/ga...s.php?album=45

Comment

RDA seems to have put on some weight.

But it's cool that RDA's promoting Geek Squad. I've always liked Best Buy, especially their shade of blue used.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                        RDA seems to have put on some weight.
                        Oi, there's a whole nuther thread for that.

I think he looks great! ..still! Very cool that he's promoting Geek Squad.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

RDA looks great! And it's clear he's having fun making personal appearances!

Comment

Working...
                          X