Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A large naquadah reactor.

Why don't we build one?

The Goa'uld use them to power their ships, which are larger than ours. i'd even say more powerful, we have more advanced shields and weapons with the Asgard upgrades though.

If we had larger reactors we could probably do more as we could provide more power to our already advanced tech.

They wouldn't have to be huge; although that would be nice.

If they were so large they couldn't simply be carried, as the reactors can now, but had to be moved by a MALP then they would be able to provide a lot more power.

I don't think 304s use small reactors at all.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      I don't think 304s use small reactors at all.
      But how do we know? We've never seen anything on them but the small ones.

Comment

Have we ever seen a reactor on a 304 at all?

Comment

we still haven't been told or seen how big a 304's main generator is as far as i can recall. those small naquadah generators we did see were purely backups. they were used only to power key systems and critical areas of the ship in case of emergency (ie, when main power was lost).
          That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Probably the hypercore powers the ship. Like ST's Warp Drive which powers AND propels the ship.
            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
            Zatnikitelman

Comment

Prometheus' naqahdria reactor was probably three or four coffins big, and naqahdria enables smaller cores.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by 123NotIt View Post
                we still haven't been told or seen how big a 304's main generator is as far as i can recall. those small naquadah generators we did see were purely backups. they were used only to power key systems and critical areas of the ship in case of emergency (ie, when main power was lost).
                Actually, didn't we see a Mk I only used on the damaged Prometheus, which they used to recover at least ion thrust to move away from the satellite?

This means the generator alone should have been able to provide a significant power to move the Prometheus in time and far away.

The power provided by a portable reactor must be important in order to move a ship.

Comment

i didn't mean that they couldn't do it. i meant that they couldn't do it for long. think of the UPS you have hooked up to your computer. it'll power your computer for a few minutes, but then it'll still die. therefore, i believe something bigger than normal naquadah generators powers our ships. the power requirements for shields and hyperdrives must be staggering, not to mention the new beam weapons.
                  That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Why not just cut straight to making Nuetrino Ion Generators?
                    That was the main thing that powered Asgard ships.
                    The Asgard were able to travel to Atlantis from Earth in a week and it's gotta be in the Asgard Computer Core.

Comment

it would be too big for 304's, and we cant get enough neutronium

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        it would be too big for 304's, and we cant get enough neutronium
                        What do you need Neutronium for?
                        Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

i think it was said, that asgard tech uses neuronium (like the tollans use trinium), although we dont know if its actualy required for NIGs.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                            i think it was said, that asgard tech uses neuronium (like the tollans use trinium), although we dont know if its actualy required for NIGs.
                            That's my point entirely. We have no idea how NIGs work. They may run on orange juice for all we know, all the name tells you is that Neutrinos are involved somewhere.
                            Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

As I suggested elsewhere, they may rely on a solar like fusion, therefore plasma. That's for the ion part, and may involve antimatter at some point.
                              The other is that they used forcefields, neutronium and naqahdah to form a thick and dense shell around the core to capture the neutrinos, which would contain a lot of energy.

Comment

Working...
                              X