305?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

305?

When they get around to designing a new ship, which class will it be?

Fighter
    Cargo ship
    Alkesh-ish medium 'frigate'
    Battleship
    Something else
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

i don't think they're going to be designing a new ship anytime soon. the 304 is only 3 1/2 years old and is a multiperpous carrier. it's doing well so far

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Yes, Earth will continue to build battelcruisers (space borne main batlle tanks) for quite some time, our tech is sufuceiently advanced to make a single ship class practical fro the time being.

Comment

a cargo ship for the trip to and from atlantis would be nice, that way the trips could be less frequent and we could station deadalus in permanent atlantis orbit.

or a scout ship with a cloak and minimal wepons that could be used for sg team extrations if they become trapped that way we dont have to send a 304 for a simple extraction. or it could be used for reconassance.

or it could be massed produced much faster than 304s and sent to the pegasus galaxy. then they could cloak find a hive sneak up to it and right when its right beside it, launch a nuke right into the side and since were so close and they havent detected us there wont be any darts to intercept it and we could wipe out the wraith without them even knowing who is doing it.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I would have to agree, a cargo ship would be nice like for Atlantis and stuff. But then it would still have to have weapons to protect itslef and Atlantis from the Wraith. But if anything the should make a more crew effiecent battle cruiser. Like not have so many crew members.

Comment

305? probably what we would class as a dreadnought. advanced asgard powersource [NIG?], dual hyperdrive, powerfull shields. made to go to pegasus in only a few days, to last long in battle. uses newest, best asgard technologies directly integrated into its design, with key tauri systems replaced by asgard ones. primarily asgard/ancient design, with tauri and tokra and traveller components

Comment

Hmm, that's votes for battleship(or dreadnaught) and cargo ship/scout ship.

Don't you think that the 302 is a bit outdated? With puddle jumper tech shouldn't we be able to do a lot better now? I mean, the 302 was built before we had Asgard tech to work with...it was totally based off of Goa'uld tech that we reverse engineered.

And, has the Alkesh gone out of style?

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                Hmm, that's votes for battleship(or dreadnaught) and cargo ship/scout ship.

Don't you think that the 302 is a bit outdated? With puddle jumper tech shouldn't we be able to do a lot better now? I mean, the 302 was built before we had Asgard tech to work with...it was totally based off of Goa'uld tech that we reverse engineered.

And, has the Alkesh gone out of style?
                The 302 isn't really outdated IMO. At first, they started with just missiles as weapons and eventually upgraded to lasers sometime during S 8/9 of SG-1 and S 1/2 of Atlantis. Plus, it's really only 7-ish years old. In order to mass produce something like that, you've got to have continuity.

As for the X-305, it will most likely be something to upgrade upon the 304's- same type of ship, just better. lol, I just remembered this:

HARLEN: See, everything is better, even your minds. You are all much, much better.

O'NEILL: Better then what?

HARLEN: Do you not feel it? Are you not stronger? Smarter?

JACKSON: I think he's right, I feel great!

HARLEN: Of course you do, because I have given you a great gift. I have made you all...better!

O'NEILL: Better how?

HARLEN: Oh I have not hurt you, I have only made you...better!

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                  The 302 isn't really outdated IMO. At first, they started with just missiles as weapons and eventually upgraded to lasers sometime during S 8/9 of SG-1 and S 1/2 of Atlantis. Plus, it's really only 7-ish years old. In order to mass produce something like that, you've got to have continuity.

As for the X-305, it will most likely be something to upgrade upon the 304's- same type of ship, just better. lol, I just remembered this:

HARLEN: See, everything is better, even your minds. You are all much, much better.

O'NEILL: Better then what?

HARLEN: Do you not feel it? Are you not stronger? Smarter?

JACKSON: I think he's right, I feel great!

HARLEN: Of course you do, because I have given you a great gift. I have made you all...better!

O'NEILL: Better how?

HARLEN: Oh I have not hurt you, I have only made you...better!
                  Yes, the 302s have been showed on so many occasions to use energy weapons...
                  Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Those were railguns and I think the 305 might be an explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                      Those were railguns and I think the 305 might be an explorer.
                      I don't know about AVfan but I was being sarcastic.

I think they are just bog-standard 20mm chain guns.

The 305 will just be another multi-role ship, just as the 304 is.
                      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                        I don't know about AVfan but I was being sarcastic.

I think they are just bog-standard 20mm chain guns.

The 305 will just be another multi-role ship, just as the 304 is.
                        they look and sound the same as railhuns, i'm pretty sure they are railguns

KEEP IT CLEAN
                        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

I think it should be a fighter and should be a sci fi equivalent of an A-10 thunderbolt. it'd charge through the gate and wail on any enemies around.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                            I think it should be a fighter and should be a sci fi equivalent of an A-10 thunderbolt. it'd charge through the gate and wail on any enemies around.
                            That I would very much like to see. Maybe establish an offworld airstrip and send 305s through the gate in squadrons to deal with problems instead of sending a 304 carrying fighters.

Comment

I don't think we really need a cargo ship as such.
                              We have Asgard matter conversion tech for supplies so they could just install an Asgard computer core on Atlantis, as soon as they
                              Spoiler:
                              build a new, improved Midway station they won't even have to rely on ZPMs to send personel to and from Atlantis.

305 Description

The new ship should be a bigger, badder battle ship, maybe twice or even three times the size of the 304s, with stronger shields, have that shiny Asgard look Trinium-Naqueda-Carbon alloy, be powered off of Neutrino Ion generators, have at least 8 beam weapons all over the ship, have ion engines (I think the Asgard have those), be able to get to Atlantis in 7 days like Asgard ships can, have upgraded missiles with there own shields so that they can't be shot down by Wraith ships (incase the energy weapons go down), as well as heavy impact long range cannons with Naqueda-Nuclear shells and have rail guns with independent matter convertors that automatically reload the guns (that goes for all projectile weapons).

302 Mark 2 Description

We also do need a replacement to the 302s that incorporates some asgard tech.
                              It could be able to fit through the gate, wouldn't need huge wings as it could use anti-gravity thrusters, have small but fast ion engines, a short range interplanetary hyperdrive engine (so that it could be deployed in space and reach other worlds when needed), have a rail gun (like the 302s), shields and smaller versions of the 305's missiles with shields.
                              Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 16 September 2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X