Earth Ships in 30/40 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Ships in 30/40 years?

What would you like Earth ships to look like in 30/40 years?

Do you think they'll look more Asgard or will we keep the rough and ready look.

Personally iId like them to imitate the ships from Starship troopers. I could see the 304s evolving in such a way.

Other options for the Earth look would be the ships of Babylon 5 (without the rotation section) or Battle Star Galactica.

no i say keep them the way they are. maybe increase their size a little. but overall they are unique.
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

ya, plus the 304s r sleeker.

Comment

Big, ugly, with weird noses.

Comment

i would absolutely love to see them make a full scale asgard mothership except with human control interfaces as opposed to the little rock interfaces the asgard use. of course that would require us to make a nutrino ion generator but in 30 years if we havent made one yet we never will.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I think we'll see the design trend in human-made ships to continue in pretty much the same overall shape and feel, but expect them to become increasingly larger and more powerful.

304's really didn't have all that much of an offensive improvement over the Prometheus until we got Asgard weapons on all of them - so now that we have them, we can design ships around that aspect. Although, personally I'd still keep the rail guns. They are excellent CIWS for anti-fighter purposes - and could even technically open up on a vulnerable target (ie dart bays on wraith hive ships) and cause some moderate damage.

Comment

slap on some asgard fins and smooth it out a little. but keep the overall look.
              i find the 304 engine hum sexy

Comment

Personally I'd like to see a good mix of smooth asgard hulls and blocky tauri/ancient style openings here and there. That'd be so damn cool

Comment

I assume they'll be the most efficient shape/size that makes best use of the asgard stuff we now have. So if the O'Neills look has naything to do with its engines or other tech, our ships may become more sleek, othervise, i dont think tauri would be very innovative...

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
                    I think we'll see the design trend in human-made ships to continue in pretty much the same overall shape and feel, but expect them to become increasingly larger and more powerful.

304's really didn't have all that much of an offensive improvement over the Prometheus until we got Asgard weapons on all of them - so now that we have them, we can design ships around that aspect. Although, personally I'd still keep the rail guns. They are excellent CIWS for anti-fighter purposes - and could even technically open up on a vulnerable target (ie dart bays on wraith hive ships) and cause some moderate damage.
                    Agree. They'll probably become more powerful as we apply the neutrino ion generator technology in the Asgard database to our ships, and with all that extra power, we could put in bigger shield generators, weapons magazines, crew quarters, etc. So the size would probably increase.

Another reason the size might increase would be to counter the gigantic ships we've seen so far, like hive ships and the unknown ship from Grace. No matter how powerful your technology is, no ship captain wants to go up against something over ten times his ship's size.
                    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Why they would build ships similar to Asgard ships. The Asgards had developed their technologies and other stuff for thousand of years until they got to their newest ships(O'niell, Jackson). They have their own engineering technologies, building technuiqes and other things like that. Earth have their engineering technologies, building technuiqes etc. too. The human engineers made Earth ships to be suitable for Earth humans and to be easily buildable by Earth tools and from materials which is avaible for Earth.

Comment

In that amount of time I can see us really getting our teeth stuck into the Asgard database.
                        In the future we'll probably build ship yards with Asgard Matter Convertor tech, so incorporating their tech into our ships would be much easier, once that happens practically any designs and modifications to our vessels would be possible.

We'll likely keep the over design of the 303/4, but add Asgard Naqueda-Trinium-Carbon alloy to give them that sleeker look and have varying sizes of ship.
                        Improved systems overal

Comment

I think we're heading down the Asgard road...

Then, a ship that is slightly less phallic would be nice, too.
                          ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by BeccaBeez View Post
                            I think we're heading down the Asgard road...

Then, a ship that is slightly less phallic would be nice, too.
                            LMAO!!! Ill agree with that.

Comment

ya it would be nice to have a few asgard designed ships.
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X