fleet of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fleet of the future

Do u think that in 10, 15, 20, maybe even in 30 to 40 years time that we would a fleet numbering over 3 to 4000 ships?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
    Do u think that in 10, 15, 20, maybe even in 30 to 40 years time that we would a fleet numbering over 3 to 4000 ships?
    i doubt it would be that many in 20 years i would think atleast 60 or under ships being biult whether it is daedalus class ships would remain unseen
    sigpic

Comment

One ship, every six moths roughly. With increased production as more facilities are built.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
        i think 4000 ships is little to much , it will be like from 10 to 100 no more

Comment

3000 to 4000 would be too many.

How many aircraft carriers are there in the world? That would be a reasonable figure.

Comment

All depends on the need...if it were up to me I'd keep building ships as fast as they could come off the line. But if the MW proves to be less dangerous in the future, I could see them limiting production and working on improvements rather than raw numbers.
            Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
              All depends on the need...if it were up to me I'd keep building ships as fast as they could come off the line. But if the MW proves to be less dangerous in the future, I could see them limiting production and working on improvements rather than raw numbers.
              Improvements? Whiel I aagree Earth could make their ships more practical, you rally can't improve the tech we have any more.

Comment

Yes you can.

*better weapons replacing the railguns
                *better missiles and missile systems
                *better power generators
                *stronger hulls

There's lots of room for improvement.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  Improvements? Whiel I aagree Earth could make their ships more practical, you rally can't improve the tech we have any more.
                  Do you really think a 304 could go toe to toe with an old Asgard ship? I don't think so, and we have the Asgard database, so there is a LOT of room for improvement once we finally grow smart enough to make the technology from the specs we have...and don't say we can synthesize it. That only works on small stuff, not whole ships.
                  Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                    Yes you can.

*better weapons replacing the railguns
                    *better missiles and missile systems
                    *better power generators
                    *stronger hulls

There's lots of room for improvement.
                    Point taken on the first three, but i don't know about hulls.

Comment

or they could work on designing different classes of ships, such as a cargo ship for the trip to and from atlantis that way they could be less frequent and they could just station the deadalus at atlantis. also maybe a scout ship with an asgard cloak if they ever get smart eneough to type in "schematics of asgard cloaking generator" into the core and press create.

and i agree there are plenty of room for improvements. i mean the railguns are great, but how about a wepon that could be used on fighters but also on motherships and be able to do significant damage. some sort of plasma wepons that shoot blobs of plasma like the one the asgards used before they invented the phasers.

and creating a nutrino ion generator would go a long way toward reaching the shield strengh, hyperdrive speed, and wepons power that the asgard possesed.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Id say 500 is more reasonable, but it depends what technology is used, Asgard beam based drydocks could contruct ships alot faster than we could but I think between 300 and 500 is reasonable in say 50 years.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

Do you really think a 304 could go toe to toe with an old Asgard ship? I don't think so, and we have the Asgard database, so there is a LOT of room for improvement once we finally grow smart enough to make the technology from the specs we have...and don't say we can synthesize it. That only works on small stuff, not whole ships.

the oddessy definitely could.as for the others, well untill we create a nutrino ion generator, you would need 2 regular ships to destroy an old asgard ship.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            Id say 500 is more reasonable, but it depends what technology is used, Asgard beam based drydocks could contruct ships alot faster than we could but I think between 300 and 500 is reasonable in say 50 years.

that would require producing 6 to 10 ships a year and that would mean dedicating the sgc to retriving trinium for 50 years, unless we construct the ship yard offworld at the site of the mine. while yes i agree asgard beam based dry docks could make ships faster, it wont do us any good if there arent any materials to make them out of.

also having 500 ships just crewed by the u.s. would upset the rest of the worlds government and that would mean we would have to give ships to other countries so they dont feel like the u.s. is far superior to them and if there were ever to occur a world war 3 think of how much worse it would be with every major power controling dozens if not hundreds of the galaxys finest battle cruisers. personally, i think we might want to limit the production of that large of a number. after all, if earth became unstable and bad people got themselves in charge of a fleet of that size and decided to take over the galaxy, the rest of the galaxy would be defenceless.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

u no guys, personally, after wat happened with my previous thread i didnt think i would get this far in a new thread. thanks for actually posting on it by the way.
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X