This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day The Earth Stood Still / Remake.

I just saw a commercial for it while watching Destination Truth and I found a Wiki on it, and all I have to say is;
    Is Nothing Sacred Anymore?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day...ill_(2008_film)

No, nothing is sacred. Still, I do want to know more about this movie.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i am skeptical but will see it

Comment

I wonder how true will it be to the original? Will we hear those immortal words

"Klaatu barada nikto." Has anyone saw any promo pictures from the movie?. what will Gort look like?

LS

Comment

from thep ic i have seen gort looks pretty similar, and apparently it's going to be pretty similar to the original but with an environmental message instead of an anti nuclear message
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            from thep ic i have seen gort looks pretty similar, and apparently it's going to be pretty similar to the original but with an environmental message instead of an anti nuclear message
            This seems to be the season of environmental messages in movies.

Hellboy II The Golden Army: Prince Nuada is very, very angry with the humans because they are destroying the forests his homeland

The Day the Earth: Stood Still: will have the same message. Humans take care of your planet, we don't want you coming to ours and messing it up.

LS

Comment

I will go see it to check out the special effects and the story line.

Comment

I will diffidently go see this film, even though i have never seen the original and have no wish to.

The only thing i can't stand is all the people saying they are going to boycott this film because it's a remake of a classical. That's stupid... the film carries a good message to the people watching it. telling others to avoid the movie is just giving our planet a big middle finger. I know many people who have never heard of the original... so what's it going to hurt to reinvent this movie with a new cause for concern to our environment?

None. That's what.

Comment

I'm boycotting it not because it's a remake, but because I just heard err read the words 'enviromental message'. Lame.
                  Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                    I wonder how true will it be to the original? Will we hear those immortal words

"Klaatu barada nikto." Has anyone saw any promo pictures from the movie?. what will Gort look like?

LS
                    Ash said them better
                    sigpic
                    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

I saw the trailer for it just before 'Fringe'. The trailer was interrupted by commercials, so it wasn't coherent. It did look interesting....lots of special effects. The polygragher reminded me of the Jaffa that tried to kill Teal'c in Orpheus.

Comment

Now if they'll just do a modern Forbidden Planet.....

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
                          Now if they'll just do a modern Forbidden Planet.....

~Dave
                          The Tempest remake

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                            The Tempest remake
                            Oh yeah! I would love to see how it would be presented with today's effects.

~Dave

Comment

There's some new footage out. There's definitely a better quality version but I can't find it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wYtrZakLbU

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                              X