Space 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space 1999

Does anyone here like Space 1999? I was watching an episode of Space 1999 called "Dragon's Domain" that makes the wraith look like schoolyard bullies. Anyone familliar with the series and episode?

don't remember that particular ep but i do remember the series, i warn you its not scientifically accurate but i loved it as a kid, still do, eagles ftw

http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/Spa...9%20Eagles.JPG

would rather have the liberator from blakes 7 though.

http://www.sdc.org/~ragan/Liberator.jpg
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 August 2009, 11:44 AM. Reason: No need to hotlink.changed tags.
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

I remember watching it as a kid too. That was a long time ago so I don't remember much.

Comment

Can I have one of those models? :-)

The one thing I think we have to understand about early science fiction like Space 1999 and Lost in Space is that the producers couldn't possibly expect them to be taken seriously.

The episode n question is a sci-fi horror take on Beowulf's fight with the dragon. One of the Alphans is having a nightmare of a past encounter with a monster that devoured his crew in a spaceship graveyard orbiting a newly discovered planet and must confront his enemy who is still spoiling for a rematch

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
        don't remember that particular ep but i do remember the series, i warn you its not scientifically accurate but i loved it as a kid, still do, eagles ftw

http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/Spa...9%20Eagles.JPG

would rather have the liberator from blakes 7 though.

http://www.sdc.org/~ragan/Liberator.jpg
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 August 2009, 11:44 AM. Reason: check out the pic posting/requote rules.

Comment

The episode in question is a sci-fi horror take on Beowulf's fight with the dragon. One of the Alphans is having a nightmare of a past encounter with a monster that devoured his crew in a spaceship graveyard orbiting a newly discovered planet and must confront his enemy who is still spoiling for a rematch

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
          I remember watching it as a kid too. That was a long time ago so I don't remember much.

Comment

Originally posted by elrondaragorn View Post
            Can I have one of those models? :-)
            not mine i do have 1 old toy but i do remember chewing the plastic doors to the removable centre section, about the orange 'x' position on the model in the pic

The one thing I think we have to understand about early science fiction like Space 1999 and Lost in Space is that the producers couldn't possibly expect them to be taken seriously.
            blasted out of orbit at the speed of light if i remember!! but slows down for the 'planet of the week'..............'seriously' is not an option.
            sigpic
            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
            -Liberty Prime

Comment

I loved it!!!I hade a crush on Alan Carter
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Space 1999 fans rejoice, Season 1 is getting a BD release on Nov 2!

Disc-by-disc contents can be found here
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I watch a fair few episodes on ITV 4 in the UK an UFO an Sanctuary are the only things I watch on that channel.

But I cannot actually remember episodes specifics through.

Comment

I watched some episodes of it and it was pretty cool, but I was too young to remember much of it... it was pretty incomprehensible at times anyway

I do remember those scary illusionist aliens that could pretend to be humans and I was pleasantly surprised to make them see an appearance on an episode of the outer limits
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

And now it looks like Season 2 is also coming to Blu-ray

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Spa...-Blu-ray/14966

No specific date yet, but they're saying "before the end of the year."
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Once I got over the weirdness of a moon transporting them all over the universe, I enjoyed it. Very funny in its way.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just ordered this series on DVD, I loved it back in the 70's I even had a toy laser from the show.
                          sigpic
                          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

'Dragon's Domain' was one of my favourite episodes.
                            And I actually have a model of an Eagle.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I really liked this show, it had a great fresh feel to it at the time it came out, has dated badly though, not very believable but great fun to watch. Sort of had the same idea as SGU, a load of people stuck on an object, in this case the moon, that kept on going and they only had limited time for visiting any planets. I loved the look of the 'Eagles' they were great looking craft.

The episode that creeped me out was the one with the guy who burned up in the reactor, but was still alive because he was possessed by an alien. The image of that charred figure with the glowing eyes still creeps me out to this day! I still wonder if Stargate got the idea for the Broca Divide episode from a Space 1999 episode where a number of characters stepped through a certain line on a planet and regressed into cave men.

I did have the 'Space 1999' board game up until about 6 years ago. It got thrown out in the massive clearout moving to another country entailed, amazing what things you find in an attic when you finally have to clear it out and have to be ruthless!

Comment

Working...
                              X