Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region 2 Stargate Atlantis S1 and 2 boxsets - Redesigned.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 2 Stargate Atlantis S1 and 2 boxsets - Redesigned.

Well, for all of us wonderful Brits and suchlike who bought and treasured their copies of Atlantis S1 and 2 when they first came out, even though they were in a VERY crappy slide box which is near impossible to get back on again, and were then rather put out when all of a sudden S3 and 4 were issued in the new "M-Lock" style cases and a cardboard sleeve, not only meaning that the boxsets were nothing alike but the running spine design on S1 and 2 was no longer carried on...

... MGM have now re-released S1 and (i presume) S2 in the form of the M Lock boxes so that they are now more in keeping with S3 and 4, and probably S5. No doubt this is in preperation for a complete Atlantis boxset eventually, so all they have to do is take the five m-lock cases and put them into a bigger sleeve.

But still. Thought you'd like to know.

Unfortunatly, though in terms of packaging they're now all the same, in terms of artwork? Not so lucky. The running spine design from S1 and 2 is STILL on the spine of the new boxsets and obviously still not on the S3 and 4 sets, and the "S1" and "S2" crest, ie, identifying which season it is, is completely different (both in size, colour, and place) to S3 and 4. So we're still screwed if we want a nice uniform set of box sets.

But there we have you.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Those must be the ones I got, because all my boxes are the same other than the artwork...

Comment

I wasn't sure how recent this was. I was in HMV the other day though and spotted the "new" S1 boxset.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It probably is pretty new, I've only had them a matter of months, definitely less than a year I'm sure...

Comment

Working...
        X