Personel shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personel shield?

Why don't the people at area 51 design personel shields for the sg-teams so that they couldn't be attacked as easily like in Halo?

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

because the only personal shield is the green ancient prototype shield from Hide and Seek and Irresponsible and i don't think they can reproduce those considering they don't have a working one.
    supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Well if we had those, we would have such a nice show, personal cloaks are fine but shield would give our teams a huuuuuuuuuge advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
        Well if we had those, we would have such a nice show, personal cloaks are fine but shield would give our teams a huuuuuuuuuge advantage.
        Until the Wraith capture them and start dunking their heads in water

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
          because the only personal shield is the green ancient prototype shield from Hide and Seek and Irresponsible and i don't think they can reproduce those considering they don't have a working one.
          What about the several that were seen being used by apophis, heruer, sokar and other gould? there must be plenty of those left by the gould.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
            What about the several that were seen being used by apophis, heruer, sokar and other gould? there must be plenty of those left by the gould.
            Those are useless against slow moving objects... such as knives or Wraith hands. The Ancient shield would be more efficient but I believe they mentioned in one of the first episodes that they found it in a research lab... so it's probably too advanced for us to reverse engineer or replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
              those were on a hand device that you need naquada to use so that wont work

however, the asgard have got to have some sort of personal shield. i mean they were a really weak species in terms of physical strength so it stands to reason that they builtl a personal shield for protection if they had to go into some dangerous situation and if thats the case,it would be in the core. and if they cant find a shield, we know the asgard have personal cloaks because we saw it in the episode the sentinal.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I have to agree, I think the Asgard would have that kind of tech.

They had a device that could dial the stargate remotely and open a wormhole to another Galaxy so it's safe to say that they could generate the power needed.

Didn't Teal'c use something like that in Unending?

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                  Those are useless against slow moving objects... such as knives or Wraith hands. The Ancient shield would be more efficient but I believe they mentioned in one of the first episodes that they found it in a research lab... so it's probably too advanced for us to reverse engineer or replicate.
                  they could just use the biggest deus ex machina of them all...
                  Spoiler:
                  the asgard power core because it's said to be very user friendly, just type in personel shield and add the specifics and your done

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                    they could just use the biggest deus ex machina of them all...
                    Spoiler:
                    the asgard power core because it's said to be very user friendly, just type in personel shield and add the specifics and your done
                    With the asgard power core we should have bananas that taste like pizza, personal force fields and hand held guns that kill wraith.

Comment

I guess if the writers went that way then Earth would have a planetary shield and Asgard mega death beams in satellite based weapons.
                      Then there's the hole thing of using the asgard sensors to scan drones, zpms and use the matter conversion tech to build as many as we'd like.
                      You could even use it to build entire ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                        With the asgard power core we should have bananas that taste like pizza, personal force fields and hand held guns that kill wraith.
                        i believe you mean computer core?
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I think you all mean personal shield.

And why do people always confuse computer core with power core? Trying to power Odyssey with the core would be like powering my house off my laptop!
                          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

a very powerful laptop that is

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              i believe you mean computer core?
                              Sorry. My mistake.

Comment

Working...
                              X