Solutions Q&A with Joe Mallozzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solutions Q&A with Joe Mallozzi

Stargate Solutions has posted an exclusive Q&A with SGA Exec Producer Joe Mallozzi. The interview covers Atlantis' cancellation, the fan responce, SGU and the Atlantis movie.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1604

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Stargate Solutions has posted an exclusive Q&A with SGA Exec Producer Joe Mallozzi. The interview covers Atlantis' cancellation, the fan responce, SGU and the Atlantis movie.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1604
    that's probably one of the best interviews done with Mallozzi as it's not all spin, but actual quotes like

6. Assuming the crew and production staff stay on board, it seems all the built-in costs for Universe will be the same as they would have been for another year of Atlantis, except perhaps for actor pay. Can you say what costs might be lower on a new show versus a 5-year-old one?

Across the board, salaries would be lower and the licensing fee commanded by a new series in contrast to a show entering its sixth scene would be higher.

So, all down to money.

Comment

How likely are crossovers from SG-1 in the first SGA movie?

It’s very possible that we’ll have, at the very least, limited crossover. Given the story we’ve been spinning, it would make sense to see Carter, Daniel, and Teal’c pay Atlantis a visit.
      So the SGA film is actually going to be some sort of crossover? That's deeply disappointing. I knew we would get cross over movies eventually but they're not even letting the Atlantis cast have one film.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
        So the SGA film is actually going to be some sort of crossover? That's deeply disappointing. I knew we would get cross over movies eventually but they're not even letting the Atlantis cast have one film.
        I read that, and my heart just plummeted. If SG1 gets their own movies, then why not Atlantis???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
          I read that, and my heart just plummeted. If SG1 gets their own movies, then why not Atlantis???
          Its like they are kicking Atlantis fans while they're down. I know I'm almost certainly overreacting but right now, as silly as it sounds, I'm quite hurt by this.

Comment

What? Did you think that Atlantis was it's own show? It makes sense though. Just look what O'neill, Carter, and Teal'c did for the ratings. A crossover in SGA's movie will bring in the viewers by the dozens!

Comment

Its like they are kicking Atlantis fans while they're down. I know I'm almost certainly overreacting but right now, as silly as it sounds, I'm quite hurt by this.
              Ditto. It's just not necessary, IMO. Now, if there's a specific reason for a quick cameo, fine. But otherwise? Honestly? No thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

Ditto. It's just not necessary, IMO. Now, if there's a specific reason for a quick cameo, fine. But otherwise? Honestly? No thanks.
                I agree with all of the above. I could cry right now.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

i like crossovers. as long as SGA is an SGA movie with SG1 visiting by, not SG1 movie visiting atlantis.

Comment

7. Do you know yet which of the standing sets will need to be dismantled to make room for Universe, or will the studio space expand?

For now, we’ll be holding onto Stage 5 (our SG-1 standing set) and Stage 6 (our Atlantis standing set). We’ll probably move the Daedalus and hive sets over to a smaller stage and end the village’s glorious run.
                    Yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      I agree with all of the above. I could cry right now.
                      Bad news indeed... When JM said there would be 3, 4 if lucky, Stargate films, he really meant 3-4 SG-1 films? How are we supposed to be appeased if they don't even make ONE single SGA film?!

Hopefully there is still time for them to change their minds.
                      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                      sigpic

Comment

FGS it's an Atlantis film! like he said, 'paying a visit'. Carter could be classed as an Atlantis character now anyway, she'll have been in more episodes than Ford by the time the show ends. Unless Ford pops up before the end of the season. Daniel and Teal'c can't, but I personally don't mind them dropping by, as long as the main focus is on the Atlantis cast and they are actually there for a reason, needed for something. I didn't see anyone with a problem when the Pegasus Project aired in season 10, or when McKay popped up in Mobius and The Road Not Taken, and I know this is different, but still, Atlantis fans always seem to be a hell of a lot more averted to crossovers than SG-1 fans. IMO, to now say they aren't making an SGA film is silly. Was Pegasus Project not an SG-1 episode?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          FGS it's an Atlantis film! like he said, 'paying a visit'. Carter could be classed as an Atlantis character now anyway, she'll have been in more episodes than Ford by the time the show ends. Unless Ford pops up before the end of the season. Daniel and Teal'c can't, but I personally don't mind them dropping by, as long as the main focus is on the Atlantis cast and they are actually there for a reason, needed for something. I didn't see anyone with a problem when the Pegasus Project aired in season 10, or when McKay popped up in Mobius and The Road Not Taken, and I know this is different, but still, Atlantis fans always seem to be a hell of a lot more averted to crossovers than SG-1 fans. IMO, to now say they aren't making an SGA film is silly. Was Pegasus Project not an SG-1 episode?
                          It's like ordering a cheese pizza, and suddenly, whoa, what are those pieces of pepperoni doing it? It would be rather a waste of time (and $$$) to just toss in an SG1 character just for show, plus take away plot line from the SGA folk. Sorry, I want my cheese pizza with no pepperoni on it

Comment

So, am I to assume then that Atlantis characters will be crossing over to the SG-1 movies? Somehow I doubt it, but I will be very happy if I'm wrong. This, IMO, only serves to emphasize SG-1's status as favorite son. Don't get me wrong, this is disappointing news, but I will still buy the movie and still give it every chance.

Comment

As long as Earth is relevant to an SGA story, there'll be SG1 characters.

When Pegasus is relevant to SG1 there'll be SGA characters.

Unfortunatly for SGA fans and SGA's identity, the former occurs more than the latter.

But Ellis did appear in AoT briefly, and McKay has had numerous SG1 appearances...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X