Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requesting Technical scrutiny on project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting Technical scrutiny on project.

I've voiced that I'm not happy with the SGU premise, and while it probably won't change a darn thing I've written my own pilot for the new series. It's 27 pages long and extremely intricate. I think I've covered all my bases, but I'd like a second opinion as to any writing plotholes or other errors that might be there.

If anyone would like to read it through and vette it I'd be grateful. Just send me a PM.

It involves SGC, Atlantis, and a real Ancient if that peaks anyone's interest.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

would be cool.

Comment

I am intrigued as well. Particularly since a lot of your ideas involve a lot of assumptions that I never would have thought of (fun to consider them and to pick apart).
      Send us a copy unless you have found my words too antagonistic in the past

Comment

i have a "fight" with him, but thats in annother thread. i contain "fights " to threads, not to persons.

Comment

Oh I have no problem with the person (afterall I don't actually know them) but it can be easy to hold a grudge. The last thing I aim to do is offend or make it inhospitable
          I actually like his/her views as they stimulate conversation-Real ancient? when we consider the show is all fiction

Edit: I never clarified-I have no issue with him and I would like for him to send me a copy if he didn't mind

Comment

Hmm, sounds cool. I'm in.
            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I wouldn't mind reading it.
              Visit my Website

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

send me

Comment

sounds awsome, id love to read it
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

i just finished reading it and though it was intresting, i dont think the pilot will be anything like your version is. after all, the writers did say it was going to be totaly different from what were used to seeing and this seemed like the same stuff were used to seeing. plus i dont think there going to end the possibility of future atlantis movies. also there was no mention of the destiny unless that space station was the destiny. and wasnt there supposed to be a recon mission that ends badly when they cant dial earth? also, even if stevenson was able to reconfigure the dhd to dial the station, there no way a standard dhd would have provided eneough power to gate to it.

what did everyone else who read it think?
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

havent started to read it

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                          i just finished reading it and though it was intresting, i dont think the pilot will be anything like your version is. after all, the writers did say it was going to be totaly different from what were used to seeing and this seemed like the same stuff were used to seeing. plus i dont think there going to end the possibility of future atlantis movies. also there was no mention of the destiny unless that space station was the destiny. and wasnt there supposed to be a recon mission that ends badly when they cant dial earth? also, even if stevenson was able to reconfigure the dhd to dial the station, there no way a standard dhd would have provided eneough power to gate to it.

what did everyone else who read it think?
                          I think you misunderstood my intent. This is what I think the 3rd series pilot should be(keep the name Universe) and totally scap the current idea.

And no, that space station wasn't the destiny...it was the control hub for the entire gate network.

Comment

Well, you should just scrap the Universe title. But the rogue concept is rather intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Well, you should just scrap the Universe title. But the rogue concept is rather intriguing.
                              I know, but I think I can make it work. The whole premise is that the area of focus for the series will gradually expand outward until the whole ancient gate network is involved and we see how little earth really is. Plus the whole ascended side puts into light what what really runs the stargate universe, i.e. the big picture that we've been missing.

But yeah, better titles could be had.

Comment

Working...
                              X