Scariest SciFi bad guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scariest SciFi bad guys

Who do you guys think are the scariest of all the "bad guys" in any and all scifi shows and movies?

My votes on the Magog.

Shadows from B5.

Comment

Aschen this should be in the Sci-Fi forum if it is not limited to SG1/SGA/SG:M.

I would go with Agent Smith from the Matrix Trilogy.

For SG1....Anubis is king.

SGA, we really haven't come across anyone that seems overly bad. So I refrain from posting on that topic.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Oh shove it.

You're not a mod, and I don't have to put up with you.

Comment

the Emperor in Star Wars

Comment

Aschen, I *am* a mod, and I'd like you not to tell other people to shove it.

Cheers!

Anyway, my vote was for the Shadows from B5. They looked so very *other*. They were built up effectively over a long time, and the air of menace was palpable by the time we finally saw them. And they had Mr Morden as their mouthpiece who was very cool. The only let-down was the ease with which they were ultimately defeated ("Go away!" "Oh, okay then") but still, 9.5/10 IMO.
            Last edited by Madeleine; 14 November 2004, 04:36 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Shove it? DFA points out that you made a mistake and you say shove it? Nice attitude.

I do like the Shadows, naturally, but I wasn't big into B5 like everyone else seems to be.

I liked the Martians in War of the Worlds. Except for their overwhelming stupidity regarding germs/Earth's atmosphere, they were a great classic Scary Monster. And what's not to love about the disintegrator beams?

Monsters from the Id in Forbidden Planet. Ya never knew quite what was going on with that. Good stuff.

Comment

As far as movies go it's got to be that guy with the pins sticking out of his face from Hellraiser. I barely remember the movie and couldn't tell you a bit of the plot (I was really young and my sisters made me watch it with them) but I do remember not being able to sleep without a light on for months. Even now if I see a poster or anything the hair on the back of my neck stands up.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

The Shadows were indeed very menacing. The buildup to their ultimate introduction made them even scarier. And those "keeper" things totally creeped me out.

The Borg (pre-Voyager). When they were first introduced I thought they were very, very scary. The idea of a hive collective that could totally dominate the Federation and assimilate the human race was quite effective as the ultimate "bad guys". Of course then they went and ruined them.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Oh yeah... Pinhead. Although I'd call that more horror than scifi. *haughty sniff*

I like bad guys where you never quite understand them or their motivations. The less you know/see, the scarier it is. Signs did really well with that. At first.

Comment

I always thought the Aliens from Aliens were creepy. Also, I didn't think the Shadows were scary visually, but the build up like everyone has mentioned was well worth seeing them. I liked B5, I wishe Crusade and Ledgend Of The Rangers had did well.....so so sad.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                        Who do you guys think are the scariest of all the "bad guys" in any and all scifi shows and movies?

My votes on the Magog.
                        Who are the magog, Eric?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          As far as movies go it's got to be that guy with the pins sticking out of his face from Hellraiser. I barely remember the movie and couldn't tell you a bit of the plot (I was really young and my sisters made me watch it with them) but I do remember not being able to sleep without a light on for months. Even now if I see a poster or anything the hair on the back of my neck stands up.
                          Pinhead! Eeek, he freaks me out beyond belief -- so does that fellow hellraiser with the CDs stuck in his skin. OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by aschen

My votes on the Magog.
                            Excellent question dude. I can't remember who the Magog are, although they seem kinda familiar somehow. I'll look them up. For me, a bad guy has to be more than just words and puffery -- I look for intelligence, appearance, sophistication, and purpose. Evil for evil's sake is boring. Evil with a purpose is scary. Misguided evil can also be scary. So here are my pics:

SG-1: Anubis - he's classic; black cloak, cool reverberating voice, no face, and he's not even really corporeal. While he doesn't creep me out or anything, I really loved the character and thought he was the quintessential bad guy. He was like the Emperor, Darth Vader, and Grim Reaper wrapped into one. The older British guy, "First", in Season 6's "Unnatural Selection" was also cool -- not quite evil, but he just looked evil and was extremely confident. Confidence with evil is very scary!

Collectively, as bad guys, the Goa'uld are pretty good, except for Apophis -- I never really liked him, but collectively, the Goa'uld are great bad guys.

SG-A: Wraith Keeper - man, she freaked me out in "Rising". She didn't say much, or do much, but she was freaskish and was a great character! Haven't seen muc of the Wraith, but so far, they're evolving as good baddies.

B5: The Shadows, of course. Need I say more? Gotta love those ships!

ST: The Borg Queen, the Breen, and Jem Haddar. I loved the Borg Queen in "First Contact". Not only did she look evil, she was confident and arrogant. I hated Q, although he wasn't really a bad guy. Honourable mentions: Khan; Arik Soong, PhD; Lor; and General Chang (Undiscovered Country).

SW: Lord Vader reigns supreme. Again, the black cape, echoing voice, and almost face-less mask make for an overall evilly cool appearance, but the personality, arrogance, and cool dialogue kicks butt. I mean, can you top "I find your lack of faith disturbing!"???? The Emperor is also a great villain.

X-files: Well Manicured Man and, of course, the Cancer/Smoking Man. Agent Krycheck maybe...but not really.

Event Horizon: Dr. Weir (Sam Neill).

Lost in Space: Dr. Smith (the movie and the series). Yah, he was lame in the series, but he still was sorta bad

Robotech: The Invid

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                              Who are the magog, Eric?

Really scary ass looking creeps, that's who!! x_x

You know, from that show you hate- Andromeda?

Comment

Working...
                              X