This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot?

After i saw the whispers i began to wonder about something. We're seeing a lot of different types of SGA eps and while that's fine it can create a problem if the main plot is lost. And the last ep proved that there is no longer a main plot in SGA. i mean what was the point of this ep? ok show us some of Michaels experiments. that's all very well. but it was poorly executed.

i mean first there is a whole female team. with strong and tough chicks that look like barbies. what a stupid and cheap thing to do. there are reasons why female aren't in the special forces. and then with the lab. Micheal would have to be ignorant to leave such things behind. and not just that. also his whole data on how he created those things. as always all of that data turned out to be worthless, his experiments were retarded and non of the good guys was hurt.

is it just me or such eps (that are quite common the last two years) can't fit together coherently and form a decent plot. nothing makes sense anymore. i mean the last ep was very good by itself. it just doesn't fit anywhere. wtf???
    sigpic

They dared to...

Spoiler:
    make a stand alone episode. Curse them!

No, seriously...

The plot is not lost, Michael's experiments are out there, and they just stumbled across one of those, which means that he didn't just fall onto the creatures he had in Vengeance. So that's good.

Not every episode has to be part of the bigger picture. In fact, there's shows out there who don't make bigger pictures so more people can follow each week. This is not illegal, or something alike.

Don't get all upset when one episode doesn't seem to fit in. Imo, it's dumb.

Spoiler about Whispers:

Spoiler:
    If you believe none of the 'good guys' were hurt, you haven't watched the ep.

And maybe this thread had better be moved to the Whispers folder?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

oh yeah i missed one chick that.... no it's not about the stand alone eps. i am wondering what exactly is the plot? defeat the wraith? good luck with that. defeat michael? no problem, his creatures are retarded anyway and serve no purpose. procure new tech? they havent done that in a while so i assume its not the plot. than the options get pretty limited. in the last two seasons the plot is thin at best. there is too much jumping from one plot to another and people loose track of them.

so, again, what's the main plot of atlantis. what is their purpose?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
        non of the good guys was hurt.
        Didn't Captain Vega bite it?
        sigpic
        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
          Certainly did and im pretty sure that guy who was ripped through the window got hurt. Also im sure when one of those things jump on you and claw at your face it would hurt.

Comment

there are reasons why female aren't in the special forces.
            Please - enlighten me. What ARE the reasons 'females' aren't allowed in special forces?

Comment

After i saw the whispers i began to wonder about something. We're seeing a lot of different types of SGA eps and while that's fine it can create a problem if the main plot is lost. And the last ep proved that there is no longer a main plot in SGA. i mean what was the point of this ep? ok show us some of Michaels experiments. that's all very well. but it was poorly executed.

i mean first there is a whole female team. with strong and tough chicks that look like barbies. what a stupid and cheap thing to do. there are reasons why female aren't in the special forces. and then with the lab. Micheal would have to be ignorant to leave such things behind. and not just that. also his whole data on how he created those things. as always all of that data turned out to be worthless, his experiments were retarded and non of the good guys was hurt.

is it just me or such eps (that are quite common the last two years) can't fit together coherently and form a decent plot. nothing makes sense anymore. i mean the last ep was very good by itself. it just doesn't fit anywhere. wtf???
              SGA hasn't had a over all story arc for some time now. It's one of the problems with the writing IMO. There is no direction or reason for the team to still be there. No stated directive in the series for the current seasons.

Sure, posters can say...they are there to explore...but what exploring have they done to yield any fruits from it lately? So far season 5 hasn't yielded anything to make the "exploring" substantial. No new allies or technology. No defined enemy that's a real threat. Nothing to bring before a board like the IOA and say...Hey we did all this and you still need to fund us - forever.

The show has really lacked direction for a few years, but season 5 is just more obvious.

PS...there are chicks in the special forces. I suggest you do some research before making such a statement.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                PS...there are chicks in the special forces. I suggest you do some research before making such a statement.
                There are women in special operations in various non-combat roles. But in the combat arms special forces of the United States military, there are no women.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  Sure, posters can say...they are there to explore...but what exploring have they done to yield any fruits from it lately? So far season 5 hasn't yielded anything to make the "exploring" substantial. No new allies or technology. No defined enemy that's a real threat. Nothing to bring before a board like the IOA and say...Hey we did all this and you still need to fund us - forever.
                  Not all exploring bares fruit constantly.

Comment

I will admit the main series plot has wavered a little but meh, it was a fun action/horror flick. I don't believe stargate was ever intended to be taken that seriously.
                    "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

I thought it was entertaining as well. Having a season be nothing but overriding story arc can be dangerous in terms of attracting and keeping new viewers. It also gives a lot of existing viewers (the vast majority of whom do not post on forums like this remember) a chance to catch their breath, so to speak. That said, I'll certainly agree that the overriding plot of the series/seasons has not been that great.

Comment

Remember the B5 episode about the Floaters, the guys who fix general problems aboard the station? This episode was kind of like that, in that it was a standalone episode. They didn't need to be a bigger part of the overall plot, and as 103 said, it gave people a chance to breathe. Quite honestly, I like these kinds of episodes, as a dose of slow down, instead of main plot hurryuphurryup.

And it was nice to see a different kind of SG team as opposed to the usual all- or mostly-male team we've seen.

"Well sir, you told me to pick the best and brightest." As a military man myself, I like that fire in an offworld team.

In other words, people need to chill the hell out.
                        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

=sinfuldraconis;8892380]Please - enlighten me. What ARE the reasons 'females' aren't allowed in special forces?
                          i just stated a fact. it was not my purpose to disrespect anyone.

There are women in special operations in various non-combat roles. But in the combat arms special forces of the United States military, there are no women.
                          Today 06:11 AM
                          i was referring to combat units. that team was supposed to be combat. although their tactics and operational discipline sucked.

SGA hasn't had a over all story arc for some time now. It's one of the problems with the writing IMO. There is no direction or reason for the team to still be there. No stated directive in the series for the current seasons.

The show has really lacked direction for a few years, but season 5 is just more obvious.

all true. i only brought this up because SGA is supposed to have a story and now there's no story whatsoever. in s3 it became a little of, but it all went from bad to worse in the last 2 seasons.

PS...lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Or maybe there's a story and we need to wait until the later episodes to see it. Not everything needs to be right now.
                            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                              As far as I'm aware, the main story arc for this season starts in the next episode. Or at least one of them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X