Staff Cannon vs Railguns and missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff Cannon vs Railguns and missiles

I am just wondering who has the greater Fire power, a 304 or a Ha'tak? Before the Asgard upgrades of course

60 staff cannons vs 32 railguns and Mark missiles.

And if the Staff cannons are stronger than the railguns and Missiles
    would it be enough? Considering that a 304 have supperior shields

Or do a Ha'tak have both lower fire power and worse shields? meaning they wouldn't stand a chance?

So my ultimate question is probably who would win. An unupgraded 304 or a ha'tak?

EDIT: This is totaly oftopic but, does it take some time from when you post a thread to when you can find it?
    Last edited by folke123; 06 September 2008, 10:09 AM.

Nobody has anything to say I wan't to know

Comment

Originally posted by folke123 View Post
      I am just wondering who has the greater Fire power, a 304 or a Ha'tak? Before the Asgard upgrades of course

Or do a Ha'tak have both lower fire power and worse shields? meaning they wouldn't stand a chance?

So my ultimate question is probably who would win. An unupgraded 304 or a ha'tak?

EDIT: This is totaly oftopic but, does it take some time from when you post a thread to when you can find it?

actually, i have never seen a pre unending 304 destroy a hat'ak..... or for that matter a post unending one but i think that the goauld wepons are better than railguns and missils.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

actually as your a new member your posts have to be monitored and approved by a moderator before they are actually posted, here this is a link to what im talking about: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58466 darren (the owner) explains it better than i do.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

as in damage done over time i think that the 32 rail guns may do more damage than 60 staff canons, the rate of fire is very high in comparison and each round does enough to make huge explosions when the hit the ground (the game) hataks fire a pulse every second or so
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

A Ha'tak doesn't have 60 staff canons Does it?
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Acording to stargate wiki it does

Comment

Oh when we are the subject of ship versus ship fights, Goa'uld death glider vs 302?
                they are built for the same thing but witch craft do you know/think is supperior and why?

Comment

i dont think so but that so happens to be the number thrown out, but if point defenses were counted i wouldnt be that surprised.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                    i dont think so but that so happens to be the number thrown out, but if point defenses were counted i wouldnt be that surprised.
                    Well the shots it fires at small targets look pretty much the same as those fired at capital ships tbh.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Remember in Off the Grid when Odyssey fired a small spread out burst across the Lucian ships? Marks reported minor DAMAGE to the ships. Not shield damage, but honest to goodness damage, and yes the shields were up. Railguns are powerful enough to take down several Ha'taks!
                      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                      Zatnikitelman

Comment

Acording to stargate wiki it does
                        Yeah yeah, well these guys use disputable sources.
                        By looking at the episodes, Ha'taks would seem to have between 12 and 24 main guns, and the rest being point defense guns which can actually be dialed up high enough to threaten buildings (or maybe that the main guns being dialed down).

There's nothing firm on that.

What's sure, however, is that aside from their nukes, 304s were piss poor weak before the addition of the instant win beams.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                          Remember in Off the Grid when Odyssey fired a small spread out burst across the Lucian ships? Marks reported minor DAMAGE to the ships. Not shield damage, but honest to goodness damage, and yes the shields were up. Railguns are powerful enough to take down several Ha'taks!
                          He probably meant damage to the shields. As far as we know, drones are the only weapons that pass through shields, and if railguns could we would definitely have been told.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            He probably meant damage to the shields. As far as we know, drones are the only weapons that pass through shields, and if railguns could we would definitely have been told.
                            thrown knives
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Oh when we are the subject of ship versus ship fights, Goa'uld death glider vs 302?
                              they are built for the same thing but witch craft do you know/think is supperior and why?

the 302, because in fallen oniell was able to take out multiple death gliders single handedly and since the 302s have a hyperspace window generator, they can make very short jumps, which was eneough to bypass the goaulds shields. no glider can do that.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X