X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran cloaked drones? - This mortal coil

Hiya

this question has been bugging me for awhile:

in Atlantis ep "this mortal coil", when the replicator ships chase the puddle jumper; it appears the second drone fired from the cruiser? disappears just before hitting the jumper?

i always wondered if they had improved their drone tech to enable them to cloak....or was it just a CGI error...........or just my net copy of the ep (sorry, Atlantis doesn't play here and Itunes doesn't operate)

thoughts?

heres a clip:

invisible drone

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post
    Hiya

this question has been bugging me for awhile:

in Atlantis ep "this mortal coil", when the replicator ships chase the puddle jumper; it appears the second drone fired from the cruiser? disappears just before hitting the jumper?

i always wondered if they had improved their drone tech to enable them to cloak....or was it just a CGI error...........or just my net copy of the ep (sorry, Atlantis doesn't play here and Itunes doesn't operate)

thoughts?

heres a clip:

invisible drone
    its just a visual effect to show the drone has pass through some bright light and reappears once the clouds or whatever have passed, you see all the time like when a plane goes through a cloud and then flys back out, this drone just might of just simply covered by light

drones cant cloak and why would it need to in that scene when they already hit the jumper
    sigpic

Comment

i think what happened is when the drone got close the jumper, it entered its cloaking field just before hitting. this would account for it disappearing. we have seen that the cloak extends beyond the jumper for a little ways, even when the ramp is down

Comment

Its just a combination of poor quality video and the clouds/lighting. Why didnt they fire cloaked drones at us in BAMSR then?

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

..cause random explosions everywhere would confuse everyone?

(though im sure it would reduce FX budget, which would appeal to producers hehe)

good point with the clouds, prob is i would of expected the drone to reappear on the other side of the clouds in the clear sky stretch before hitting the jumper!

anyone have a higher res clip of this by any chance?

Comment

Because what's the point? It's slow moving capital ships vs. slow moving capital ship. No capital ships I've seen in SG has ever had the maneuverability to dodge small fast weapons like that. A jumper pilot could see/sense that and possibly dodge it. Cloaking doesn't give them quite the same option, or at least makes it harder.
            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
            Zatnikitelman

Comment

Bad quality, not much. The drone was still fairly big when it suddenly dissapeared, and there were no clouds at that moment. Besides, we've seen drones even at the distance the puddle jumper was.
              I'll check on a better video.
              But I'd rather say it's a VFX glitch, there would simply not be enough evidence to support such a design.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

drones are lightbulbs. have a lightbulb in the sky, whith a bright sky as a background

try seeing it

Comment

I think it just entered the cloak, as it was still active then as I recall, and has been shown to extend a little ways outside of the Jumper.
                  sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

It would be nice to have them, but no that drone wasn't cloaked. The entire idea would give the user way too much power.

Comment

Its not cloaked its just a light in a brighter background. I could barely make it out as flew.
                      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X