Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could an Ori or Oneill class warship be taken out by drones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could an Ori or Oneill class warship be taken out by drones?

Do you guys think drones could penetrate their shields?
    SG-1 Rocks!!

well drones scared the crap out of the ori in the alternate reality so maybe, oniell probably not but we have never seen a drone weapon used on anyship with asgard shields even in BAMSR
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      well drones scared the crap out of the ori in the alternate reality so maybe, oniell probably not but we have never seen a drone weapon used on anyship with asgard shields even in BAMSR
      Actually we did. In Lifeline the Apollo comes to rescue Sheppard and his team and engages in battle with the Replicator warship. We can see the drones as they impact the 304's shields. Or at least I think they were drones... they looked orange

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=313&pos=531
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=313&pos=548

Comment

those were too big to be drones its more like energy pulses
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

As drones were for the large part the sole weapon that the ancints relied upon I'd guess they could beat both.

The Ancients were technologically advanced than anyone else.

Thor said they'd barely scraped the top of the knowledge contained within the depsitorys of knowledge.

Also Drones helped to defend Earth from the Ori in that aternate universe episode.

Comment

in the alternate earth they said they fended off the ori ship, to me i think they caught the ship by surprise and went to get more of his friends

i think it would take loads of drones to take out either ship especially an ori ship i doubt the oniels shields are up to that level to the ori
            sigpic

Comment

I dont believe drones can penetrate asgard shields, and those weapons from lifeline were drones but maybe a different kind of drone.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                i think it would take loads of drones to take out either ship especially an ori ship i doubt the oniels shields are up to that level to the ori
                I Agree
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I don't know why people think the ship from "Lifeline" shot drones, since they didn't act like drones and a key evidence was that they missed the ship at one point.

And we know the drones work against the Ori ships, as in "The Road Not Taken" because they said they took out an Ori ship with the antarctic chair but it drained its power.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Drones would be able to penetrate both Asgard & Ori shields. The Asgard has barely been able to scratch the surface of the Ancient knowlege & even if they had been able to figure out how to defend against drones they wouldn't need to. The only races I would thinkwould be able to defend against drones are the Ancient/Asurans & the Ori, but since in an alternate reality it is implied that drones worked against the Ori I assume they penetrate the shields of the Ori ships also. There has been debate that when Hammond said they fended off the Ori it didn't actually mean they destroyed the ships, I belve the only reason the Ori would have abanoned Earth is if the drones penertrated & possibly destroyed one or more of the Ori ships. It makes sense that the Ancients would be able to defend against drones & that they would use these defences incase the Asurans used drones or the wraith somehow managed to work them out.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      I dont believe drones can penetrate asgard shields, and those weapons from lifeline were drones but maybe a different kind of drone.
                      They looked nothing like drones. There are like 2 dozen turrets on the Aurora, logic would dictate they were energy weapons. Think about it, those blobs while looking nothing like drones were fired in large numbers. Do you think the Aurora has space to fit so many massive drones? They'd be pointless.

Drones were enough to scare the Ori, I see no reason why they wouldn't work on Asgard shields. Maybe they wouldn't bypass them but they'd cause damage.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                        They looked nothing like drones. There are like 2 dozen turrets on the Aurora, logic would dictate they were energy weapons. Think about it, those blobs while looking nothing like drones were fired in large numbers. Do you think the Aurora has space to fit so many massive drones? They'd be pointless.

Drones were enough to scare the Ori, I see no reason why they wouldn't work on Asgard shields. Maybe they wouldn't bypass them but they'd cause damage.
                        We've never seen an Aurora fire anything but drones. That ship wasn't an Aurora... it was a different warship created by the Replicators that could cloak (from the front it looks like a giant Puddle Jumper). We saw those ships again in "This Mortal Coil". But I agree... the ship didn't fire drones in "Lifeline" because:

1) Sheppard says "They're powering up weapons"
                        2) If you look closely you will see that in "This Mortal Coil" the ship fires drones but it fires the from a special compartiment in the front, while in "Lifeline" it fires the energy weapon from the aft section.

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                          We've never seen an Aurora fire anything but drones. That ship wasn't an Aurora... it was a different warship created by the Replicators that could cloak (from the front it looks like a giant Puddle Jumper). We saw those ships again in "This Mortal Coil". But I agree... the ship didn't fire drones in "Lifeline" because:

1) Sheppard says "They're powering up weapons"
                          2) If you look closely you will see that in "This Mortal Coil" the ship fires drones but it fires the from a special compartiment in the front, while in "Lifeline" it fires the energy weapon from the aft section.
                          The weapons fired in BAMSR by the Aurora's are IMO not drones but the same weapons seen in lifeline. For the reasons I stated before. There were small numbers of drones in the battle, however I believe the majority of the weapons fired by the Asurans were energy weapons.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            The weapons fired in BAMSR by the Aurora's are IMO not drones but the same weapons seen in lifeline. For the reasons I stated before. There were small numbers of drones in the battle, however I believe the majority of the weapons fired by the Asurans were energy weapons.
                            I agree that auroras had and used some energy weapons, but i'm reasonably certain that asgard shields are not "skipped" by drones. This is because however much drones there were in BAMSR (i think there were quite a few, you may think there were hardly any, that doesnt matter), the fact is, that there were drones being fired at our guys, so if drones skipped asgard shields, only 1 would be enough to do serious damage or even destroy a 304, yet at the end of the battle the ships had ~20% shields and no apparent physical damage.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

I think you can change the power of a drone and as drones are powered by a zpm then they will have the power to go through any of the shields that we've seen so far.

Atlantis's may be an exception

Comment

Working...
                              X