How many drones destroy a ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many drones destroy a ship?

O'neill destroyed an hatak with only a few drones but they used thousands in Lost City.

What makes the difference?

Can the drone cut apart a ship from the inside and so we would just repuire one?

Do we need more for Ori ships though so we can disable the shields/

Wraith ships don't have shields so maybe it would just take two. One to blow a hole to a powercore and one to blow up a powercore?

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
    O'neill destroyed an hatak with only a few drones but they used thousands in Lost City.

What makes the difference?

Can the drone cut apart a ship from the inside and so we would just repuire one?

Do we need more for Ori ships though so we can disable the shields/

Wraith ships don't have shields so maybe it would just take two. One to blow a hole to a powercore and one to blow up a powercore?

i think that number 1 the shields werent up when he destroyed the hata'k with only a couple of drones, and number 2 the plot of the episode needed the ship to be destroyed with only a few drones and in lost city they wanted a big spectacle.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
      i think that number 1 the shields werent up when he destroyed the hata'k with only a couple of drones, and number 2 the plot of the episode needed the ship to be destroyed with only a few drones and in lost city they wanted a big spectacle.
      That was a single drone, and drones are immune to Goa'uls shields.

Comment

Asking how many drones can destroy a ship, is like asking how many bullets can kill a person.

Obviously if you shoot someone in the head or heart they die instantly, as if you hit a power conduit the ship blows up.

You can shoot some areas all day and nothing will happen, probably why Hives can take so much damage (minus having such a thick skin).
        Visit my Website

Comment

Being half ascended Anubis upgraded his motherships to have more powerful shields than ordinary Goa'uld ships. It probably took more in Lost City for that reason, or, another possibility is that Jack used more drones than was necessary to destroy Anubis' fleet. The fact that Death Gliders and Alkesh were shown to take several drones in Lost City when it should have only taken one drone for each suggests the latter might be the case (though it could be both).

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            That was a single drone, and drones are immune to Goa'uls shields.
            O'neil fired 2 Drones. It was two at the same time. One from each side of the Puddle Jumper.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Idont buy drones ignore sheilds herak said "our sheilds are of no use" could just be how they are of no use against ion cannon in season 2

drones come of the jumpers sheild in the return

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Drones can bounce off shields. (travellers)

So they're not immmune to them.

I imagine they emmit an energy field and it is that that causes alot of the damage. I see them as burrrowing through ships rather than getting in and then exploding.

This asks requires a new question however.

How many ships can one drone destroy?

Comment

i dont think the hatak saw the jumper as a threat since the size of the jumper to the hatk was big, so they might of underestimated it,

i think with oneil he was losing his mind to the ancient knowledge so maybe he gave eberything as possible to destroy anubis ships instead of concerntrating each pack of drones on ships where he could send all of them to get the job done quicker
                  sigpic

Comment

when o'niell launched the drones, he just launched them all not knowing how many it would take but if you watch just before and after anubis's ship is destroyed, that the extra drones are starting to head back to the surface

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
                      when o'niell launched the drones, he just launched them all not knowing how many it would take but if you watch just before and after anubis's ship is destroyed, that the extra drones are starting to head back to the surface
                      We just saw them swerving, we don't know if they were coming back.

They could still be in space, or burnt up now.

Comment

then how come in later episodes they say that they still have some left but don't want to use them unless absolutely necessary. this says to me that o'niell used up a pretty good stock of them and the remaining ones returned because in the initial launch scene, we see them stop coming out of the ground which suggests that he sent every single drone up.

Comment

maybe they are still in storage?

Comment

Working...
                          X