Asgard consciences in the core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard consciences in the core?

We know the Asgard downloaded their consciences into newer clones and that Thor downloaded his conscience into Anubis's ship; so Could Thor be alive (virtually) in the core.

It wouldn't make much difference he has done before.

Probably not, it wold ruin the whole sad side of Unending.

Comment

look the asgard postponed their death for a thousand years. they were sick of postponing it further through technology: its what caused their death, and they saw they had been wrong in using cloning. continuing their lives through technology would mean something even worse could happen

Comment

I dont see that myself

why fight a bitter bitter war with someone then suddenly decide you dont want to live ;I

was just terrible writing on the writers part and couldnt think of a better way to stop having the asgard come save us at every point

Comment

if.. their minds could be held inside a goa'uld mothership (thor on Anubis' ship) then couldn't it be possible for their minds to be downloaded into replicator bodies? (Weir from atlantis computers > fran body)

Comment

thats assuming their consiences are floating around somewhere :/

Comment

look. you dont understand. in the movie "deep impact' , a man and a woman stand on the shore, embracing their death. the asgard did that too. they were sick of fighting death. they were sick of always having to rely on technology to live, always buisy trying to correct the mistakes they made, and those very corrections made it worse. they saw that whatever they did, it would get worse, and they decided to pass on the torch to the next potent power.

i first thought it was lame writing. but i realized it was a rightfull thing to do. if you watched unending properly, daniel stated " whatever you do, there is never enough time". the asgard saw that. we saw it, and realized we wouldve done the same. i wouldve done the same. because doing what you suggest makes them replicator-like. the cloning problem was a graduate process. to make a new body from scratch would be strange: you wouldnt feel at "home". the asgard did what anyone else wouldve done. after all, if you're a 100 years old, and you can choose: death, or postponing your death through technology.[and you've already been on medication and stuff], what would you choose? id choose death. its time to pass the torch to the next generation

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                look. you dont understand. in the movie "deep impact' , a man and a woman stand on the shore, embracing their death. the asgard did that too. they were sick of fighting death. they were sick of always having to rely on technology to live, always buisy trying to correct the mistakes they made, and those very corrections made it worse. they saw that whatever they did, it would get worse, and they decided to pass on the torch to the next potent power.

i first thought it was lame writing. but i realized it was a rightfull thing to do. if you watched unending properly, daniel stated " whatever you do, there is never enough time". the asgard saw that. we saw it, and realized we wouldve done the same. i wouldve done the same. because doing what you suggest makes them replicator-like. the cloning problem was a graduate process. to make a new body from scratch would be strange: you wouldnt feel at "home". the asgard did what anyone else wouldve done. after all, if you're a 100 years old, and you can choose: death, or postponing your death through technology.[and you've already been on medication and stuff], what would you choose? id choose death. its time to pass the torch to the next generation
                Very well said. Sometimes the writing goes over people's heads.

Comment

sometimes it isnt just shallow writing, and it has a deeper, logical feel to it than it first seems

Comment

what the asgard should of done is kept their origianl bodies in stasis or a dna blood bank that why cloning a clone would of gradually been bad and they have the option of starting new
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      what the asgard should of done is kept their origianl bodies in stasis or a dna blood bank that why cloning a clone would of gradually been bad and they have the option of starting new
                      well the only problem with that is when you take them all out of stasis what would you do to them kill them? let them live (and if you did that you would have a lot of one person running around) so no matter what they would all die.
                      Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                      god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

it wouldve been possible.

Comment

but then again, there could be asgard that were outside their peoples command, like Loki for example, who was working outside their government.. Them Asgard might not have believed in the method the rest of the Asgard used which resulted in the disease that then caused them to mass suicide.

I refuse to believe the Asgard are dead

Comment

the asgard waste alot of time with treaties, protected worlds (screw you anubis), and a whole bunch of over things when they could be saving their own butts
                            Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                            god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

look guys ok i am a massive fan of the asgard. i am very sorry about what happened to them. but they had a choice mass suicide which was quick and painless or die at different times slowly and painfully. at the very least they made sure there were two lees ori warships for the oddessy to fight. frankly i hope there are some asgard conscioucnesses in the computer core and then we could use ancient cloing tech to help them but im afraid we cant. no more asgard.

but there are several ways we could "honour the asgard name" think of some then do them
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X