This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign To Nominate David Hewlett For Fandom Award

This is a fan nomination thread to recognize David Hewlett's performance as Dr. Rodney McKay in the episode the Shrine.

The purpose of this thread is to express recognition for his performance and to hope the officials will recognize his performance as well.

So, I would like to start:

I would like to nominate David Hewlett for the Stargate Fandom Award for his outstanding performance in the episode the Shrine.

His reflection of a patient suffering the loss of memory and function was superb and rivaled Tom Hanks in Forest Gump.

Thus, I set forth the first nomination for his outstanding impression and performance.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Signed
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

but I've never seen forest gump.

Comment

I fully endorse this nomination!

Comment

What? You can't be serious! Though McKay was indeed brilliant in this episode, it was KELLER who truly shined! We need to nominate KELLER for her outstanding acting in this episode, not McKay!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
          Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
            What? You can't be serious! Though McKay was indeed brilliant in this episode, it was KELLER who truly shined! We need to nominate KELLER for her outstanding acting in this episode, not McKay!

Have you been reading JMz's blog today?!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

^^Apparently.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                I would like to nominate David Hewlett for the Stargate Fandom Award for his outstanding performance in the episode the Shrine.

His reflection of a patient suffering the loss of memory and function was superb and rivaled Tom Hanks in Forest Gump.
                Wait a second.

Alright, Hewlett's performance was good, very good and I think everyone agrees about that. But going as far to say that he rivaled Tom Hanks is taking things way too far.

We all love stargate, thats why we are here, but dont let your mind become clouded. The performance was very good but lets not lose our heads now and start saying Hewlett is the best actor on TV.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
                  Wait a second.

Alright, Hewlett's performance was good, very good and I think everyone agrees about that. But going as far to say that he rivaled Tom Hanks is taking things way too far.

We all love stargate, thats why we are here, but dont let your mind become clouded. The performance was very good but lets not lose our heads now and start saying Hewlett is the best actor on TV.
                  I didn't say he was the best actor on TV. But that one performance he did very good...I have a handicapped child and I work with handicapped. I could see the subtlety he used in his body language and speech pattern.

if he has better material...then it would have been even better!! I didn't say the writing was good. it was awful and full of holes. BUT DH (btw...i usually hate mckay) did a fantastic job portraying a mentally regressing man.

The speech slur was perfect, the arm waves he used for demonstrating more gross over all muscle tone verses fine motor skills, really does reflect how someone with that type of brain damage moves. He even the off walking gate down.

The writer's gave him simple speech...which was good but forgot to have him not recognize big words and ask...what's that?

the writing was sinful, but his acting was above par.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
                    Wait a second.

My only notion is that he wasn't amazingly good in The Shrine only.
                    I could recomend him for any award if i could do so, for Duet,for Tabula Rasa for Adrift for for for...
                    In the Shrine he managed to show the effects of an illnes that doesn't exists and make it like it exists.
                    I don't know how much advise he got. But you can act something you know. You can act to be a blind man, because you've seen blind men. You can act to be suffering from memory loss , because you've seen people with amnesia or heard about the illness. How do you act an unknown , allien illness?
                    He found a way!!!Just like he found a way in Duet to act like a "woman" in a man's body who is trying to be manly..
                    He is the best actor in tv in .....centuries. The guy is unterated.
                    Spoiler:
                    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                    (YEAR 0 - 100)
                    "O thou Sun,
                    send me as far over the earth
                    as is my pleasure and thine,
                    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                    but never hear anything of bad ones,
                    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      I didn't say he was the best actor on TV. But that one performance he did very good
                      I agree, but I think it is premature to say that he rivaled the great performance of Tom Hanks in Gump.

"He is the best actor in tv in .....centuries."

oh boy.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

What? i can name you a dozen of "hollywood stars" that haven't got half of his talent....
                        I didn't say he is up to play at Epidaurus.... hmm Broadway for you people(maybe he is ...)
                        but when it comes to T.V. he is one of the best out there. And i am adamant about that.
                        Spoiler:
                        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                        (YEAR 0 - 100)
                        "O thou Sun,
                        send me as far over the earth
                        as is my pleasure and thine,
                        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                        but never hear anything of bad ones,
                        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

*signs*

Comment

I'll sign, but to compare his performance to Hanks' in Gump is reaching. However, overall his performance was mind-blowing, and reaches beyond the constraints of "sci-fi" into pure art. It was phenomenol, to say the least.

Look, if there's a way for me to vote for him to get an Emmy for his performance, I'll be there.
                            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I support it.

Comment

Working...
                              X