This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies of 2004

What moves have you seen in cinemas this year? I've seen Timeline (Which started in Australian cinemas in January), Hidalgo, The Day After Tomorrow (twice), Dawn of the Dead (twice), Spider-Man 2, The Village, The Manchurian Candidate, and The Forgotten.

I don't really go to the cinemas that much. I usually wait until movies are out on DVD. This year I've saw:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (twice), The Village...that's all I can think of! I'm sure there were more than that.....
    Last edited by .:Lemon:.; 13 November 2004, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I like renting/buying movies on DVD as well, but I don't like missing out on awesome movies when they're in the cinemas. I try to go to the movies to see all my anticipated movies, ever since I missed out on awesome movies like Signs and Panic Room when they were in cinemas.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean Theres a few I just have to watch as soon as they come out, such as the LOTR movies or the Harry Potter ones

Comment

I saw Spiderman 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and I've seen the Incredibles twice. I usually only go to movies that I can take my son to.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
            What moves have you seen in cinemas this year? I've seen Timeline (Which started in Australian cinemas in January), Hidalgo, The Day After Tomorrow (twice), Dawn of the Dead (twice), Spider-Man 2, The Village, The Manchurian Candidate, and The Forgotten.
            Manchurian Candidate
            Hero
            Alien v. Predator
            Spider Man 2
            The Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
              I saw Spiderman 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and I've seen the Incredibles twice. I usually only go to movies that I can take my son to.
              Did you and your son enjoy the Incredibles? Well duh, you went to see it twice, haha. I thought that movie was funny!
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'll try to think.

Spiderman 2
                Harry Potter and POA
                The Day After Tomorrow
                Kill Bill 2
                Chronicles of Riddick

Thats it. Havent seen a new movie in awhile.
                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

In the movies...

Shrek 2
                  King Aurther (They completely wrecked that movie by making it PG13 and was just terrible, a wate of $9.75)
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                    Did you and your son enjoy the Incredibles? Well duh, you went to see it twice, haha. I thought that movie was funny!
                    Yes we loved it. In fact my son is bugging me to take him a third time. I forgot that we also saw Shrek 2 in the theatre and hubby and I went to see Chronicles of Riddick.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I saw:
                      1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
                      2. Chronicles of Riddick
                      3. Shrek 2
                      4. King Arthur
                      5. Spider-Man 2
                      6. The Incredibles

Theres one more but I can't remember.
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        Yes we loved it. In fact my son is bugging me to take him a third time.
                        Oooh, jolly good. Mine have been asking to see it and they're of an age with yours so that's encouraging. They liked Shrek 2 too.

Madeleine

Comment

Okay, so I actually went to www.imdb.com to find the movies that came out in 2004 (this is what happens when I have homework to do) And, um, I've seen a lot

13 Going on 30
                          The Butterfly Effect
                          The Day After Tomorrow
                          Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
                          Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
                          EuroTrip
                          Fahrenheit 9/11
                          The Girl Next Door
                          Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
                          I, Robot
                          I Huckabees
                          The Incredibles
                          Jersey Girl
                          Kill Bill 2
                          Ladder 49
                          The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
                          Man on Fire
                          The Manchurian Candidate
                          Miracle
                          The Motorcycle Diaries
                          Mystic River
                          Raising Helen
                          Shaun of the Dead
                          Shrek 2
                          Spider-Man 2
                          The Terminal
                          Team America: World Police
                          Troy
                          Van Helsing
                          Wimbleton

The reason why I've been able to see so many movies is because a friend of mine has started the Thursday Night Movie Club. Where every Thursday a bunch of us get together and see a movie. (This week it's The Polar Express and I think I'm going to skip it...)

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Wow... You've seen a lot of movies this year.

Comment

Toooo many! On another board that I belong to - we have a cinema diary thread - cut and pasted from there, this is my list for 2004 so far...

JANUARY
                              Return of the King (Pure class - we shall not see it's like again!)

Touching the Void (Truth is really a heck of a lot stranger than fiction)

Lost in Translation (Now this is what I call a romantic film!)

The Last Samurai (Epic and beautiful with Ken Wanatabe stealing the show)

Girl with a Pearl Earring (Exquisite)

American Splendour (I can now understand why this is getting so much love - an excellent film well worth your time)

Return of the King (I hope this wins every damn award going!)

FEBRUARY
                              School of Rock (It RAAAWKS!!)

Big Fish (Beautiful to look at, very whimsical but I think I need another look)

Return of the King (Pellenor Fields - nuff said!)

MARCH
                              School of Rock (I have to get this soundtrack!)

Return of the King (It deserved all 11 of those Oscars and Billy Boyd is just adorable!)

Starsky and Hutch (Damn fine comedy which both pokes fun and respects the original material!)

Party Monster (Seth Green steals the show with a performance that makes Mitzi DeLaBra look like Agent Smith!)

Welcome to the Jungle (So I like dumb action films! So shoot me!)

Zatoichi (My first Beat Takeshi film and I loved it! Seven Samurai meets Singing in the Rain! Best film of the year!)

APRIL
                              ROTK (for possibly the last time at the cinema but still wonderful!)

Shaun of the Dead (I laughed far too much and jumped in all the wrong places - bloody brilliant!)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Gentle, beautiful, elegant and witty. Oh for more Sci-Fi like this!)

Kill Bill Vol. 2 (I enjoyed this more than Vol. 1! And isn't B.B. the sweetest thing?!)

MAY
                              Van Helsing (If Hammer had the tech and the money - this is what they'd come up with too! And gotta love all that male nudity... mmm! )

Troy (Homer would roll in his grave if he saw this but Sean Bean and Eric Bana steal the honours in this 'interesting' take on the Greek myth!)

Bad Education (La mala educación - my first Almodovar and hopefully not my last - kept me enthralled and guessing right to the last. Recommended!)

JUNE
                              The day after tomorrow (Good but not Emmerich's finest hour. That still is 'Stargate' )

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Bloody brilliant, knocks the previous two into the proverbial hat!)

JULY
                              Shrek 2 (Wonderful fun, couldn't really stop laughing and even better than the original)

Spiderman 2 (Um... wow! Didn't think much of the first one but this was something quite wonderful!)

King Arthur (Possible candidate for worst film of the year. Only enlivened by the homoerotism at the end! )

AUGUST
                              I, Robot (Interesting and intriguing - got nowt to do with the book but looks lovely)

13 going on 30 (Entertaining fluff, thanks to Saharadesert for the reccie!)

SEPTEMBER
                              Hellboy (Best comic book film of the year - loved it! I should not go a month without cinema, makes me go all )

Hero (Possibly one of the most beautiful films ever committed to celluloid and a pertinent argument for watching films at the cinema first rather than DVD!)

OCTOBER
                              Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (Wonderful idea, good delivery and Frankie Cook rules! )

Bride and Prejudice (Proving how timeless and universal Jane Austen truly is, looked lovely and very enjoyable)

Shark Tale (mindless pop culture fluff that tries too hard to appeal to the adults in the audience while leaving the kids with only the fart jokes. Must do better Dreamworks!

The Incredibles (Thank you London Film Festival! This is just... INCREDIBLE!! One of the best films of the year!)

Bubba Ho-Tep (Bruce Campbell is not just god, he's also the King too, a real haunter of a film!)

House of Flying Daggers (Thanks again to the LFF - Excellent film let down by a 'slightly' dodgy ending)

NOVEMBER
                              Finding Neverland (Not really crying - got something in my eye... yes, both of them!)

Still want to see 'The Phantom of the Opera' (even the 'A film by Joel Shumacher' didn't put me off! ) and 'The Incredibles' at least another two times - perhaps film of the year for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X