Other applications for the Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other applications for the Stargate

We know that Stargates are devices capable of creating artificial stable wormholes that can transport you from one place to another. But we've seen it has other applications as well: time machine, bridge between paralel Universes, storage device (for physical objects), weapon of mass destruction etc. Carter also mentioned in the episode "1969" (If I remember correctly) that when they thought the gate only goes between Earth and Abydos, they were trying to find other applications for it.

What other uses can you find for the gate ?

Maybe as a cool decoration?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
      Maybe as a cool decoration?
      I was rather thinking of technical applications. For example: we know the gate dissasembles you at the event horizon and then stores you in it's buffer. Carter said that it does this by leaving an imprint on the gate's storage crystal (or crystals). It then sends this information to the destination gate along with the energy obtained by disintegrating the person (the matter stream), and this gate uses the information in the crystals and the energy to reassemble you. My point is: if you give the gate enough energy to transform into matter and leave an imprint on it's storage crystal, can't you turn the gate into a matter convertor ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
        I was rather thinking of technical applications. For example: we know the gate dissasembles you at the event horizon and then stores you in it's buffer. Carter said that it does this by leaving an imprint on the gate's storage crystal (or crystals). It then sends this information to the destination gate along with the energy obtained by disintegrating the person (the matter stream), and this gate uses the information in the crystals and the energy to reassemble you. My point is: if you give the gate enough energy to transform into matter and leave an imprint on it's storage crystal, can't you turn the gate into a matter convertor ?
        or rather a cloning device by preventing the erasure of the imprinting....
        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

The world's biggest Frisby!
          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
            now why didnt you say that in the first place lol

i dont think it would work because once the object or person has been restored then the imprint is erased so its like when you walk through a door and once you walked into that door there another door and you have to wait for abit and then step through the other door , what im trying to say is: there should be a red door.....
            sigpic

Comment

Or we could use it as a giant replicator, basically get a crystal put a imprint of a thing we want making I.E a car and then give the gate the energy required to make it and there we go we have a new car,

But obviously there would be problem's with it as the gate was made by the ancients so its basically if we got a caveman from the past and gave him a laptop lol (that would be cool to see )
              sigpic

Comment

smash smash there goes the laptop
                Spoiler:
                Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

We could use it as a massive storage device. Send objects into the buffer and then programme the gate to release them at a set date.

Comment

nice idea
                    Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                    god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Working...
                    X