WOW!!! Problem here! (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!! Problem here! (?)

OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only the used chevrons light up on a gate? Right? So what's with this:

All NINE chevrons lighting up? I don't think we're dialing Destiny here!

Actualy...........I think therir suposed to all light up, but I'm uncertain.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      Actualy...........I think therir suposed to all light up, but I'm uncertain.
      Why though? There all never light up on other land-based gates...

Besides, they're there to indicate which symbols are being used.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post

Actualy, once the adreses is entered and the wormhole begins forming, all chevrons light up. And normal MW gates dont light up to show the chevron, only sgc gate does this, since it locks on manualy.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

i think they all light op when a wormhole as been activeded

Comment

Because the bottom chevros of land gates are covered up. And they don't indicate the symbols beng used.

Comment

after doing some digging through the gateworld image archives, I think I've found 4 images relevant. All images in spoiler tags to save space.

First from SG-1 Season 3 Nemesis:
              Spoiler:

Second from SG-1 Season 4 Exodus:
              Spoiler:

Thirdly from SGA Season 3 The Return Pt 1:
              Spoiler:

Fourthly from SGA Season 1 Rising Pt 2:
              Spoiler:

Using these four images it looks like for Atlantis it has always been that chevrons 8 and 9 light up, however it looks like for the milky way gates, it changed at somepoint between season 4 and Atlantis season 3.

Comment

OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only the used chevrons light up on a gate? Right? So what's with this:

All NINE chevrons lighting up? I don't think we're dialing Destiny here!
                lately i had been wondering about that myself too...i guess the CGI people keep making mistakes on the stargate and other CGI stuffs just like they always do..or did the writers decided to just make them all light up?

Comment

um isnt it only 7 when its an outgoing wormhole and 9 when its an incoming one? just a guess/theory, would need to double check lots of episodes but might be why..

Comment

Exodus was definitely an outgoing wormhole as I doubt they could have gotten anyone safely to the black hole gate to be able to dial in

Comment

the one from the return cant light up the 9th because it isnt there
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
                        after doing some digging through the gateworld image archives, I think I've found 4 images relevant. All images in spoiler tags to save space.

First from SG-1 Season 3 Nemesis:
                        Spoiler:

Second from SG-1 Season 4 Exodus:
                        Spoiler:

Thirdly from SGA Season 3 The Return Pt 1:
                        Spoiler:

Fourthly from SGA Season 1 Rising Pt 2:
                        Spoiler:

Using these four images it looks like for Atlantis it has always been that chevrons 8 and 9 light up, however it looks like for the milky way gates, it changed at somepoint between season 4 and Atlantis season 3.
                        Well it seems obvious that only a Pegasus gate lights all chevrons and the others the one used as seen in these pictures (because the gate in the return is a MW gate.

Comment

All the SGA images posted were of Incoming wormholes, all SG-1 pics were outgoing wormholes. A Stargate could basically care less where a wormhole is coming from so does it really matter which Chevrons light up?
                          One thing about SG-1, is that we've never seen a MW 'Gate's full circumference on an incoming wormhole IN the SG-1 series. SGC's 'Gate is below the ramp, and all other offworld 'Gates we've seen were under the stone steps when we had an incoming wormhole.
                          Atlantis's symbol track seems to start at the top, "travel" all the way around as the wormhole is incoming lighting up chevrons all along the way so lighting up the 2 bottom chevrons isn't exactly too hard to believe.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                            All the SGA images posted were of Incoming wormholes, all SG-1 pics were outgoing wormholes. A Stargate could basically care less where a wormhole is coming from so does it really matter which Chevrons light up?
                            One thing about SG-1, is that we've never seen a MW 'Gate's full circumference on an incoming wormhole IN the SG-1 series. SGC's 'Gate is below the ramp, and all other offworld 'Gates we've seen were under the stone steps when we had an incoming wormhole.
                            Atlantis's symbol track seems to start at the top, "travel" all the way around as the wormhole is incoming lighting up chevrons all along the way so lighting up the 2 bottom chevrons isn't exactly too hard to believe.
                            No, the pics above of the Pegasus gates are actually outgoing wormholes, and all the chevrons light up, which isn't the case for Milky Way gates.

It's probably true that all chevrons would light up in the event of an incoming wormhole, for both gate systems, but there's certainly a discrepancy in terms of maintaining VFX consistency for both series.
                            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Spacegates have all 9 chevrons lighting up upon wormhole connection, so you can see exactly where the gate is, and you know how big the circle is.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X